TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #2656
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by dadcop2
    can you give me an example of such an action? and by action you mean something someone says right? the only real §action§ is voting
    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    danceguy is because of lack of assertiveness.
    danceguy had no reason to not try to solve the game directly this game.
    He haven't tried to do so.
    He couldn't explain this.
    He flipped wolf.

    Actions are what players "do" or "don't do".

    Comment

    • dadcop2
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2016
      • 229

      #2657
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      Does talking to everyone else means he's scum?
      What information is he "withholding" ?
      no, it doesn't. the reason i brought up his tone is because, at the time, he seemed to just be just touting how good of a team player he is

      and none, currently. quote is old and doesn't hold up anymore

      Comment

      • dadcop2
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2016
        • 229

        #2658
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        danceguy had no reason to not try to solve the game directly this game.
        He haven't tried to do so.
        He couldn't explain this.
        He flipped wolf.

        Actions are what players "do" or "don't do".
        uh you mean he had no reason TO try to solve the game right?

        even so, couldn't you say the same about pazzaz? he flipped town

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #2659
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by dadcop2
          uh you mean he had no reason TO try to solve the game right?

          even so, couldn't you say the same about pazzaz? he flipped town
          I voted Pazzaz because I thought he was a better choice than Storn.
          The logical move could have been to unvote.
          Not voting leads to Storn being more likely to be lynched.
          I did not want Storn to get lynched.
          I voted Pazzaz.
          The problem here is that unvoting is like telling everyone that you refuse to have an opinion.
          So, it's better to vote regardless.
          Pazzaz was fairly inactive and didn't have a lot that said much about anything.
          He was more of a coin toss than anything.
          He's sadly not someone you want alive for a mylo because everyone will have paranoia about his activity.
          The perfect play was obviously to find a better wagon in this case, but I simply hadn't anything better at this point.

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #2660
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            The difference here is that Pazzaz wasn't active enough.
            danceguy was active and still didn't do much. That is a red flag.

            Comment

            • dadcop2
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2016
              • 229

              #2661
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              I voted Pazzaz because I thought he was a better choice than Storn.
              The logical move could have been to unvote.
              Not voting leads to Storn being more likely to be lynched.
              I did not want Storn to get lynched.
              I voted Pazzaz.
              The problem here is that unvoting is like telling everyone that you refuse to have an opinion.
              So, it's better to vote regardless.
              Pazzaz was fairly inactive and didn't have a lot that said much about anything.
              He was more of a coin toss than anything.
              He's sadly not someone you want alive for a mylo because everyone will have paranoia about his activity.
              The perfect play was obviously to find a better wagon in this case, but I simply hadn't anything better at this point.
              but i'm saying the action of "trying to solve the game" isn't objective. it's still open to interpretation. people lynched pazzaz for being inactive and therefore not trying to solve the game. does that lead to the conclusion that he was definitely a wolf? no

              Comment

              • dadcop2
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2016
                • 229

                #2662
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                The difference here is that Pazzaz wasn't active enough.
                danceguy was active and still didn't do much. That is a red flag.
                missed this, though i still don't know if i'd call that objective. you can't say there's never been a case of someone being active, not doing much, and then ending up being town, right?

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #2663
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by dadcop2
                  but i'm saying the action of "trying to solve the game" isn't objective. it's still open to interpretation. people lynched pazzaz for being inactive and therefore not trying to solve the game. does that lead to the conclusion that he was definitely a wolf? no
                  That's true, but if you are in mylo with 4 inactive Pazzaz, your chances of winning the game are lower than if you are with bunch of active players who are trying to solve the game.

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #2664
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by dadcop2
                    missed this, though i still don't know if i'd call that objective. you can't say there's never been a case of someone being active, not doing much, and then ending up being town, right?
                    It happens and I can assure you that we hate these games.

                    Comment

                    • dadcop2
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2016
                      • 229

                      #2665
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      It happens and I can assure you that we hate these games.
                      just because you hate it doesn't mean anything. it's still subjective

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #2666
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by dadcop2
                        just because you hate it doesn't mean anything. it's still subjective
                        Well, this is a game based on assumptions. It doesn't prove or disprove that someone is 100% town or wolf.
                        I'm just saying that the likeliness of a wolf doing this is higher than town.

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #2667
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          What's your current stance on every players in this game ?
                          Who do you think is town/wolf ?
                          Why ?

                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #2668
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            ATTENTION PLAYERS:

                            The following night will be expedited. This means that night will end as soon as all actions are received. For those of you who send night actions, please include the word FINAL in capital letters to signify it is your final choice.

                            If actions aren't received, then night will end on normal schedule and everything will be randed.


                            No votes to report yet.
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • ShadoWolfe
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 171

                              #2669
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              So I just got invited to attend a really important conference in an hour and a half. Getting changed as we speak and will be driving in the dark and rain to SF. Will most likely miss EoD as a result.

                              I've been trying to place Haku and dadcop based on their ongoing conversation and keep getting the sinking feeling that I'm wrong about everything. This is MYLO so I have to leave a vote, and I'll be sure to do so closer to EoD even if I'm driving.





                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                              Comment

                              • dadcop2
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2016
                                • 229

                                #2670
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                What's your current stance on every players in this game ?
                                Who do you think is town/wolf ?
                                Why ?
                                current stance: confused
                                i'm not gonna try to make shit up here for the sake of having content as people may want me to, but thats genuinely how i feel right now.
                                give me some time to think, we still have like 1.5 hours

                                Comment

                                Working...