TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • u84
    FFR Veteran
    • Jul 2006
    • 1921

    #31
    Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

    Afro, just because Devonin points out logic doesn't mean he sucks.. It means he's a smart player who actually thinks before posting his entire thought process on every single player and action. Before going off and making insane accusations over the minutest things, he looks at everything and considers all possibilities.. isn't that what we're all supposed to be doing?
    Originally posted by ryanisadouche
    I woke up this morning wearing my new ffr shirt which confused me.

    Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.


    Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.

    Comment

    • Afrombean
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2007
      • 285

      #32
      Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

      Originally posted by u84
      Afro, just because Devonin points out logic doesn't mean he sucks.. It means he's a smart player who actually thinks before posting his entire thought process on every single player and action. Before going off and making insane accusations over the minutest things, he looks at everything and considers all possibilities.. isn't that what we're all supposed to be doing?
      lol

      Go back and read the chat log I posted and commented on during the game. He says so many things that are either completely wrong or simply illogical. He even claims that disputing a logical statement without providing an equally reasonable alternative is NOT appealing to fear. Rather than merely agreeing with me that the kill was a bad choice, he argued HEAVILY that it was not. You tell me that doesn't sound like a newb wolf trying to justify their bad choice.

      Comment

      • Viccica
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2009
        • 702

        #33
        Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

        I vote we do only red and green games in celebration of the Christmas season.


        Dear sirs,
        One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

        In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

        Sincerely,

        Your Client
        Eco Friendly
        ♥~Chu

        Comment

        • devonin
          Very Grave Indeed
          Community Manager
          Event Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2004
          • 10120

          #34
          Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

          Afro, jesus christ learn to read.

          "Maybe we shouldn't be so hasty to assume they are idiots" is NOT DEFENDING THE WOLF KILL. "Actually it was a great idea to kill Freaky" that would be defending the wolf kill. "Actually, I feel strongly that they had a -very- good reason to pick him" would be defending the wolf kill. "Hey guys, lets not just jump right to an unfounded assumption" is NOT defending the wolf kill. It is opposing the logic used to conclude that they are morons. That is a very different thing.

          I'll also point out that your conclusion as to why they picked Freaky was WRONG, they didn't pick freaky to try and avoid hitting a guard, they picked someone at random because they didn't give a ****. So when I said "Maybe Afro isn't automatically right just because he talks like he's right" I was actually correct. Fancy that, from such a horrible player too.

          Comment

          • iggymatrixcounter
            FFR Veteran
            • Nov 2003
            • 1924

            #35
            Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

            Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter

            @afro and devon: Even though this game only lasted one day, I still see you arguing for most of this postgame, so can we just assume you guys battle it out for like 3 or 4 pages and then decide to agree to disagree? I'm tired of reading posts of you two arguing XD.
            I guess not XD.
            lastfm
            PANDORA

            Comment

            • devonin
              Very Grave Indeed
              Community Manager
              Event Staff
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Apr 2004
              • 10120

              #36
              Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

              I'm not even arguing, so much as trying to get Afro to realise that now that the game is over, and nobody is trying to lynch him, that he can stop misrepresenting my position in the game to save his ass.

              Comment

              • FictionJunction
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 3843

                #37
                Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                nobody is trying to lynch you arfo
                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                wow

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #38
                  Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                  Originally posted by devonin
                  It is opposing the logic used to conclude that they are morons.
                  Wait...
                  Originally posted by devonin
                  Afro, jesus christ learn to read.
                  I need to learn to read? How about you? I said over and over how me calling the wolves idiots was a TRICK. I never truly believed that to be indicative of the wolves being morons. I used it to see if I could draw out any wolves, to see if anyone would defend the kill choice, if anyone would be offended. You defended it (even if you say you didn't) and you became offended quickly, even claiming that I called you an insult. I set the trap to catch a foolish wolf, but instead you somehow found your way into getting caught in it. I don't even understand how you as a green could do that.

                  I'll also point out that your conclusion as to why they picked Freaky was WRONG, they didn't pick freaky to try and avoid hitting a guard, they picked someone at random because they didn't give a ****.
                  You don't think they would have changed it if their random choice had turned out to be someone likely to be guarded? if they TRULY didn't give a ****, they would have just thrown caution to the wind and attacked whoever they felt like without considering the guardian.

                  So when I said "Maybe Afro isn't automatically right just because he talks like he's right" I was actually correct. Fancy that, from such a horrible player too.
                  I say "The kill was a bad choice". I was right. They should have left freaky alive so that I could kill him during the day, so that I and the other greens would do their legwork. Me nearly being lynched was something stupid they couldn't have accounted for, but me being lynched in place of freaky isn't something that they could have ever guessed would happen or hoped could come to be. They really just took a random kill choice, and the choice was not a good one. That's all I've said all along, dev. I don't know why you clamped so tightly onto my personal attacks on the wolves, calling them morons and whatnot. I've said over and over that that was only a trick, hoping to catch a wolf if they elicited the very same response to the personal attack that you gave me.

                  Comment

                  • devonin
                    Very Grave Indeed
                    Community Manager
                    Event Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 10120

                    #39
                    Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                    I guess it was a bad plan then, if every person who reacted to you wasn't a wolf, including arguably the most veteran player that isn't you.

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #40
                      Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                      Originally posted by devonin
                      I guess it was a bad plan then, if every person who reacted to you wasn't a wolf, including arguably the most veteran player that isn't you.
                      It wasn't that bad of a plan, I just gave it so much weight because of how strongly you responded. Had you not defended so heartily, had you not been so offended, I wouldn't have given the trap's return much weight.

                      Comment

                      • devonin
                        Very Grave Indeed
                        Community Manager
                        Event Staff
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 10120

                        #41
                        Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                        This is the part I don't understand. I wasn't offended, and I didn't defend, let alone heartily. What I said was:

                        You're assuming, of course, that the only reason they picked Frealky was that they were sure he woudln't be guarded. We have no way to know what plan the wolves are hatching, and we have no way to know what might have been said betwen Freaky and people who aren't ourselves to have made wolves decide he needed to die.

                        We lack enough information to decide exactly why they picked Freaky, and "Because they didn't want the kill guarded" doesn't even work for the reasons you already described.
                        And considering that "Because they didn't want the kill guarded" wasn't even their reason, and considering that up until I made that single post saying "Maybe it's not so obvious why they picked Freaky" I'd been -agreeing with- and -supporting- you, maybe you will FINALLY understand why your very next post calling me a wolf and voting to lynch me made me get suspicious of you.

                        Comment

                        • Viccica
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 702

                          #42
                          Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                          So anyway.....



                          Host signups?
                          Dear sirs,
                          One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                          In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                          Sincerely,

                          Your Client
                          Eco Friendly
                          ♥~Chu

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #43
                            Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                            waiting on syhto.

                            If it goes too long past today I'll put one up
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • Gun92
                              The Paragon of Perfection
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 4826

                              #44
                              Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                              Its been a pretty long wait considering this game ended a good time ago.

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #45
                                Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens Postgame

                                Not that afro and devo aren't entertaining but... I'm not entertained.


                                Host signups nao plox, Manti?
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...