Pokken Tournament

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #16
    Re: Pokken Tournament

    Originally posted by Reach
    Braixen and Gardevoir do seem really weak.
    I was just labbing her for a good 2 hours and here's what I have to say.

    Her sunny day attack is the key to her success

    It boosts your assists by a significant amount each time you do it. Even if the assist is labeled as a slow recharage.

    So certain assists like, say, Reshiram with his ridiculous damage output for an assist can be summoned multiple times in a round because of this attack.

    I've tested it out online and it checks out. Of course I didn't meet anyone that tried to go in my face yet, but I think the same principle is there too. If I sunny day some of my attacks, and or attack close range as I hold my special regardless of phase, it'll boost that assist and boom.

    Tide is mine.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #17
      Re: Pokken Tournament

      Not to mention of course it enhances her specials each time she does it. And if even buffs attack if done again without using a special.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Izzy
        Snek
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2003
        • 9195

        #18
        Re: Pokken Tournament

        What kind of game is this? Like pokemon games but with modern 3D graphics?

        Comment

        • Kraezymann
          Forum User
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2003
          • 1640

          #19
          Re: Pokken Tournament

          I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's basically Tekken with Pokemon characters. I mean it's far less technical than Tekken and was built to get EVERYONE playing, instead of fighting game fans, but it's still a fighting game. I've been pretty on the fence about it... the main things that are keeping me from getting it are why there are only 16 playable Monsters (and why are 2 of them Pikachu?) and apparently fairly lousy local multiplayer. If these issues are addressed then maybe I'll check it out
          Last edited by Kraezymann; 03-20-2016, 10:04 PM.
          Twitch | Stepping Stones 2! | Stepping Stones 3! | Stepping Stones 4!

          Submit to this -

          Comment

          • Izzy
            Snek
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2003
            • 9195

            #20
            Re: Pokken Tournament

            Oh. This isn't the game for me then.

            I hope they make a modern pokemon game some day. Even better would be a pokemon mmo in a 3D world where you can pokemon battle people.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #21
              Re: Pokken Tournament

              So for everyone here that wants or already have the game.

              There's a shield block infinite with Shadow Mewtwo that will autowin Shadow Mewtwo. Even ditto's

              I recommend not trying to block if he gets about mid-range or so to you.


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • Contrapasso
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2013
                • 108

                #22
                Re: Pokken Tournament

                Originally posted by Izzy
                Oh. This isn't the game for me then.

                I hope they make a modern pokemon game some day. Even better would be a pokemon mmo in a 3D world where you can pokemon battle people.
                pokemon go, bruh GET HYPE

                watched charu play this a bit in a skype call, I think I'll pick this up once I get a wii u. looks neat, gengar looked sick as hell and the fact that chandelure is a playable pokemon is icing on the cake.

                WHEN AUDINO
                Originally posted by Ziemniax
                the amount of people telling he's bs just shows how freaking good this guy is.
                Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                Agreed. Same reason why I know god is real.
                Originally posted by Ghakimx
                If I was the officer, if I saw the guy, I would try to assess the situation properly. What is the race of the guy?

                Comment

                • YoshL
                  Celestial Harbor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6156

                  #23
                  Re: Pokken Tournament

                  played against charu, and it was much more enjoyable since charu found out how to handle braixen a lot better lol


                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                  Comment

                  • xXIKirito_KunIXx
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2015
                    • 1

                    #24
                    Re: Pokken Tournament

                    "Mewtwo pretty OP, huh?"

                    Comment

                    • Ghakimx
                      Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1594

                      #25
                      Re: Pokken Tournament

                      At least you won't easily be chewed out between two pros

                      I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.


                      Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.

                      Comment

                      • Reach
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 7471

                        #26
                        Re: Pokken Tournament

                        Mewtwo and Gengar are definitely S tier after finishing the campaign and getting a lot of online play in.

                        I can't see it any other way.

                        There are some other good contenders (Chandel is really good, as is Pikachu I think) but these guys really stand out as having no real weaknesses and hitting like a truck. Just spam with mewtwo and win. He wins range, he wins close. Gengar's transform is hilariously OP so it never really matters if you drop one of the first two games since you always win game 3.

                        Maybe at high end play it's different but with respect to average gamers these guys are it. I haven't dropped a single game with either of them at over a dozen wins each. All I do is win. They're so easy to play and punish so hard.

                        Gardevoir and Braixen are just bad at this level. I can't get them to work, everyone I face that plays them I pretty much perfect. If they're good characters their skill cap is too high for most players to really utilize them. All I do is lose when I play these guys.

                        I don't really get them. They can't zone well, they can't camp. Mewtwo, Chandel, Gengar can all out range game them so their poking is really useless and you can just rush their face because at close range they get demolished. They seem like a handicap.
                        Last edited by Reach; 03-27-2016, 06:22 AM.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #27
                          Re: Pokken Tournament

                          Well, my Braixen says "Fuck your shit Mewtwo" and "Fuck your shit Gengar"

                          I don't win all the time against them, but I find it easy when facing Gengar.

                          Mewtwo, I just got to play smart and see what they do. If they spam projectiles. It's a good thing then most of them I can just counter dash through them. There's one move I can't do that though, so I just broomstick then since it gives Mewtwo huge end lag.


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • Reach
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 7471

                            #28
                            Re: Pokken Tournament

                            What rank are you?

                            In the D ranks people still walk into mewtwo beam all the time and it saps like 1/3 of their Hp...

                            Of course, getting in on mewtwo is also fine since his close game is so damn good.

                            Maybe it's different at higher ranks. I'll break into C soon. But I'm still pushing ~80% WR in Ds with Gengar/Mewtwo. Can't say the same for most other characters.

                            Others that have stood out as good to me: Pika, Chandel, Lucario, Wevile

                            ...UNDERrated(?): Septicile, Machamp, Blaziken (holy shit good Blaziken's are annoying). I've faced a few randoms on the ladder with wicked high WRs on these guys and gotten roflstomped.

                            Balance seems pretty good overall in this game though. I expect tier clusters to form but I don't think the difference is anywhere near smash level.
                            Last edited by Reach; 03-27-2016, 06:35 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #29
                              Re: Pokken Tournament

                              Admittedly, I've been only doing Friendlies, not so much rank.

                              But I've faced plenty of smart players that knew what they were doing in Friendlies

                              Actually, I'm about to finally do some rank right now, lessee what we can do here


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              Working...