Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StoicRoivaS
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 548

    #31
    Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

    Originally posted by bluguerrilla
    If mods/admins play this game seriously do you really think they're going to let random idiots spam and contribute nonsense?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Seriously though, have you ever browsed a recent game? They do, and will not do, pretty much a single thing to make this place better.

    Also, since we hit this topic briefly, here's a post from fojarfish.com that you guys can feel free to disagree with for some inevitably assinine reason.

    *****

    I have an idea, instead of circle-jerking over how things used to be, feel free to take charge over your own devices. Get people who actually can and will do things. Initiate selective game signups, create a visible, stable, strict punishment system for offenders, and let the children fight over jTWG spots while the serious people only get to play in TWG. It's not that hard. But instead, we have people like, well, basically everyone who was cool enough to post here hoping something would magically change, who just sit around crying about how stupid things are or how awesome TWG used to be. It seems like I'm the only one that ever voices opinions about how to actually improve things, and it's consistantly met with "let the host decide", "that's too subjective to work fairly", or "we don't need a TWC, things are fine how they are". Do yourselves a favor and either be proactive or shut up.

    If you hate TWG so much for what it's become then leave. And if you're going to make some EPIC ORDEAL about leaving TWG because of what it's become, then STAY GONE. You know what's really really cool? Hearing people like tass randomly stop by and complain, or throw in their two cents about something they "quit" long ago. No this doesn't just apply to tass, this applies to all of you people who are too cool to sign up anymore but still randomly stop in to post your amazing "vet" opinions over issues that hardly concern you. I'd make a list, but it would take too much time to type out the majority of this site's member list. Grow up people.

    *****

    Note that was from fojarfish.com, so I'm not referring to FFR here.



    CHALLENGE: Find 2-3 people that actually care to make this a better place to enjoy TWG, have them create, along with the few other serious players, a reasonable system that we will adhere to for game signups and rule infringements and the such, and give them the ability to enforce these decisions. The original idea was removal from user-group, but I'm not sure what exactly can be done now that it's public.

    Am I really the only one that's infuriated over the audacity of these people?
    Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn are
    wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
    -Bowser

    Comment

    • Lightknight924
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2005
      • 1164

      #32
      Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

      I agree with Stoic, and I know what Tass is meaning by his post.

      The mods, admins, and elites that used to play TWG don't care anymore about it because it's now full of younger, less intellectual, and less mature users such as myself. So since this game is really no longer seen by TWC as a game for the elite intellectuals of the site, there's no point anymore to make it private. I'm pretty sure Tass doesn't give a damn either about what happens to this forum anymore, so he doesn't care if it ends up staying in here. The only way the original TWC will act is by popular voice, not by concern for the future of the forum.

      That's why I feel as if making it public was a "give up on the forum" choice by the admins. Which is why I believe we should do as Stoic said. Or something similar to that process.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #33
        Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

        If I actually cared or had time to work to improve TWG, I would. But, I don't care... nor do I have the time.

        Hell, I didn't even sign up for the fojarfish game... I was signed up for magically.

        Regardless, enjoy your new TWG home for now. Should things happen to be worse than they were before it was here, I'll consider moving it to CT. Frankly, I think you guys are putting more credence into your own worth and the game's worth than is merited.
        RIP

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #34
          Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

          Originally posted by sertman
          whinewhinewhine
          Originally posted by Stoic
          I have an idea, instead of circle-jerking over how things used to be, feel free to take charge over your own devices.
          I like Stoic's idea.

          --Guido


          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • StoicRoivaS
            FFR Player
            • May 2006
            • 548

            #35
            Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

            Originally posted by GuidoHunter
            I like Stoic's idea.
            Originally posted by Everyone
            whinewhinewhine
            Originally posted by Stoic
            I have an idea, instead of circle-jerking over how things used to be, feel free to take charge over your own devices.
            I like Stoic's idea.
            Fix'ed
            Like the moon over
            the day, my genius and brawn are
            wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
            -Bowser

            Comment

            • StoicRoivaS
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 548

              #36
              Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

              Originally posted by Tasselfoot
              If I actually cared or had time to work to improve TWG, I would. But, I don't care... nor do I have the time.

              Hell, I didn't even sign up for the fojarfish game... I was signed up for magically.

              Regardless, enjoy your new TWG home for now. Should things happen to be worse than they were before it was here, I'll consider moving it to CT. Frankly, I think you guys are putting more credence into your own worth and the game's worth than is merited.
              You may not "care" to make things better, and you may not "care" about TWG since it became 90% children and you may not "have the time" to improve this place, but between you stopping in semi-frequently to post some self-praising trash and it sort of being your job, to a degree, you'd think you would.

              And, no, in reality, this place isn't going to get that much attention because it was moved and made public. It will probably see a maximum of 10 new people from other forums, tops, but to me, at least, putting it in the "games" thread is more of an insult and a passive-aggressive stab at those of us who still make an effort. Yeah, maybe the average IQ has gone down a bit over 50 games, but just because the all mighty tass left, doesn't mean this is no longer an offshoot of CT, and doesn't mean this place doesn't at least deserve an attempt to make it better.
              Like the moon over
              the day, my genius and brawn are
              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
              -Bowser

              Comment

              • argo15
                FFR Veteran
                • May 2006
                • 1863

                #37
                Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                Making this forum public has brought attention to me. Looks like a fun new game for me to start. =) Thanks for publicizing it.

                Comment

                • StoicRoivaS
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 548

                  #38
                  Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                  Originally posted by argo15
                  Making this forum public has brought attention to me. Looks like a fun new game for me to start. =) Thanks for publicizing it.
                  Feel free to drag any friends you think would be interested over here. We're always looking for new players to spice things up. Also, if you have any questions about the game or anything, feel free to aim me @ StoicRoivaS. I promise I'm a lot more approachable than the topics of discussion of late would lead one to believe.
                  Like the moon over
                  the day, my genius and brawn are
                  wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                  -Bowser

                  Comment

                  • JurseyRider734
                    lil j the bad b-word
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 7507

                    #39
                    Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                    And I thought the players in TWG were bad. Now I'm definitely not going to be playing just by looking at what was dragged in via this board going public.

                    Plus the Fojarfish game was a failure. ****
                    Originally posted by Arch0wl
                    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                    Comment

                    • StoicRoivaS
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2006
                      • 548

                      #40
                      Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                      Originally posted by JurseyRider734
                      And I thought the players in TWG were bad. Now I'm definitely not going to be playing just by looking at what was dragged in via this board going public.

                      Plus the Fojarfish game was a failure. ****
                      Is this even based on any small segment of reality at all? Argo is the only person "dragged in" that I've noticed and I don't see anything by him that merits such contempt. Way to fuel the fire and perpetually prove every word I ever speak.
                      Like the moon over
                      the day, my genius and brawn are
                      wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                      -Bowser

                      Comment

                      Working...