TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #16
    Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

    it is my opinion that Olimar didn't come close to violating any rules, which I don't really think is what people are talking about Xel

    I think people are just not quite so happy with the negativity in general that happened at a few points in this game

    Maybe just a case of it boiling over because I don't think this game had really any more than a normal game does on FFR
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • FreezinIce
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 265

      #17
      Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

      Originally posted by the sun fan
      it is my opinion that Olimar didn't come close to violating any rules, which I don't really think is what people are talking about Xel

      I think people are just not quite so happy with the negativity in general that happened at a few points in this game

      Maybe just a case of it boiling over because I don't think this game had really any more than a normal game does on FFR
      The fact that it has become the standard is what is worrying to me.

      Yelling expletives to try to shake someone off you is a tactic yes. But I've come to realize it's a cheap one that worsens the experience for most involved. I'm not trying to create a safe space here, I'm just saying have more respect for other people. It's a thin line I guess considering the nature of the game.
      ========

      To let the world be.

      ========

      Originally posted by Charu
      Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
      Originally posted by roundbox
      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
      Originally posted by Red
      My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
      Originally posted by TWG Ike
      SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #18
        Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

        What if you need to do that to make Haku feel bad and then I vote someone else and you win ?

        :thinking:

        I guess insults without intentions leading to wincon ain't too great. I'd say it depends on why it's happening, but at same time, the moment you start a game; nothing is supposed to be taken at heart on the same level as when you're not playing. So, as long as it's within rules, it should be fine. Maybe frowned a bit, but that's about it.
        Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-24-2018, 10:08 AM.

        Comment

        • mellonxcollie
          Sectional Moderator
          Sectional Moderator
          • Dec 2006
          • 1303

          #19
          Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

          Originally posted by the sun fan
          Maybe just a case of it boiling over because I don't think this game had really any more than a normal game does on FFR
          Here's my problem with it in this specific scenario:

          We have someone who was largely absent from the game, coming in and acting aggressive right off the bat. Without expending any effort not to be that way. There was no back-and-forth that escalated and he got emotional, he just came out with the insults when everyone else was being civil. To me that's a bit less understandable than someone who gets going when they're in the heat of the moment.
          Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

          Comment

          • flashflash account
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2017
            • 567

            #20
            Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

            olimar plays aggro as a wolf
            check "How to kill TWG"
            he went straight savage in final 3 to try avoiding insta

            I don't think a day 1 olimar lynch would've been out of the question either cause town olimar would've had much different questions for the thread imo
            aka mikey

            -----

            Originally posted by FreezinIce
            FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

            Originally posted by QueenAshy
            I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
            i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
            seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

            Comment

            • star-crossed
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2017
              • 476

              #21
              Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              @star, talking about finding serial killers specifically, and I'm sure you know most of this already because its probably been said a lot on ToS (I remember some other people complaining about Serial Killers when I was playing there briefly), but Serial Killers kind of have an odd position in most TWG games, especially smaller ones (below 25 players).

              Because in just about every game, they start looking for wolves, and don't really stop until they are done killing all the wolves (again, this is the usual, not the guarantee), which gives them the added benefit of looking like a townsperson. Now since there wasn't much of an opportunity to do much after Curry was lynched, it should've been quite hard to find Olimar for the right reasons because you have to look outside of his reads/pushes and more at his behavior, which is always hit and miss but I think you did some good stuff there right at the end (in a similar vein to what Cel did).

              Most of this just lies with what Serial Killers, and third party roles in general, are. They don't really belong in games other than to add a mystery element that, in the case of serial killers and arsonists, is more meant to speed up a game rather than help balance it.

              What I mean to say is finding Serial Killers is hard. Before the SK is finished looking for wolves, finding one should be more or less luck based without some really on-point behavior or meta reads.

              I think you were probably looking for the right things, its just really, really hard to the point where a lot of people just don't even bother with looking for Serial Killers unless they absolutely have to in the late game (me).
              Thank you for this.

              On ToS in general I do not think it is anywhere near as hard to find an SK as it was in this game. (I would rather play as or against an SK than most of the other neutrals that they have.) There are more investigators that can find them, and in the more complicated setups even mafia can have investigators. Escorts and jailors that visit them also get stabbed automatically (so if those roles leave a will then that can help). Plus through the death notes, if the mafia hit somebody with kill immunity, the mafia can anonymously inform everyone of this. And a lot of them make themselves obvious by claiming to be the doctor.

              I do not even know whether olimar picked to have the kill immunity or to look like a town to the cop, but I kind of lost my hope for finding the SK through not luck when Funnygirl died...which ironically made it harder to notice, what was very obvious to the dead chat in olimar's behavior. There of course should be some differences in how people act as an sk versus a town, but just being by yourself from the beginning seems like it is harder to pick up on those differences, as you are saying.

              I cannot really blame olimar for being harsh, because it was the most convincing thing (to me at least) that he had said the entire day, even though it is not something I personally enjoy being part of the game.
              twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

              Comment

              • star-crossed
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2017
                • 476

                #22
                Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                By the way, I would say the MVP should probably be inD because he killed the last two mafia all by himself.
                twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #23
                  Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                  It was either Zoshi, ffa or both that said that a lot of Olimar's posts focused on the serial killer, and I think that was the main thing to look for (and I know Cel said this during the last phase as part of his larger post). Focusing your gameplay more than usual on what your role is is a little bit of a noob tell (sry Olimar) that has to be unlearned.

                  I hope Olimar was not as mad as he seemed. A large part of the reason why he lost was because he had at least 2 nights where he didn't send in a kill, and if he had sent both of those in and the game plays out relatively the same (it probably wouldn't but I'll explain in a sec) then he would've won.

                  Yes, the game probably would've played out differently, but denying town the information of a nightkill in the early game is never, ever worth as a serial killer. In fact, it was a key piece of why town turned around in f4 and lynched Olimar.

                  The post is mainly directed towards the small minority on FFR here that believe no-killing as the SK can be a viable strat (though I understand its mainly talked about in games of c9++ where there might be no serial killer). This game is a prime example of why no-killing is -EV as the serial killer in the early game.
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • flashflash account
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2017
                    • 567

                    #24
                    Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                    If olimar had killed I think wolves had a better chance of winning, but there's no way to say for sure

                    I think no kill was not a conscious choice on olimars part, and I don't think he was really that angry during the game. I can't say for sure lol but ye
                    aka mikey

                    -----

                    Originally posted by FreezinIce
                    FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                    Originally posted by QueenAshy
                    I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #25
                      Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                      Originally posted by flashflash account
                      I think no kill was not a conscious choice on olimars part
                      ye but it had the same effect
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #26
                        Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                        in that f4 i think i kill...cel? just to make it super weird because you deny cel's tinfoil on star and roundbox's confidence on cel

                        other option is just kill star and try to post well enough to let the other two tunnel each other

                        i think there's depth to the choices there rather than no-killing, depends how you want the game to go the next day

                        Comment

                        • flashflash account
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2017
                          • 567

                          #27
                          Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                          Olimar also realized that final 4 made a single vote not end the game. With star having to drop a vote early that was a chance to win by shooting cel in the night
                          aka mikey

                          -----

                          Originally posted by FreezinIce
                          FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                          Originally posted by QueenAshy
                          I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #28
                            Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                            Originally posted by inDheart
                            [1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: WHAT
                            [1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: zoshi is toby?
                            [1:44 AM] Golden Silver: WHAT
                            [1:44 AM] NocturneOfShadow: wooooow
                            [1:44 AM] inDheart: danceguy outed it in signups lol
                            Proud to have made my first contribution to this subforum in a year

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #29
                              Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                              Originally posted by flashflash account
                              Olimar also realized that final 4 made a single vote not end the game. With star having to drop a vote early that was a chance to win by shooting cel in the night
                              preeeeeeety sure she doesn't vote like that there if its a f3
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #30
                                Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

                                I'd sum up my game but I already did before making the last vote

                                Not my best performance but I at least called out celery being blocked!!
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...