Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • X3R0H0UR
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2007
    • 540

    #16
    Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

    personally I hate it when the admins stack CT. I mean, most maps are already CT biased anyway. Thats the reason why I hate playing on public clan servers :-/
    Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

    Comment

    • Yesssss
      FFR Player
      • Jul 2005
      • 2522

      #17
      Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

      TWG is a critical thinking forum game. I say we should move it to CT so we can get less people just wanting to play a forum game and more people wanting to critically think.
      YOU JUST WON THE GAME! CONGRATULATIONS!

      Comment

      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 1206

        #18
        Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

        Originally posted by X3R0H0UR
        personally I hate it when the admins stack CT. I mean, most maps are already CT biased anyway. Thats the reason why I hate playing on public clan servers :-/
        i c wut u did thar


        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

        Comment

        • Kilgamayan
          Super Scooter Happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2003
          • 6583

          #19
          Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

          I agree with every suggestion that gives the TWC more power.
          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

          Comment

          • StoicRoivaS
            FFR Player
            • May 2006
            • 548

            #20
            Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

            Originally posted by Kilgamayan
            I agree with every suggestion that gives the TWC more power.
            Then maybe you would have, you know, not turned it down so long ago?

            Public: sure.

            Move to CT: absolutely.

            Stupidity level increase expected: can you get bigger than infinity?

            Also, TWC pretty much are mods, roughly, but the main problem being only kilga still plays, and every time it's been brought up that we update, people cry about "you're just doing it to have more 'power' (power over twg forum AWESOME!) and they say we don't need it. But every time something happens and no one is around to make an executive decision, we cry for a new TWC again and the cycle repeats. I hardly care at this point. I don't think there are enough competent active people to fill 5 spots anyways. So I'd rather have tass show up once every other month for the lolz and to have him tell me shash and fish still play regularly and that they can take care of anything that needs to be done.
            Like the moon over
            the day, my genius and brawn are
            wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
            -Bowser

            Comment

            • Kilgamayan
              Super Scooter Happy
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2003
              • 6583

              #21
              Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

              What did I turn down?
              I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

              Comment

              • StoicRoivaS
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 548

                #22
                Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                Maybe I'm completely mistaken, but at one point you either quit being a mod, or rejected an offer to become one, or something very similar.
                Like the moon over
                the day, my genius and brawn are
                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                -Bowser

                Comment

                • alainbryden
                  Seen your member
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 2873

                  #23
                  Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                  Oh guys, it's not your beef. Let the mods try what they think is best. Let them deal with the issues that arrive. If you find they can't manage the new arrangement and you're suffering for it, then you can start complaining.
                  ~NEIGH

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #24
                    Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                    everything Kilga said is 100% truth.

                    Originally posted by Quote of the century
                    We're going to get a bunch of noobs and new topics, but I see this is a good change, OVERALL.
                    why do you think the people who were actually good at this game stopped playing in the first place? TWG went to jTWG... i don't even want to think of what jTWG became... and now, well, I don't think it can really get diluted anymore.

                    The general consensus of the staff is basically what I said, perhaps said a bit nicer... but basically, we didn't see the need to keep TWG private anymore, because the level of the games are not nearly what they once were.

                    Maybe this will open things up and make it better.



                    As far as moving it to a subforum of CT. Maybe. Lets see how it plays out here for a few games, and then it can be re-evaluated.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #25
                      Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                      Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                      everything Kilga said is 100% truth.


                      why do you think the people who were actually good at this game stopped playing in the first place? TWG went to jTWG... i don't even want to think of what jTWG became... and now, well, I don't think it can really get diluted anymore.

                      The general consensus of the staff is basically what I said, perhaps said a bit nicer... but basically, we didn't see the need to keep TWG private anymore, because the level of the games are not nearly what they once were.

                      Maybe this will open things up and make it better.



                      As far as moving it to a subforum of CT. Maybe. Lets see how it plays out here for a few games, and then it can be re-evaluated.
                      Oh my god, Tass. *orgasm* Please stay and grace us with your presence. Please. I miss you.

                      Edit: You're so amazing.
                      Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 08-23-2007, 07:07 PM.


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • StoicRoivaS
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 548

                        #26
                        Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                        everything Kilga said is 100% truth.

                        Originally posted by Quote of the century
                        We're going to get a bunch of noobs and new topics, but I see this is a good change, OVERALL.
                        Also, this part where you make it seem like kilga has touted this quote and anything else relevant in this thread is pretty much false, that was DBP.

                        Be please, keep visiting.
                        Like the moon over
                        the day, my genius and brawn are
                        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                        -Bowser

                        Comment

                        • sertman
                          DADALADAH
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3910

                          #27
                          Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                          The general consensus of the staff is basically what I said, perhaps said a bit nicer... but basically, we didn't see the need to keep TWG private anymore, because the level of the games are not nearly what they once were.
                          so lets make it worse! yeah!

                          As far as moving it to a subforum of CT. Maybe. Lets see how it plays out here for a few games, and then it can be re-evaluated.
                          again, lets make it worse! listen if you're looking to improve the quality of the game you don't move it to the most ignorant forum on the boards.

                          Comment

                          • Kilgamayan
                            Super Scooter Happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 6583

                            #28
                            Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                            Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
                            Maybe I'm completely mistaken, but at one point you either quit being a mod, or rejected an offer to become one, or something very similar.
                            I "account suicided", except instead of saccing my account I only sacced my mod status.

                            Ironically, it was over TWG.

                            If it were up to me right now I'd give myself a spot back, but I don't care about it enough to ask. I'm not really here enough anymore to merit it anyway.

                            EDIT: That and, given what happened, if Synth feels I don't deserve another shot I understand where he's coming from.
                            Last edited by Kilgamayan; 08-24-2007, 12:56 AM.
                            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                            Comment

                            • StoicRoivaS
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2006
                              • 548

                              #29
                              Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                              Yeah, so, you were playing dumb for a reason....?

                              Highly irrelevant either way, so don't bother answering. It's pretty much been proven repeatedly that when there's a problem, the parties responsible will meet chance after chance with zero consequence and the 'powers that be' are here to do nothing more than carry that status with heads held high. I should be done here, but I know someone will say something else that merrits a response.

                              Also, sertman gets another point, if I were still keeping track. That's 3, sert.
                              Like the moon over
                              the day, my genius and brawn are
                              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                              -Bowser

                              Comment

                              • bluguerrilla
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 3966

                                #30
                                Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

                                If mods/admins play this game seriously do you really think they're going to let random idiots spam and contribute nonsense?

                                Comment

                                Working...