Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • typing like wat
    FFR Veteran
    • Jun 2009
    • 535

    #16
    Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

    Originally posted by speeddemon
    Pft. Actin like that tier list matters for any of the people on FFR who play. I personally play Ganondorf whenever I want to tryhard and usually rape the dicks out of most of the people I play. When I REALLY need to win, I'll pick up Wolf, who is also considered to be a pretty subpar choice, but I've won 1v3s against people with him, so it's really w/e unless you're one of those ultragodly tournament players.

    Edit: For everyone saying remove Wolf, you might as well also remove Ike, Ganondorf, Falco, Link, and Lucas as well. I mean they're esentially just slower stronger versions of their respective 'clones', right? Some people enjoy the differing playstyle that's at least somewhat similar. I vastly enjoy Fox's agility, etc, but I find that I far prefer Wolf's slightly stronger hitting for a slightly slower movement and attack, with slightly altered moves like the side B that come with added effects (ridiculously strong spike if you catch them at the tip of his side B).
    i played against an asian once on ssbb, killed her once them she preceded to continously throw me off the stage;****ing annoying after a while i think she told me how the tournment players play, once they throw u off the stage the do every cheap ****ing trick in the book to make sure u cant get back on
    Originally posted by sayuncle990
    Shit goes down, Typing like wat goes up. Basic physics.
    Dragonsfury member

    Comment

    • Choofers
      FFR Player
      FFR Music Producer
      • Dec 2008
      • 6205

      #17
      Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

      Originally posted by wildfireskunk
      Not much to boast about seeing as he has no positive matchups. Amusingly Captain Falcon's only positive matchup is against Ganondorf iirc!
      I'm sure I might hit one or two people with this assumption, but not many people on FFR play SSB:B in a tournament setting rofl. My brother uses Ganondorf all the time and he rapes with him.

      Likewise, I use Kirby and wreck faces.


      Originally posted by XxMidigamixX
      remove: Ice Climbers
      god yes

      Mr. Game & Watch (I forgot why I wanted him removed...)
      Because it's fucen Mr. Game & Watch.

      Comment

      • ~kitty~
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2007
        • 988

        #18
        Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

        Originally posted by speeddemon

        Edit: For everyone saying remove Wolf, you might as well also remove Ike, Ganondorf, Falco, Link, and Lucas as well. I mean they're esentially just slower stronger versions of their respective 'clones', right? Some people enjoy the differing playstyle that's at least somewhat similar. I vastly enjoy Fox's agility, etc, but I find that I far prefer Wolf's slightly stronger hitting for a slightly slower movement and attack, with slightly altered moves like the side B that come with added effects (ridiculously strong spike if you catch them at the tip of his side B).
        Why remove Link?

        Comment

        • demonllama6124
          im your grandpa!!!
          • Mar 2004
          • 1440

          #19
          Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

          Originally posted by ~kitty~
          Why remove Link?
          im hopefully assuming he is referring to toon link.

          Id love to see Geno and a link from majoras mask. 3 masks with their own move set and the fierce deity mask for the final smash!?. King De de de, wario, and the others mentioned need to go.
          Originally posted by nestlekwik
          Blue is my favorite color. Thus, anyone in the chat with a blue name is super awesome and deserves to have Chinese food.
          Originally posted by welsh_girl
          OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

          Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
          Originally posted by Velocity
          leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
          Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
          http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647

          Comment

          • igotrhythm
            Fractals!
            • Sep 2004
            • 6535

            #20
            Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

            I'm gonna say in with Zero, out with Megaman. Why? Megaman just doesn't have the diverse move set required of characters in games like this. (See the reasoning behind why he wasn't in MvC 3.) Plus, you know you want to see screen shots of Zero holding an item-drop beam sword. I'd say Megaman X would be a cool assist trophy provided they could get the rights to the IP from Capcom.

            As for other suggestions, you kind of have to consider what niche the character would fill in the roster instead of just thinking "zomg this would be so cool!" If they got rid of Samus changing forms with each use of her final smash, I'd like her a whole lot more, as they play completely differently. (Don't even start on Pkmn Trainer requiring mastery of THREE styles...)

            On the subject of sword wielders, Takamaru from Mysterious Murasame Castle would make a good addition as a trophy or character. Anyone who's played with him in Samurai Warriors 3 knows that there's a LOT of potential here for filling the Noob Saibot role of combo-whore + reach. You've even got a lot of regular and special attacks, including the "final smash" all animated in a way that the Wii thinks it can manage. If he ends up as a trophy, there's some competition in each of the niches between Samurai Goroh and Lyn, and you even have a pre-made adventure mode if you go that road!

            As for who to take out? Definitely Sonic. He was shoehorned into the campaign mode at the last possible moment, and one has to wonder what the hell he's doing in a Nintendo game when he was invented specifically to give Mario and friends a run for their money? His final is incredibly cheap, his dash is impossible to control, and I think he can string aerial specials to some extent before going into helpless as if that's fair compensation for his lack of reach and power.
            Last edited by igotrhythm; 05-19-2012, 07:51 PM.
            Originally posted by thesunfan
            I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

            Comment

            • Fluvs
              FFR Veteran
              • Sep 2009
              • 674

              #21
              Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

              why not add Isaac from (Golden Sun) he was a nice character from the assisted trophy xD

              for the remove I would say diddy kong just his yelling an screaming was so annoying >_>

              Comment

              • LaZboy77
                #149
                • Feb 2009
                • 148

                #22
                Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                The only other Nintendo character(s) I can think of that haven't been used or mentioned is Banjo and Kazooie. Of course they might be just as annoying as the Ice Climbers...ugh...gawd...the Ice Climbers.
                Last edited by LaZboy77; 05-19-2012, 09:29 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Winrar
                  Quasi-porn
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 1843

                  #23
                  Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                  I'd want to see Marina from Mischief Makers. Bomberman would sound interesting. I hate ice climbers with a passion. Maybe Conker since he has a variety of moves.

                  Originally posted by Staiain
                  I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

                  Comment

                  • ~kitty~
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 988

                    #24
                    Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                    How about add King Boo? lol idunno.

                    Comment

                    • speeddemon
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 404

                      #25
                      Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                      Originally posted by demonllama6124
                      im hopefully assuming he is referring to toon link.
                      Actually no, I meant real Link. I realize that he himself is the base character, but people seem to opt for removing the slower stronger version when having these conversations, I included him to show the absurdity of the idea.

                      Most people seem to think that including Toon Link was a good choice, even though he outshines real Link in nearly every way. His up B catches. His arrows float better, although they are slower. His down A aerial knocks people away if it misses, and hits just as hard. His attacks are stronger. He's a smaller target. He moves faster and falls slower (by the way being lighter is oftentimes an advantage in this game, as the heavier characters are easily juggled). The only real downside I can come up with is that his hookshot and attack range are slightly smaller, which is hardly ever an issue given his array of ranged attacks.

                      Comment

                      • XxMidigamixX
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 2040

                        #26
                        Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                        Oh, one more thing: remove sonic and replace him with Pichu. I want to maul people with self-inflicting attacks hahaha. Also, Sonic has the most OP'd final smash out of all of the chars in brawl -_-
                        Click to join!





                        Comment

                        • ic0slay3r
                          Falangel <3
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 2309

                          #27
                          Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                          ADD: Geno, Tetra(Toon Zelda), Ridley, Girahim, Isaac <- this one should have been in Brawl, instead of being an assist trophy.

                          Remove: I don't think I remove anybody, except for maybe Wario but thats just because I don't like him.

                          Why do so many people say TL, Wolf, Ganondorf are clone characters, I know they have some of the same move-sets and look alike, but most of their attacks and special moves, have different attributes and purposes, and even their weight and speed are different. People who say they are clones, in my eyes they haven't played the game enough to notice that there is a big difference between each character. There is a reason Toon Link is High Tier and Link is the 3 worst character in game.

                          Ps. Lucario > Mewtwo: I don't care how classic, awesome he is, he had his chance in meele and he sucked, considered to be one of the worst characters in that game. On the other hand Lucario, is clasified as one of the higher tier characters in brawl.

                          AAA:531
                          Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
                          Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
                          # of BF: 42


                          -------

                          Comment

                          • korny
                            It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                            • May 2004
                            • 4385

                            #28
                            Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                            Originally posted by JJuchiha
                            -Jigglypuff, because no matter how you look at it jigglypuff is stupid. She was stupid n annoying in the anime and she is stupid and annoying in the smash bros. games.
                            I would murder you with my jigglypuff 64, melee, or brawl. Don't talk shit about my jigs my nigs.

                            Originally posted by Mike Weedmark
                            Remove: Kirby if he's still around. Or at least his invincibility stone move, if that's still around.
                            Not only is that never going to happen because the creator of the game is the creator of kirby himself, but invincibility? Come on bro, just throw the motha ****a.

                            Originally posted by MrMagic5239
                            Oh and as much as I love Ganondorf, hes just a clone of Captain Falcon that is super slow.
                            Their move set is practically identical, but ganondorfs playing style is wayyy different than falcons and likewise, he is just an awesome character. Dude whoops ass in the right hands.

                            Originally posted by XxMidigamixX
                            remove: Ice Climbers (god ****ing dammit, I don't care how easy they are to beat but god dammit they're simply rubbish), Captain Falcon, and Mr. Game & Watch (I forgot why I wanted him removed...)
                            Ice climbers easy to beat? I would like to see you play against some of my friends ice climbers and say that so confidently. Capt. Falcon is a classic though I literally never use him. Game & watch better not go anywhere he's the shiznit, especially in brawl.

                            Originally posted by speeddemon
                            Pft. Actin like that tier list matters for any of the people on FFR who play. I personally play Ganondorf whenever I want to tryhard and usually rape the dicks out of most of the people I play. When I REALLY need to win, I'll pick up Wolf, who is also considered to be a pretty subpar choice, but I've won 1v3s against people with him, so it's really w/e unless you're one of those ultragodly tournament players.
                            Tiers totally matter for a few ffr players that play, at least it does for me. I guarantee you you aren't going to beat my falco in melee with a mid low tier character even you are a beast. Utilization of speed and priority with the greatest efficacy is not something to be underestimated sir. Believe there are a few people on ffr that I know of who are capable of showing you that tiers indeed exist.

                            Originally posted by typing like wat
                            i played against an asian once on ssbb, killed her once them she preceded to continously throw me off the stage;****ing annoying after a while i think she told me how the tournment players play, once they throw u off the stage the do every cheap ****ing trick in the book to make sure u cant get back on
                            Uh, edge guarding? That's how you're supposed to play this game l0l. There's nothing cheap about it, it's the way this game is played on a competitive level.

                            Originally posted by XxMidigamixX
                            Oh, one more thing: remove sonic and replace him with Pichu.
                            I don't like sonic, but **** pichu bro.

                            Comment

                            • trumaestro
                              I don't get no respect
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 1332

                              #29
                              Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                              Bring back Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario
                              Add Tails (might as well..), Samurai Goroh, more Pokemon (obv), Waluigi
                              Get rid of Snake. I think he's kind of out of place in brawl. I understand that his moveset gives him some sense of fitting in, but I feel he doesn't really jive well in brawl.

                              I'm still playing Project M though and want Samus so bad, but that's not Smash U..

                              Comment

                              • ic0slay3r
                                Falangel <3
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 2309

                                #30
                                Re: Who should be added or removed for Smash Bros. U?

                                Originally posted by trumaestro
                                Bring back Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario
                                Add Tails (might as well..), Samurai Goroh, more Pokemon (obv), Waluigi
                                Get rid of Snake. I think he's kind of out of place in brawl. I understand that his moveset gives him some sense of fitting in, but I feel he doesn't really jive well in brawl.

                                I'm still playing Project M though and want Samus so bad, but that's not Smash U..
                                DR. Mario and Roy, lol. C'mon those are almost exact replica of their original characters. But I wouldn't mind Dr.Mario being a costume for the actual Mario, but other than that he would be a waste of a character slot.

                                AAA:531
                                Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
                                Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
                                # of BF: 42


                                -------

                                Comment

                                Working...