ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • devonin
    Very Grave Indeed
    Community Manager
    Event Staff
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Apr 2004
    • 10120

    #46
    Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    This is why my past attempts failed basically. I promised sunfan in the past that I would try to parse the game records and do the statistics entirely computationally. But there were too many edge cases in game design, as well as missing data from the history thread (I relied on BBCode color tags for alignment, for example, but this was unreliable because of ill-structured data)

    To be clear, my suggestion is that I would manually tidy and collect the data and fit them to a specific schema, which then serves as a structured database which makes computational analysis easier
    Once I've passed through it all to do the player win/loss stats page, it would be easy to give you TWG local mod for the purpose of editing the threads in the archive to bring everything into line in terms of tagging and so on to make it easier to parse.

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #47
      Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

      Originally posted by devonin
      Once I've passed through it all to do the player win/loss stats page, it would be easy to give you TWG local mod for the purpose of editing the threads in the archive to bring everything into line in terms of tagging and so on to make it easier to parse.
      The tidying doesn't have to be in-place, I was imagining just performing transcription on a text document or something. And then operating on the local transcription to produce database records.

      Not that I'd ever pass up the chance to be a local mod fumu


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • devonin
        Very Grave Indeed
        Community Manager
        Event Staff
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Apr 2004
        • 10120

        #48
        Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

        Between Game 161 and now there've been ~81 unique players (I assume several names are just weird other accounts of other people somebody will have to go clarify for me who they are)

        Of the players who have 10+ games in that span, the top player so far is inDheart with a 71.43% winrate in 14 games. And the bottom player so far is wayward_vagabond with an 18.18% winrate in 11 games.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #49
          Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          This is why my past attempts failed basically. I promised sunfan in the past that I would try to parse the game records and do the statistics entirely computationally. But there were too many edge cases in game design, as well as missing data from the history thread (I relied on BBCode color tags for alignment, for example, but this was unreliable because of ill-structured data)

          To be clear, my suggestion is that I would manually tidy and collect the data and fit them to a specific schema, which then serves as a structured database which makes computational analysis easier

          EDIT: MafiaUniverse has a fairly robust stats system built into the forum. This isn't possible for us, obviously, but I would like to see their schemas to inform a schema that we could adapt/steal for our own use on FFR
          Talk to AA about that, he used to/does some stats stuff for MU
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • devonin
            Very Grave Indeed
            Community Manager
            Event Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Apr 2004
            • 10120

            #50
            Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

            The best part of parsing the results is when the archive has results like this:
            1 - DaBack of Packs - VT
            2 - Red Blastoise - VT
            3 - rzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzr - Wolf
            4 - storn420 - Tracker/Vigilante
            5 - Tokzic ayy - VT
            6 - Plopadop - VT
            7 - just a box that is round - Hider
            8 - Clownpiece heidy - VT
            9 - XelNya the gif lord - VT
            10 - thesunfan of flags - Detective
            11 - THE Charu - Wolf
            12 - YoshL - VT
            13 - 27ninjabunnies the lone bunny - Wolf
            I have no idea who "Clownpiece heidy" and "27ninjabunnies the lone bunny" are.
            Last edited by devonin; 08-24-2019, 11:44 PM.

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5403

              #51
              Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

              I love how in that game Yosh just gets to be himself lol

              Edit: for what it's worth I have never used another account/name for TWG, so nothing in question is me.
              Last edited by MixMasterLar; 08-25-2019, 02:42 AM.
              ​

              Comment

              • flashflash account
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2017
                • 567

                #52
                Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

                Clownpiece heidy is probably clownpiece aka dude
                aka mikey

                -----

                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                Originally posted by QueenAshy
                I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #53
                  Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

                  similarly, 27ninjabunnies is 27ninjabunnies

                  makaze is the person to ask about the schema

                  Comment

                  • devonin
                    Very Grave Indeed
                    Community Manager
                    Event Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 10120

                    #54
                    Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

                    Originally posted by flashflash account
                    Clownpiece heidy is probably clownpiece aka dude
                    "clownpiece aka dude" that still doesn't actually tell me much of anything.

                    Also: For weird non-standard games (Like CXIII: Capture, where everybody was on 2-person teams with no real factions) should those get logged as 3p or town do you think? I assume 3p.

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #55
                      Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

                      user Clownpiece here is someone that he also knows as Dude from other venues

                      Comment

                      • storn42
                        RIP Storn D0-D0
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 3474

                        #56
                        Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        I love how in that game Yosh just gets to be himself lol

                        Edit: for what it's worth I have never used another account/name for TWG, so nothing in question is me.
                        Im happy nobody will know its me when i go on my alt Storn43.


                        Originally posted by Xiz
                        "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


                        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


                        Comment

                        • MixMasterLar
                          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 5403

                          #57
                          Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

                          Originally posted by storn42
                          Im happy nobody will know its me when i go on my alt Storn43.
                          "StirGuruLar"
                          ​

                          Comment

                          Working...