anyone have any good RPG reccomendations for the gamecube?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jamuko
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2004
    • 1083

    #46
    Originally posted by SethSquall
    The new Tales game is coming out soon ^__^. Tales of legend or somthing. Its going to ps2 though which piss's me off. I mean it was popular on GC why switch. Pssh i dont know.
    You do realize Symphonia was not the first Tales game, right? In fact, it was the first one on a Nintendo home console since the very first Tales of Phantasia on the SNES, which didn't even come to America. While I enjoyed the fact that Symphonia was on the GCN, the series has pretty much made its home on the Playstation, so it really isn't a surprise that Legendia will be on it too.

    Here's a list of every Tales game to date. =D It's a good series.
    ♪~
    Always Happy! Smile! Hello!
    I like delicious things
    I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
    So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
    There's lots of happiness in my pocket
    So let's play forever~

    Comment

    • GuidoHunter
      is against custom titles
      • Oct 2003
      • 7371

      #47
      Harvest Moon? I see it as kind of an RPG...

      --Guido


      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

      Comment

      • Moogy
        嗚呼
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2003
        • 10303

        #48
        Originally posted by jamuko
        Originally posted by SethSquall
        The new Tales game is coming out soon ^__^. Tales of legend or somthing. Its going to ps2 though which piss's me off. I mean it was popular on GC why switch. Pssh i dont know.
        You do realize Symphonia was not the first Tales game, right? In fact, it was the first one on a Nintendo home console since the very first Tales of Phantasia on the SNES, which didn't even come to America. While I enjoyed the fact that Symphonia was on the GCN, the series has pretty much made its home on the Playstation, so it really isn't a surprise that Legendia will be on it too.

        Here's a list of every Tales game to date. =D It's a good series.
        Legendia isn't too great. The best PS2 Tales is Tales of Rebith. Tales of the Abyss, which came out last month, is really great, and by the Symphonia team. Oh, and the PS2 version of Symphonia is crap. It has really bad graphics (the PS2 can't really handle cel-shading) and insane load times. Of course, it adds COSTUMES AND OPTIONAL BOSSES!!!

        ToP is finally coming to America, on the GBA. Too bad I played it, fully translated, 3 or 4 years ago. Ah well. I've played every Tales game to date - the great thing is that you don't need to know Japanese to enjoy them, because of the battle system. Tales is a great series.
        Plz visit my blog

        ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

        Comment

        • SethSquall
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2004
          • 5477

          #49
          I understand that there is a chain of tales games. I know that there like final in the way each game isnt a sequel to the other (apart from X - 2, which in my opinion, was really bad. Really bad.) The thing that annoys me the most is that they made symphonia for GC. It did really well. Made a huge fan base in the nintendo people. Then sets to make another game which looks even better for a different console. I mean, they added a feature to grab and that, and watching trailors i had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Im lucky enough to have a PS2 as well. However i do feel sorry for the nintendo only people who got hooked. Anyone seen the trailors for grandia 3. That looks amazing. Cant wait for Shadow of the Colossus either. Theres a massive spurt of RPG's soon to be released for PS2. I cant wait.

          ps. I know shadow isnt really an RPG but you gotta admit it looks awesome

          pps. I live in britian. We get everything waaaay later than everyone else. Is Shadow out in America yet?
          Originally posted by Tibs
          I love you, you Welsh ****

          Comment

          • Zarbon
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2005
            • 168

            #50
            I highly recommend, like I said, PSO:ep. 1&2 only if you have online available to you. It gets kinda boring after you play each mission on all the difficulties but it takes hella long time to do that =P and ep. 2 is way harder and longer so....

            Comment

            • Moogy
              嗚呼
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2003
              • 10303

              #51
              SethSquall: Shadow of the Colossus has been out here for 3 or 4 months.

              And as I've stated before, do not start playing PSO unless you enjoy having your soul sucked out of you. Ironically, I will probably be playing on a private server with some friends from school that have it as well soon... We got to talking about it today. Good bye, soul.
              Plz visit my blog

              ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

              Comment

              • SethSquall
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2004
                • 5477

                #52
                SethSquall: Shadow of the Colossus has been out here for 3 or 4 months.
                Well well well. Looks like im out of touch in america release's. Better shape up. Would i be right in saying the new Tales game is going to be realeased in Feb?
                Originally posted by Tibs
                I love you, you Welsh ****

                Comment

                • Moogy
                  嗚呼
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 10303

                  #53
                  Tales of Legendia will be released here, around a year and half after its Japanese release, near the end of this month. It's not very good, in my opinion. The weakest Tales game by far.
                  Plz visit my blog

                  ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                  Comment

                  Working...