TWG XXXIX Host Signups

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wilkin
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2005
    • 1800

    #16
    Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

    WHOOPS SORRY TALIS.

    Anywho, so far we're looking at the Classic game, with some of the choices being:

    Talisman

    TWG 19 - 1 seer, 1 guardian, 3 wolves, 11 humans (Cardflipping)
    TWG 31 - 1 seer, 1 guardian, 3 wolves, 1 vampire, 1 Judas, 1 Saulus. Roles and rules descriptions found in game.

    Afro

    TWG 26 - 1 guardian, 2 wolves, 11 humans

    Hans

    TWG 13 - 1 seer, 1 guardian, 3 wolves, 11 humans

    Kilga

    TWG 13 - 1 seer, 1 guardian, 3 wolves, 11 humans
    TWG 17 - 1 seer, 1 guardian, 1 psychic, 1 Voyeur, 4 wolves, 8 humans. See here for seer, voyeur, and wolf rules.
    TWG 25 - 1 wolf, 13 humans
    TWG 27 - 1 seer, 1 wolfsbane, 3 wolves, 9 humans

    Jurs

    TWG 13 (Honorable Mention) - 1 seer, 1 guardian, 3 wolves, 11 humans
    TWG 21 - 1 guardian, 1 psychic, 1 bookie, 1 morph, 4 wolves, 10 humans. Morph role explained here.

    As for picking them, we could just choose from a long list of people's choices, or after we get some more, narrow them down to some repeats, and vote off of those.

    In reference to the cloning game: In the 18-person setup, one of the clones becoming a wolf might not make things too unbalanced, considering it would increase the possiblity of wolfing a fellow wolf. They'd be on the team of the wolf they cloned. In the 16-person setup, assuming there'd only be one clone, then the chance of them cloning a wolf would only be around 20%, which isn't enough to worry too much. Though with the split blue powers, if it did become an issue I could limit the clones to copying blue powers only in that setup.
    Last edited by Wilkin; 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM.
    l
    WWii║iiiiiiii▫
    ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
    ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




    OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

    Comment

    • iggymatrixcounter
      FFR Veteran
      • Nov 2003
      • 1924

      #17
      Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

      Afro's and hans games are so similar, they only differ by a seer.

      I liked talisman's only because I was the SK that game, but I wouldn't mind playing that one again. (So as long as I don't get sucker punched again XD)
      lastfm
      PANDORA

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #18
        Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

        Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
        Afro's and hans games are so similar, they only differ by a seer.
        His had a seer. Mine did not. His had three wolves. Mine had two.

        TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

        By the way, I left out the seer on purpose. Any game with both a seer and a guardian is weighted so heavily in favor of the humans. Notice: I also did it where if there was a successful guard, it wasn't posted who had been attacked to avoid 100% humanity in any instance. I hate games that are just based on "oh they were guarded so they're human" or "oh they were seerd so they're human". This game is supposed to be about deduction through social interaction. Let's try to keep it that way, ok?

        Anyway, all of those games look ok I guess, but
        TWG 27 - 1 seer, 1 wolfsbane, 3 wolves, 9 humans
        looks to be the best. If I would change one thing about that, I would add card flipping to account for the fact that an alliance would be difficult. Wait. There is a MW in that game, right?

        Comment

        • Wilkin
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2005
          • 1800

          #19
          Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

          Yeah, there was a MW.
          l
          WWii║iiiiiiii▫
          ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
          ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




          OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

          Comment

          • JurseyRider734
            lil j the bad b-word
            • Aug 2003
            • 7507

            #20
            Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

            I really liked TWG 21 and I would have liked 13 if I didn't hate alain and Hans at that time and actually lived. The setup was good, though.
            Originally posted by Arch0wl
            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

            Comment

            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2005
              • 1206

              #21
              Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

              Wilkin Classic if it even needs to be said.

              I've not much experience with ffr twg so I can't really say what would be a good choice, but I totally agree with afro. We need a game without 'he's human for sure' and whatever.


              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

              Comment

              • ImEric12
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2004
                • 1952

                #22
                Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

                I'd come back and play a game for classic

                Comment

                • Kilgamayan
                  Super Scooter Happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 6583

                  #23
                  Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

                  Haha I just read back through 33 and I agree with the idea of bringing it back because it had the best super-duper ending to any TWG ever
                  I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                  Comment

                  • Wilkin
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 1800

                    #24
                    Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

                    I read through the postgame for 33 (LOLOLOL NO ROLE LISTS) and said to myself "wtf good thing I missed the signups for this one"

                    o btw the wolves won the last seven games straight
                    l
                    WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                    ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                    ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                    OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                    Comment

                    • iggymatrixcounter
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 1924

                      #25
                      Re: TWG XXXIX Host Signups

                      All because of human mistakes (And I can take direct responsibility for like 3 of them: 1) when i insta'd myself over fish 2)not catching hans 3) revealing info to disco and not following up on it XD nice huh?)

                      Course I directly won a game as a wolf (kind of) and as a human leader in that set.

                      Oh btw, try to get player signups going thurs too, even if the exact game isn't decided on, people aren't going to be picky I don't think. (As long as it's a classic game and not mystery ones)
                      lastfm
                      PANDORA

                      Comment

                      Working...