1) you were all completely inactive
2) you gave your roles out to people
3) stoic it was a ballsy play but you should have waited to see if hans was going to come out before doing what you did. with two alliance heads, the info and the guardian were split. And who do you think jurs would trust? You could have been the independent, for all she knew. hans was clearly the correct guarding for her.
4) everyone one of you should have realized that I was a wolf. I suck at being a wolf, and it shows immediately. Granted, I wasn't trying that hard (especially after all my plans were ****ed when iggy didn't die) and had no clue what blues were out there. The role I made up to stoic was laughable. (interesting note, I actually did have a name ready to go on the spot there, but I felt it would be more in character for me to ask fojar first).
5) you all trusted dbp so much lmao.
6) the game may or may not have been unbalanced. Wilkin and hithey were huge roles, and could have really been damaging. However, not having to vote publically was an INSANE advantage for us. I know that I nine out of the ten times I spot wolves as a human it's when they're justifying their votes, or responding to an attack. That whole dynamic was gone, and I think that compounded the inactivity problem (at least on the thread).
7) you didn't capitalize on our errors. I know dbp more than once told people about having talked to me, yet if you'd asked us for the convo, we would have been caught red-handed. Hell I remember iggy coming to me like "dbp says you're going to vote for me" and I was hella stressed, but played it off, and iggy didn't follow it up.
8) new kids got to step up to the plate.
Stoic and I were talking about DBP for a little while, and Stoic said he thought DBP and HiThey could be wolves or something together, but we quickly went past that thought. I got the impression from Stoic that he thought DBP was human, so I talked to him a little bit at the end of the game. All in all, it was really confusing. At the end I started to lose trust in Stoic because I questioned why I had trusted him to begin with. I also didn't entirely trust Hans because the night he got guarded he asked for me to guard him (even though it had to do with the poisoning and stuff). If he hadn't asked, I probably would have trusted him a lot more. Stoic kept telling me he thought talisman was green, so I didn't think much of it.
Originally posted by Arch0wl
I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use
Originally posted by Afrobean
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
I apologise for my inactivity. I had to go to hospital for an operation on game day 1 i think, i did PM foJaR with this info, then my computer had a massive old virus on it so i lost net access for a few days, so meh i couldn't really do much this game
i really think that any advantage caused by hidden votes could have easily been removed if the humans had kept their roles secret, especially with the "send your votes to three people" thing. i was assuming you'd do that, or at least have people post their votes for the day before, which would still hold them accountable.
all it would have taken is a little luck and the wolves might have offed one of their own. but once they know that poisoners are out there and how they work, it's not very difficult for them to not only stay safe, but as DBP proved, even get the kill they want, on a night they get poisoned.
i really dont think you can blame the game for being "unbalanced". so many of you had roles that could get you killed, and you went telling practically everyone anyways.
i really dont think you can blame the game for being "unbalanced". so many of you had roles that could get you killed, and you went telling practically everyone anyways.
What were we supposed to do? If everyone kept thier secret roles and the wolves were left to their own devices, I don't see how any wolf could have been found except by dumb luck.
And roles like mine, who alter the votes, would change the voting patterns, thus confusing the humans and/or causing the lynch of someone who is actually helpful.
Assuming no one told their roles, humans had no information to deal with except faulty voting patterns that can only be obtained once a day.
Games with no strategy or public path don't do well. I mean what do we post about if their's nothing to go on? All we can do is speculate on things we can't figure out if they are real or not. At least by having some info out their, we could decipher it, weigh it, and manipulate it. Otherwise we sit there and lynch players who talk a lot because it's the only activity to go off of.
I'm not sure if this game was balanced or not, but I do know that leaving everything quiet would have been worse than not saying anything.
Stoic and I were discussing roles and if they could be wolf or not, and in so doing we found that disco and vash had to be linked for their "roles" to work. An obvious sign of falsehood that we didn't catch until we were dead. So there was stuff out there to help.
You might as well figure that if someone has a role, they are going to reveal it to someone sometime.
how do you find wolves in games with no seers? regular games where you've got a guardian and maybe a psychic? eh?
i'm not saying to leave everything quiet, or not to tell ANYONE, but everyone on this forum seems to think that a human alliance = wolf defeat. yall are so eager to have an alliance that you dont think of the consequences. it's mindless.
You say how do you find wolves, but if you have a game with little to begin with, you have little to talk about and little to gain from anything. I'm not saying set games up where alliances are made. I hate games like that (only because the alliance leader has to do EVERYTHING).
I'm saying set games up where there can be a couple of paths taken, couple of strategies to discuss, something where you can get people's opinion on, not just going off behaviors and baseless theories. Controversy creates evidence, so if there's something to disagree on, then there's something to lie about, then there's someone to catch.
Games with a guardian and a psychic can work fine if there is some gameplay plot that affects the game. If the game ONLY had a guardian and a psychic then the game would go no where. Actually you might have the psychic reveal himself and have a 2 man alliance but that's it. Luck would play more of a role than anything.
EDIT: btw who has an idea for the next game? Let's try to start this up next week when all the festivities are over.
allz i'm saying is that there are plenty of games with little information, and especially in a game where if you dont post you get thrown out, where you dont need to worry about inactive players, there are ways of catching wolves in lies.
shash has been pushing for a normal game (guardian psychic seer) which i'd definitely be down for.
Anyways, shash's game sounds kool but anytime you have a guardian and a seer you have an alliance. If that's the type of game he wants, then I'm all for it.
I believe I only fully gave my role out to Jurs, Hans, and Iggy. The only reason I went to Hans and Jurs was because they kept thinking I was a wolf early in the game. She finally believed me when I told her I poisoned her, but then that was messed up when she found out about HiThey claiming the same role. At that point, both Hans and Jurs got suspicious of me, and ended up getting suspicious of Iggy when I told them of his comfirmedness.
I was very careful when talking to DBP, Stoic, and Observer. I was very iffy with Stoic due to how he killed Mini with no one really caring, but I wasn't ALWAYS ignoring you (just once, I think). I was also careful with DBP and Stoic because they both knew my role from some other source (Hans?), though I never told anyone besides the original three people. Thus, I made sure I gave away as little information as I could.
As for next game, I was thinking of hosting one of two ideas:
1) A cloning game. It would be a "normal" setup with a twist: there would be two guardians, two seers, etc. (not sure about anything with wolves yet), but every night only one of each role's picks would be chosen. So if A and B were guardians, I would flip a coin to determine whose guarding pick gets chosen. As for the wolves, I was thinking of maybe two wolf teams of two people, with the teams having no knowledge of each other. The kills would then work the same way as the guardings.
And a little optional icing would be to put two "clone" roles in the game, that would PM me Night 1 and tell me whose role they would like to clone, perhaps including wolves (with obvious balancing issues that could be worked out so there doesn't end up being 6 wolves or anything).
2) I go to a bunch of TWG vets (Tass, Hans, Fish, Afro, Jurs, etc.) and ask them about their favorite three games of TWG to date. Then we could use that to make the next game an emulation of one of those, hopefully giving back the good ol' TWG feel.
Comment