Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #16
    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    wait this game is over? sorry for hardly being here

    great job to sunfan for his godly jailing
    either of his two choices were pretty great

    if i had thought about my own choices for another 5 seconds it maybe also changes things, but yeah we got strictly outmaneuvered n1

    e: also sunfan and i were talking about spanish because he thought i was trying to say something with my "tacos are good" comment, but no, i had eaten tacos and they were good, that was all
    Last edited by inDheart; 10-3-2017, 05:35 PM.

    Comment

    • ShadoWolfe
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2009
      • 171

      #17
      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

      Originally posted by the sun fan
      just a small thing

      in this setup, you're notified if you're roleblocked if you attempt an action, not just an investigative action

      so wolves got hurt just a little bit by that
      Is this an FFR thing?





      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
      Originally posted by YoshL
      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

      Comment

      • inDheart
        Picker @ JAX2
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2011
        • 505

        #18
        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        Is this an FFR thing?
        i guess so since the wiki clearly says otherwise

        "Players are not told that they are blocked unless it cannot be helped. For instance, a Cop who is blocked by a Roleblocker has to be told something for their investigation result. Normally the Cop is given a message like "No Result". (It is terrible form to simply not give the Cop any result at all and assume that the Cop understands that they were blocked - the Cop may instead question if the moderator forgot about their investigation.)"

        Comment

        • ShadoWolfe
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2009
          • 171

          #19
          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

          Originally posted by inDheart
          i guess so since the wiki clearly says otherwise

          "Players are not told that they are blocked unless it cannot be helped. For instance, a Cop who is blocked by a Roleblocker has to be told something for their investigation result. Normally the Cop is given a message like "No Result". (It is terrible form to simply not give the Cop any result at all and assume that the Cop understands that they were blocked - the Cop may instead question if the moderator forgot about their investigation.)"
          Yeah that's what's confusing me. Everything everywhere indicates that roleblocked/jailed targets are not to receive any info unless their role is such that they are expecting feedback. Even in the case of those roles, everything indicates that they not be explicitly informed that they were roleblocked, but rather return a "no result" or some such feedback.

          I'd rather not go against that, but if doing so is an FFR thing and this is how we've always played it, then I can sort of understand and will abide by it.





          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
          Originally posted by YoshL
          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #20
            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

            that's interesting

            tbh I like it a lot better with targets being told they were roleblocked

            but if its what the wiki said then I understand

            It is how we've done it in the past though
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • ShadoWolfe
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2009
              • 171

              #21
              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              It is how we've done it in the past though
              Did this apply to every role? So like, if Maf Roleblocker roleblocks a VT, do they get notified?
              Are VTs notified if jailed?

              Because if that's the case, then it destroys possible CCs before they even start

              If it's just PRs and killing roles, then I'm fine to do it that way if it's what is expected here. We could also just leave it up to the mod, and have each clarify in the gamestart setup.





              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
              Originally posted by YoshL
              "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #22
                Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                speaking candidly here, I don't think VTs should be notified of roleblocking against them

                that sounds like a bad nerf for a strong wolf role


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #23
                  Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                  the above applies only in open-semi open setups ofc


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #24
                    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                    ariel was great. greg played great.

                    Sad I got killed so early. gg
                    Last edited by Xiz; 10-3-2017, 06:27 PM.

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #25
                      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                      Originally posted by DaBackpack
                      speaking candidly here, I don't think VTs should be notified of roleblocking against them

                      that sounds like a bad nerf for a strong wolf role
                      this plus PRs that don't act on a night also don't get notified, just stealing from sunfan's ruleset

                      Comment

                      • AragakiAyase
                        Waifus
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 961

                        #26
                        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                        I thought generally you aren't notified unless it's an investigative role, and you'd realize because you get "returned no result" or something to that extent

                        being notified seems awkward

                        pikakirby123 reincarnated





                        Comment

                        • Xelicopter
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2015
                          • 2

                          #27
                          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                          Originally posted by FreezinIce
                          Good game for town and quick.

                          Guilt for killing xel is real though
                          I WAS PRETTY ANGRY BUT I CHALK IT UP TO MY INHERANT DISADVANTAGE OF EOD BEING WHILE I'M AT WORK.

                          I WILL BE BACK.

                          /WHIRRRRRLLLLLL
                          Originally posted by Xelicopter
                          if you have any questions about any of my opinions, please fuck off because I don't care about you

                          if you have any questions about any of my reads, please fuck off because I won't have any, and I encourage you to refer to sunfan's reads instead

                          /WHIRLLLLLLLLLLLL

                          Comment

                          • Xelicopter
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2015
                            • 2

                            #28
                            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                            ALSO SHADO XIZ FLIP FLAVOR TEXT WAS TOP TIER.

                            /WHIRRRRRLLLLL
                            Originally posted by Xelicopter
                            if you have any questions about any of my opinions, please fuck off because I don't care about you

                            if you have any questions about any of my reads, please fuck off because I won't have any, and I encourage you to refer to sunfan's reads instead

                            /WHIRLLLLLLLLLLLL

                            Comment

                            • XelNya
                              [Kaho]
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 3369

                              #29
                              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                              On a serious note ariel you played a pretty good game, but Charu's right from the game thread. Believe it or not that's actually my tamest TWG game.

                              Hope you'll join us again.

                              Comment

                              • FreezinIce
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 265

                                #30
                                Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Postgame

                                oh yeah i forgot to mention that to shado, your story was great. And you killing off xiz was hilarious and should be a meme in every game you hosts.

                                Like red herring

                                Last edited by FreezinIce; 10-3-2017, 08:35 PM.
                                ========

                                To let the world be.

                                ========

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                                Originally posted by Red
                                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                                Comment

                                Working...