TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #7651
    Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by Xelicopter
    there is no chance that to the general rest of you

    I should 100% be a 50 / 50

    if you attempt to convince yourself otherwise, you're delusional at best
    I think letting the thread know you're a 50/50 is not a good way to sway opinions.

    Could be just me though.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #7652
      Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by FreezinIce
      Mindmeld.

      Especially ironic since this was his main point against the box when he brought up multiple nightkills
      Wha...

      My beef with round extends pass that, it was just something to add on to the pile of other things I found lacking and dodgy.

      But with the knowledge I have now, there's to consider this:

      Did roundbox know about multiple night kills due to one of their wolf pals having this ability (since there is an item that's unaccounted for in this list)? A scenario in my head can easily play one of the wolves brainstorming on Spruce specifically since if you just look up that specific character... they start with a member card which gave them access to the shop pregame.

      http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Rennac

      Specifically look at the starting item for them. Look familiar to the flip?

      ...

      HOWEVER

      I think I much believe the world that TWGma did it since he's the person that would naturally look for this with his Fire Emblem knowledge. If TWGma won that event during jeopardy like I think he did, then he no doubt used it thinking spruce was a wolf... I think. It's the only one I can think of anyways that doesn't involve a 3rd wolf kill that I don't believe in.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • FreezinIce
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 265

        #7653
        Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

        I think I'm gonna take a step back and try to reset since I spent all today tunneling charu and did almost nothing of note.

        Not saying that I'm reneging on my scumread but I acknowledge

        A) the possibility of a icarus situation where I'm being blinded to other possible worlds and risk accomplishing nothing and

        B) That charu can't be resolved concretely today without catching at least another wolf. And it was probably too soon to aim that high considering the general reaction. I got.

        So I make a tactical withdrawal and I will try to stay receptive to new information.
        ========

        To let the world be.

        ========

        Originally posted by Charu
        Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
        Originally posted by roundbox
        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
        Originally posted by Red
        My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
        Originally posted by TWG Ike
        SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #7654
          Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

          I will say that in general none of the vocal people today feel like wolves.
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • FreezinIce
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 265

            #7655
            Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

            I mean...

            Tonewise, if I largely ignore wider implications I think from towniest to scummiest it goes:

            1. Charu / yoshl
            2. Xiz / roundbox
            3. cel
            4. Jessica
            5. Blind/xel
            ========

            To let the world be.

            ========

            Originally posted by Charu
            Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
            Originally posted by roundbox
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
            Originally posted by Red
            My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
            Originally posted by TWG Ike
            SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

            Comment

            • FreezinIce
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 265

              #7656
              Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

              So how do I parse this.

              Is it impossible to take a good stab from tone alone? Do I really need the entire body of work of a player to make a decent judgement? This game will probably decide that for me once and for all and shape my meta in future games.
              ========

              To let the world be.

              ========

              Originally posted by Charu
              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
              Originally posted by roundbox
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
              Originally posted by Red
              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
              Originally posted by TWG Ike
              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

              Comment

              • Celirra
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2015
                • 749

                #7657
                Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                I'll get bad ranking lists for 600, sunfan
                ,,
                 ,_, -ー'"{
                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                彡と} 猫.{つ

                Comment

                • FreezinIce
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 265

                  #7658
                  Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                  Maybe were at the equalibirium point where wolf fatigue sets in and towniness directly correlates to post volume with at least 2 of the remaining 3 wolves
                  ========

                  To let the world be.

                  ========

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                  Originally posted by Red
                  My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                  Originally posted by TWG Ike
                  SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                  Comment

                  • Daikyi
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2013
                    • 10

                    #7659
                    Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by FreezinIce
                    I will say that in general none of the vocal people today feel like wolves.
                    i mean, it's definitely beneficial for wolves to sit back, assuming there's just town yelling in thread.

                    Comment

                    • Celirra
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 749

                      #7660
                      Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                      Originally posted by FreezinIce
                      Maybe were at the equalibirium point where wolf fatigue sets in and towniness directly correlates to post volume with at least 2 of the remaining 3 wolves
                      so who are these 2 that you're implicating here? I don't think I've noticed any distinct posting quantity differences for anyone in the game relative to others in the game
                      ,,
                       ,_, -ー'"{
                       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                      彡と} 猫.{つ

                      Comment

                      • FreezinIce
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 265

                        #7661
                        Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by FreezinIce
                        Maybe were at the equalibirium point where wolf fatigue sets in and towniness directly correlates to post volume with at least 2 of the remaining 3 wolves
                        In other words, the chances of a majority of the wolves being active posters today that have natural interactions with each other are very unlikely.

                        If I had to bet money, I'd subscribe to the 2 inactive 1 "master" wolf paradigm. So we should be looking at inactive today for the lynch. If people share this train of thought that is.
                        ========

                        To let the world be.

                        ========

                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                        Originally posted by mellon_collie
                        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                        Originally posted by Red
                        My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                        Originally posted by TWG Ike
                        SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                        Comment

                        • Daikyi
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 10

                          #7662
                          Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                          harkening back tot he twg champs game where manti and wolves just sat back as town imploded

                          given the track record of like 3/4 lynches onto wolves, i don't know whether to be surprised or what right now.

                          however, i don't think that everyone who's active is necessarily town, because i can look at all the players who have been actively engaging in discussion and say like "yeah that's par for the course"

                          Comment

                          • FreezinIce
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 265

                            #7663
                            Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                            Originally posted by Celirra
                            so who are these 2 that you're implicating here? I don't think I've noticed any distinct posting quantity differences for anyone in the game relative to others in the game
                            I would say blind, jess, xel with you being an edge case.

                            Those would be the 4 least vocal posters myself excluded
                            ========

                            To let the world be.

                            ========

                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                            Originally posted by mellon_collie
                            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                            Originally posted by roundbox
                            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                            Originally posted by Red
                            My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                            Originally posted by TWG Ike
                            SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                            Comment

                            • blindreper1179
                              Vice President Of TGB
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 5902

                              #7664
                              Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                              How am i all of a sudden wolfy to you guys? I was town read by almost everyone last day phase. I've been trying to get rid of anti town behavior (ffa and round) i wasnt tunneled like you guys said i was. I've been saying round and xiz as well pretty much most of the time too. Sure, haku and ffa were misses, but town isn't always right.
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                              Originally posted by choof
                              It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                              Originally posted by choof
                              whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                              Originally posted by Celirra
                              I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #7665
                                Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Celirra
                                I'll get bad ranking lists for 600, sunfan
                                In the spreadsheet that Xiz made in 2016, this person has 0 games recorded in TWG.


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...