Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wayward Vagabond
    Confirmed Heartbreaker
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2012
    • 5866

    #16
    Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

    Originally posted by inDheart
    mvp is probably freezin btw

    haku was in consideration for even dropping seer cover to insta funnygurl, but letting the vote rand at the end was kind of not great

    celirra considered wv as probably the seer, but the tell for me (having all the info) was wv played super differently to fire emblem 2 and i thought that would give him away
    I wouldn't have used my first game as a reference because it was my first forum game and one of my first fames of twg in general. After the live games I came I to this one a lot more confident and willing to contribute more.

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #17
      Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

      i guess town isn't allowed to lose turbos i host

      also i was thinking of letting wolves talk during the day since apparently this setup skews townsided overall, but not sure about that

      the other option people have talked about is removing the greencheck at the start of the game, which i like less because it could create a meta where strong townies just die

      Comment

      • mellonxcollie
        Sectional Moderator
        Sectional Moderator
        • Dec 2006
        • 1304

        #18
        Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

        gg everyone <3

        sorry freezin! I chose my random green on cel and I had to stick to it but I would have gone after him in the end. you played well and so did WV and haku
        Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #19
          Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

          Originally posted by mellonxcollie
          gg everyone <3

          sorry freezin! I chose my random green on cel and I had to stick to it but I would have gone after him in the end. you played well and so did WV and haku
          i kept forgetting your green checks. it felt so weird to have you go against me at the end there but now that i know why it makes alot of sense.

          ESPECIALLY since it didnt really matter since me and cel were going to die next 2 phases no matter what. was more important to keep up seer cover so gj

          haku on other hand said he was with me then stabbed me in the back :<
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #20
            Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

            Originally posted by inDheart
            i guess town isn't allowed to lose turbos i host

            also i was thinking of letting wolves talk during the day since apparently this setup skews townsided overall, but not sure about that

            the other option people have talked about is removing the greencheck at the start of the game, which i like less because it could create a meta where strong townies just die
            I feel like it's by chance really.

            If everyone played perfectly, that is, they leave a seer check, then yeah, wolves would need to find out who's the seer super quick and fast. Because if the Seer gets away with a N1 check to give another check, then it becomes almost bad for wolves and they have to play perfectly from there on.

            And if a wolf does die on D0, then it's pretty much a MUST KILL OR LOSE situation I feel, lol.

            idk, I think it's balanced (but is skewed towards town). If the seer didn't get a N0 check, then I think it'd be more favorable for wolves (in terms of number of checks and amount of players and chance checks are useless).


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Wayward Vagabond
              Confirmed Heartbreaker
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2012
              • 5866

              #21
              Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

              Don't worry I believed you freezin

              Comment

              • FreezinIce
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 265

                #22
                Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                GAME NOTES:

                series of unfortunate events for wolf team tbh.

                d1: funny got nailed d1. She's done the whole afk wolf thing one too many times and got dinged for it early. 2 dead votes on me gave wolves a way out. unfortunately, it also doomed them because the door got slammed in their face when mello and haku both went against funny, leaving the wolf team out cold on the wrong wagon and one member down. i also sniff cel as a wolf near end of the day, which laid the foundations for my suspicions.

                n1: blind kill. love it or hate it, it wasnt a terrible kill. it was just the ultimate wifom.

                d2: today was all about figuring out the mindset of the surviving wolf, and checking it against the facts. Bussing in a 2 wolf setup is almost never a thing so that made clearing a large amount of people till f3 extremely easy. Cel was the obvious first choice here with the 3rd vote on me, with nakah/FFA bringing up the rear. all that was left to do was resolve it and town wins. this quote pretty much sums everything i was thinking near the end

                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                the bulk of the suspicion against you is you tried to swing a wagon against me to save your wolf teammate.

                it was unlucky for the wolf team that both mello and haku chose fg over me, because that made it extremely easy to expose the wolf on the wagon.

                the funny thing is it almost doesnt even matter what order we die in. Theres so many confirmed towns that wolves are sunk either way. if seer lives another day wolves are mechanically unable to win.

                if you die and by some miracle your town, i could die the next phase and town would STILL be in an amazing position with potentially 2 confirmed towns entering f3.

                but nothing against you, you're going to die before me.
                ========

                To let the world be.

                ========

                Originally posted by Charu
                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                Originally posted by roundbox
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                Originally posted by Red
                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                Comment

                • tiloco217
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 6

                  #23
                  Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                  I saw mentioned in the game that ffr almost never does night starts and is there a specific reason for that? TBH I like the format DM has a lot better where there is always a night start and there is never card flips. I know forum and live have a lot of differences and I'm sure there's a good reason for why forum needs to use different standards but I have no idea what they would be.

                  Comment

                  • tiloco217
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 6

                    #24
                    Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                    I really wanted to play this one but I knew I would have to be gone for most if not all of the eods. Looked like a fun game.

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #25
                      Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                      Originally posted by tiloco217
                      I saw mentioned in the game that ffr almost never does night starts and is there a specific reason for that? TBH I like the format DM has a lot better where there is always a night start and there is never card flips. I know forum and live have a lot of differences and I'm sure there's a good reason for why forum needs to use different standards but I have no idea what they would be.
                      eh, i don't really know how we've grown up the way we have

                      back in twg history we did have games with no cardflips. i suspect not having a night start is so people have a chance to play each game and at least post. there is the occasional game without role flips, or with a night start (Tokzic's Allies and Adversaries was a recent one with a night start), but otherwise i'm not sure that we have different standards, just things we've done that seemed to work out ok so we kept doing them

                      Comment

                      • tiloco217
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 6

                        #26
                        Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                        Have you guys ever run the "all-star" setup (3 mafia 2 kp til 2, parity cop, nerfed medic, and a vigi, night start, no card flips)? It's our standard format on DM. I'd be interested to see how it ran on forum compared to live.

                        Comment

                        • Wayward Vagabond
                          Confirmed Heartbreaker
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 5866

                          #27
                          Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                          Also thoughts on my playing c/c plz

                          Comment

                          • inDheart
                            Picker @ JAX2
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 505

                            #28
                            Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                            Originally posted by tiloco217
                            Have you guys ever run the "all-star" setup (3 mafia 2 kp til 2, parity cop, nerfed medic, and a vigi, night start, no card flips)? It's our standard format on DM. I'd be interested to see how it ran on forum compared to live.
                            i don't think we've run it before here, no

                            only thing i'd need to know to do it myself is what's nerfed about the medic, because i just see the name all the time and don't know what it is

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #29
                              Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                              ...I feel like we did once actually (run a DM setup).

                              But it's been a super hot minute since last time so...


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #30
                                Re: Turbo XIV: Fourteen - Postgame

                                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                                Also thoughts on my playing c/c plz
                                Stay more null and balance out your interactions so you don't look like someone that's trying to figure out what's the best check tonight because this is one of the ways for wolves to find you.

                                Getting town read is good for avoiding the lynch, but it's also dangerous for avoiding the night kill.

                                I would have checked FreezinIce N1 after Funny flipped just to gain 100% information about the votes since we only had 2 wagons.

                                That's just a preference for pushing the game forward. Blind check was fine too because it was a controversial slot D0.

                                You played well imo for your first PR game. (?)
                                Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-31-2017, 01:23 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...