jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hoochan
    woah shrooms
    • Nov 2005
    • 3838

    #31
    Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

    I hate how both Lito and Dev didn't want to go along with my plan. It would have been INGENIOUS >_> >_< <_<

    Comment

    • devonin
      Very Grave Indeed
      Community Manager
      Event Staff
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Apr 2004
      • 10120

      #32
      Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

      Having already committed to Lito's plan, we pretty much had to stick it out. Whether that was a good idea or not is a seperate question entirely, but Lito outing two wolves at once certainly didn't help.

      Comment

      • rzr
        TWG Veteran
        • Oct 2007
        • 7608

        #33
        Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

        Christ, devonin, stop questioning me. Look, like I said, there's a reason you're playing in the junior game. I guess you'd like me to explain the ENTIRE psychic readings again? Fine. (This is all hypothetical because I forgot the real time frames)


        day one: you die
        Night two: psychic gets reading saying you were a wolf
        day 2: psychic dies

        OR

        day one: you die
        end of day one: psychic its reading that you were a wolf
        night 2: psychic is killed
        end of night 2: psychic gets no reading

        What you're trying to do is put the two together which doesn't work.

        Originally posted by darkshark
        Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
        Originally posted by aperson
        i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

        Originally posted by Sprite-
        More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
        yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

        i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

        Comment

        • devonin
          Very Grave Indeed
          Community Manager
          Event Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2004
          • 10120

          #34
          Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

          How about this:

          Day one: I'm lynched
          Night one: psychic dies
          End of night one: reports go out, but psychic is dead so no reading

          Sounds exactly like what -many- long-term TWG veterans have confirmed to me is the way psychics work. So I suppose they could all be wrong.

          Comment

          • Kekeb
            davai
            • Dec 2006
            • 2765

            #35
            Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

            Originally posted by devonin
            How about this:

            Day one: I'm lynched
            Night one: psychic dies
            End of night one: reports go out, but psychic is dead so no reading

            Sounds exactly like what -many- long-term TWG veterans have confirmed to me is the way psychics work. So I suppose they could all be wrong.
            Isn't that how he explained it in the thread..?
            Also, i see what you did thar.

            Comment

            • devonin
              Very Grave Indeed
              Community Manager
              Event Staff
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Apr 2004
              • 10120

              #36
              Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

              WHat happened in the game was

              Day: I'm lynched
              End of Day: Xception was told I was a wolf and posted about it
              Night: Xception died

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #37
                Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                OK! TRY AND GET IT THIS TIME: I GIVE THE PSYCHIC REPORTS AFTER EVERY DEATH. DOES THAT HELP YOU? You need to see it from the perspective of time also. If I give the readings to everyone before I publically end the night then the wolves could change their kill right after I send everything and the game is ****ed.

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • devonin
                  Very Grave Indeed
                  Community Manager
                  Event Staff
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 10120

                  #38
                  Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                  My point is that the rules say that reports are given out at the -end- of the night phase, and thus it was relevant to us to kill the psychic to protect the mystery of whether I was a wolf or not in addition to helping protect the remaining two wolves.

                  Had you said that you were modifying the rules to give the reports directly following every death, it would have impacted our strategy.

                  If I give the readings to everyone before I publically end the night then the wolves could change their kill right after I send everything and the game is ****ed.
                  What?! Wolves give you a name, Seer gives you a name, Guardian gives you a name. You end the night phase and send out all the reports. Where are the wolves changing anything in there?

                  Comment

                  • rzr
                    TWG Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 7608

                    #39
                    Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                    That's the readings of a typical psychic. But DrKirth, Megamon, kekeb, Bynary, and others all PMd me and asked how I gave the readings. If you had questions you should have asked then instead of trying to find an argument with me now.

                    Originally posted by darkshark
                    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                    Originally posted by aperson
                    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                    Originally posted by Sprite-
                    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                    Comment

                    • devonin
                      Very Grave Indeed
                      Community Manager
                      Event Staff
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 10120

                      #40
                      Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                      Instead of assuming that someone who has hosted before would -tell- us if he were changing from an established rule? Seems to me that reports going out at the end of the night is supposed to be the standard and we'd be told at the start of the game if you were modifying any rules.

                      I know better now I guess. I'll have to ask every host to individually confirm every rule to make sure they aren't modifying it.

                      Comment

                      • rzr
                        TWG Veteran
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 7608

                        #41
                        Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                        Yes, you should ask the questions. You of all people should know that when you don't understand something you need to ask questions to figure it out. Everyone else did and nobody else has any questions about it. They all understood it.

                        Originally posted by darkshark
                        Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                        Originally posted by aperson
                        i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                        Originally posted by Sprite-
                        More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                        yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                        i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                        Comment

                        • devonin
                          Very Grave Indeed
                          Community Manager
                          Event Staff
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 10120

                          #42
                          Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                          I understood what the rules were, I didn't understand that the host would be changing rules without saying anything.

                          Comment

                          • rzr
                            TWG Veteran
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 7608

                            #43
                            Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                            Player Analysis part 2

                            KilikOdagawa - Well, it took you a while to catch on but once you did you grasped the game in your hands. I really hope you come back because I enjoyed watching you play. However, work on your defenses when sense accuse you.

                            jugglinguy- I'm not too sure what to say. I know full well that you know the TWG game enough to play the real thing. But I haven't had a chance to really see you play because the only 2 games I've known you in you were a wolf and died on day 2. Better luck next time

                            Megamon88 - damn. You got lucky with your seering on jugglin. You made a good seer though. I was very impressed that you were able to get lito killed and keep the faith of the other humans. You are indeed ready to play TWG. Good game

                            DrKirth - because like kekeb said most of the game was on AIM I wasn't able to see your playing skills full out. However, you were on the forums almost as much as me and I really respect your activity. Also good job with staying alive to win the game. You're suitable for TWG but the problem is too many spots are already taken but good luck


                            The Next 4 Will Be In My Next Post

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                            Originally posted by aperson
                            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                            Originally posted by Sprite-
                            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                            Comment

                            • Makilaz
                              TWG Princess
                              • May 2006
                              • 1094

                              #44
                              Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                              Originally posted by rzr
                              Yes, you should ask the questions. You of all people should know that when you don't understand something you need to ask questions to figure it out. Everyone else did and nobody else has any questions about it. They all understood it.
                              Sorry rzr, but I have to take exception to this. If someone truly believes they understand how a game mechanic works, then they're not going to ask any questions about it. If you change the way a game mechanic works, e.g. the psychic reports, then it would be prudent to inform the players of your game about the change, otherwise they're going to assume everything is how it is usually run. I would've done the same thing in devonin's position.

                              Comment

                              • Litodude
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 4548

                                #45
                                Re: jTWG XLIV: POST GAME!

                                Originally posted by hoochan
                                I was definitely MVP with my amazing guarding.
                                I hope that's sarcasm.
                                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                                i finally got a weed hookup again and i texted the dude asking where to meet him tomorrow and the dude just said "out west"

                                dude
                                out west?
                                the fuck kinda location is west?
                                am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate


                                Originally posted by lurker
                                remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

                                http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3

                                Comment

                                Working...