jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gun92
    The Paragon of Perfection
    • Aug 2006
    • 4826

    #16
    Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

    I'm glad someone aside from manti and jrodd knew what I was doing. Thank you netjet.

    Comment

    • rzr
      TWG Veteran
      • Oct 2007
      • 7608

      #17
      gg, I knew bynary was a wolf when he attacked gun so adamantly, at one point I had suspicions on netjet but well played gents, look forward to the next one


      Posted from Flashflashrevolution.com App for Android

      Originally posted by darkshark
      Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
      Originally posted by aperson
      i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

      Originally posted by Sprite-
      More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
      yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

      i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

      Comment

      • One Winged Angel
        Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2007
        • 10837

        #18
        Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

        @Gun, I agree that the usefulness of blues exponentially decreases as the game goes on, so revealing their names didn't really do that much harm. Let's just say...I didn't like the humans' chances of winning the game given how easily influenced some players are by others lol. I don't want to sound too mean to anyone here or anything, but James ultimately lost it for the team. Probably should've done some more one on one talking with him first before going public, and asked him and Sage if it was alright if you exposed them as blues, just as a courtesy. Rzr would've been on board more than likely and you guys could've clinched it. Then again, what do I know, I haven't even played a game yet lol (but I've lurked the past few and have a general idea of everyone's playing styles and who the stronger players are)

        @Bynary, nothing early on confirmed it (obviously), it was just little things at first, like your word choice (I won't go into detail because I don't feel like multi-quoting a shitload of posts that only intuitively made me believe you were a wolf). Early on it was your posting style and the way through which you aggressively overdefended your position as a human in the early game. Also being the first to rally behind James' 'LB is a wolf' campaign increased my suspicions, though not by much since that was going to get him lynched regardless of what you did. Honestly, a lot of it was purely word choice/diction and the way in which you presented hypothetical wolf scenarios...I just wasn't buying it, but unfortunately that can only be chalked up to intuition again. By N4 it was confirmed through process of elimination, but luckily you were able to twist Gun's argument into getting him lynched instead during the following phase, so kudos.

        I suppose that ultimately I just saw you as the type of person who would be playing a very different type of game had you actually been human.

        Again, onlooker, not a player, so feel free to take what I said with a grain of salt.


        Originally posted by ilikexd
        i want to be cucked by cirno

        Comment

        • Bynary Fission
          Retired One-Hander
          • Jan 2008
          • 2437

          #19
          Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

          Originally posted by One Winged Angel

          @Bynary, nothing early on confirmed it (obviously), it was just little things at first, like your word choice (I won't go into detail because I don't feel like multi-quoting a shitload of posts that only intuitively made me believe you were a wolf). Early on it was your posting style and the way through which you aggressively overdefended your position as a human in the early game. Also being the first to rally behind James' 'LB is a wolf' campaign increased my suspicions, though not by much since that was going to get him lynched regardless of what you did. Honestly, a lot of it was purely word choice/diction and the way in which you presented hypothetical wolf scenarios...I just wasn't buying it, but unfortunately that can only be chalked up to intuition again. By N4 it was confirmed through process of elimination, but luckily you were able to twist Gun's argument into getting him lynched instead during the following phase, so kudos.

          I suppose that ultimately I just saw you as the type of person who would be playing a very different type of game had you actually been human.

          Again, onlooker, not a player, so feel free to take what I said with a grain of salt.
          Fair enough - thanks for giving me your own thoughts on it. Looking back I did overreact a bit, though I think that's due more to inexperience on my part, since I would probably have reacted the same way had I been human.

          By the way, why don't you join the next game when signups begin? Quit being an onlooker and actually get into the game! I think it's a ton of fun, and I'm sure you would too.
          Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

          https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

          Comment

          • Krauthammer
            FFR Player
            • May 2012
            • 362

            #20
            Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

            Originally posted by Netjet!

            Kraut: I absolutely loved this OP, it makes so much sense now what the song means. Awesome story development, and very good job hosting the game.
            Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing the story. I had planned it since the beginning, I even had an outline of what would happen if the humans won.

            Comment

            • Gun92
              The Paragon of Perfection
              • Aug 2006
              • 4826

              #21
              Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

              Ok, I'm going to do my best to explain what I did and why just so I can clear everything up for those that are against what I did.

              First to understand what I did, you have to understand what I knew. I knew and accepted this for fact.

              We have 6 players alive.

              James has come to me and told me he and sage are blues. I accept this as fact because I have no reason not to.

              Rzr is green. I knew this because of what danceguy tried to pull. I think at some point James was weary if rzr because he thought he might be red. I attempted to convince him otherwise, poorly I'm sure. There is absolutely NO way in hell two wolves would ever go in on an idea like that. There is no reason to sacrifice 1/3rd of your team for no gain.

              I am green. Obviously I knew that. I don't think at any point in this game I did anything that would have been considered wolf like to that point in the game. If I did, do tell me because I would like to learn what to avoid.

              Now logically this left the 2 reds, which when James came out to me told me that we had 2 reds left alive.

              Simple process of elimination left the wolves to be bynary and netjet.

              Those are all the things I considered to be true and fact.

              Now, the post that I revealed out blues in.

              The sole purpose of that post was to get reactions from bynary or netjet in an attempt to solidify my assumptions on roles. Sure it was full of holes, the bulk of it served no purpose to me. What I wanted to find out was when you were faced with that kind of info, how would you react? If you think about it from any other persons stand point, process of elemination should have told you something. Which means bynary and netjet should have assumed I was callin them wolves.

              What are you going to do then? Bynary knew everything I knew thanks to James. If he wanted to convince me otherwise that he was not a wolf, he would have done something dramatic like counterclaim a blue, or attempt to switch blame to me or rzr. He reacted like most people do when someone does something "stupid" like reveal roles. He took all of my post, broke down everything and had something to say about it all. I think you went a little overboard but that is me. I think when people go that hard, they are hiding something, again, maybe just me.

              With how he reacted and netjet not saying anything, I had all the proof I needed. Yes, it's been pointed out I didn't do a fantastic job of tryin to convice anyone of shit. That's fine, lets stop beating the dead horse. I gave James the facts. I told him to sit there and think about it and he would see what I was telling him to be the truth. The problem with that is bynary made such a huge deal about telling the thread who the blues were and I'm guessing James lapped that up.

              Here is why your roles were irrelevant at that point in the game and beyond.

              If you had sat there and thought about what I told you, you would know that the seer role meant nothing at that point in the game. Yes, he seered netjet, but with process of elimination and logic, you could have already known that, meaning sage had technically just became a regular human. James, being the coroner would know who people were after they died, awesome power. Follow the same train of logic with sage and you find that your power no longer meant anything. You also became a regular human.

              People were too caught up in the fact that "blue" had been putted when in reality, everyone should have known what everyone was at that point. Roles did not matter. It was 4 humans against 2 wolves. Don't get me wrong, your powers were needed for a majority of the game, but at a point, they become moot.

              Vote rushing. Awesome tactic, worked like a charm. I get it when going for a wolf, but vote rushing that late in the game, where one wrong step means game over and you are uncertain as to what someone's role is? Not good. James, you were the swing vote. That is why sage died and not you. In my opinion, your role was more valuable to us at that point in the game then sages. They killed sage because bynary knew he could get you to vote with him and quick. Gotta take time to think things through. Didn't even try to contact me to ask me anything. Had you not rushed with them, voting would have been even with me and rzr voting for the same person and bynary and netjet voting me. You were the swing with a quick trigger finger.

              Hopefully that clears things up for some of you. Good job to the wolves. It was our game to loose and you capitalized brilliantly.

              Comment

              • Netjet!
                Sic itur ad astra
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2008
                • 4701

                #22
                Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                On the part about sage, there's no way we wolfed him before James because his role was unimportant. We were scared because we knew that Sage was going to seer one of us, so we had to kill him to ensure whatever chance we had that you didnt know our roles was still there. James was supposed to die next, but then your posts changed the direction and allowed us an easier win.

                And no, bynary would have voted me in the event that we didnt have a "swing vote" (James in this case), solidifying his human role to you guys. Then he would go for the win.
                RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                Comment

                • Bynary Fission
                  Retired One-Hander
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 2437

                  #23
                  Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                  Originally posted by Netjet!
                  On the part about sage, there's no way we wolfed him before James because his role was unimportant. We were scared because we knew that Sage was going to seer one of us, so we had to kill him to ensure whatever chance we had that you didnt know our roles was still there. James was supposed to die next, but then your posts changed the direction and allowed us an easier win.

                  And no, bynary would have voted me in the event that we didnt have a "swing vote" (James in this case), solidifying his human role to you guys. Then he would go for the win.
                  ^ This - especially the part about voting to lynch NetJet. He and me agreed that if it came down to it, I was to vote to lynch him in order to boost my credibility as a human...of course, this was before Gun's posts, so yeah.

                  By the way, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from Manti yet.
                  Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

                  https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #24
                    Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                    Only a few things from me about this game.

                    1. Missed seerings on n1 and n2 by me and Sage were a big reason for this loss. I completely forgot I had a nighttime obligation to seer.

                    2. James, as a blue you shouldn't have outed Sage to anyone. Not Bynary, not Gun. nobody save you should have known he was a blue. The additional seering (which would have been on Gun/Bynary) probably would have won the game.

                    3. Netjet was a fairly obvious wolf, had I not have been seered N1 I likely would not have died N2. Netjet was my Seeree N2, but I never told James I was suspicous of Netjet. My mistake there. L-L-Lucky. I should have went forward with my plan of coming out as the coroner.

                    4. Gun, we talked about this already, so this isn't really directed at you. It's directed at the other players. Humans, you really have to know where you're at in the game.

                    Night 4, two wolvesleft:
                    If Gun was a wolf, he would not have spilled his guts in the thread during the night phase. He would have held the information, wolved sage and gone "DAMN THOSE LUCKY WOLVES" to your faces. Then he would have sat back, waited for one misplaced vote to jump on and won it.

                    Stop playing TWG with your hearts on your sleeve, and it'll be a lot more difficult for wolves like Bynary to abuse you. James, you saw Gun post in the thread and you felt betrayed, got mad, let bynary fuel that anger and never thought once about Gun's words.

                    Thats a huge mistake I hope you learn from.
                    Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM.
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • Netjet!
                      Sic itur ad astra
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 4701

                      #25
                      Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                      3. Netjet was a fairly obvious wolf, had I not have been seered N1 I likely would not have died N2. Netjet was my Seeree N2, but I never told James I was suspicous of Netjet. My mistake there. L-L-Lucky. I should have went forward with my plan of coming out as the coroner.
                      I'll be honest that I had almost no time to play the game because of school, and I agree with you. I felt that I was going to be targeted as a wolf, easily.
                      RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                      Comment

                      • Gun92
                        The Paragon of Perfection
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 4826

                        #26
                        Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                        Ha ha. Manti posts and everyone clams up. Awesome

                        Comment

                        • James May
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 3817

                          #27
                          Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                          Only a few things from me about this game.

                          1. Missed seerings on n1 and n2 by me and Sage were a big reason for this loss. I completely forgot I had a nighttime obligation to seer.

                          2. James, as a blue you shouldn't have outed Sage to anyone. Not Bynary, not Gun. nobody save you should have known he was a blue. The additional seering (which would have been on Gun/Bynary) probably would have won the game.

                          3. Netjet was a fairly obvious wolf, had I not have been seered N1 I likely would not have died N2. Netjet was my Seeree N2, but I never told James I was suspicous of Netjet. My mistake there. L-L-Lucky. I should have went forward with my plan of coming out as the coroner.

                          4. Gun, we talked about this already, so this isn't really directed at you. It's directed at the other players. Humans, you really have to know where you're at in the game.

                          Night 4, two wolvesleft:
                          If Gun was a wolf, he would not have spilled his guts in the thread during the night phase. He would have held the information, wolved sage and gone "DAMN THOSE LUCKY WOLVES" to your faces. Then he would have sat back, waited for one misplaced vote to jump on and won it.

                          Stop playing TWG with your hearts on your sleeve, and it'll be a lot more difficult for wolves like Bynary to abuse you. James, you saw Gun post in the thread and you felt betrayed, got mad, let bynary fuel that anger and never thought once about Gun's words.

                          Thats a huge mistake I hope you learn from.
                          Tis true. I did feel betrayed. And it was my fault that I let that anger take the choice instead of being rational. I let that anger manipulate me. Oh well, the next time I play, I won't let the same mistake happen twice.

                          Either way, great game everyone.

                          And in the end, I realized that I did screw sage over by outing him, I should've been pissed off at myself instead of gun because of the fact that I had told Gun that Sage was seer.
                          Last edited by James May; 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM.
                          bananas


                          Comment

                          • Netjet!
                            Sic itur ad astra
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 4701

                            #28
                            Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                            Originally posted by Gun92
                            Ha ha. Manti posts and everyone clams up. Awesome
                            ??
                            RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #29
                              Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                              I finally read the story from front to back just now. Very cool idea to pull song lyrics and build a story, Kraut. The imagery was great, and the ending really tied everything together. Thanks for hosting!

                              Good game, everyone! The level of activity from most players seemed to be quite high. There were thoughtful posts from every player.

                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              Stop playing TWG with your hearts on your sleeve
                              This. Regardless of your role, you should never allow emotions to cloud your judgment. TWG entails a ton of person-to-person interaction, so emotions will naturally arise. Take a step back, cool off, and then make calculated decisions.

                              Originally posted by Bynary Fission
                              Oh, and that post about my saying that "Manti contacted him"? Total bullshit. I said that little lie knowing it was convincing enough to be believed, but easy enough to explain away once Little Bear was found to be a human. (James indeed asked me this later on AIM, I told him it was a misinterpretation of his earlier posts).
                              Wow, that's a bold move. It was cool to see you pick a strategy and stick to your guns all game. Well played. You too, netjet.


                              Rundown of my in-game actions:

                              1) I planned not to send any night PMs unless I had exclusive info on blues. The other wolf pair would have lower odds of hitting me than me hitting them, and they would be able to coordinate kill/wolf-seer picks.

                              2) I faked seer to Manti. That's not very indicative of how I would normally play, but I found the circumstances to be dire. If the blues convene and the wolves don't kill a seer n1 or n2, the game is all but over (although that's assuming the seers send their PMs ). Tough luck with Sage looking at James. I don't regret my decision to fake at all, but maybe I could have put up a better fight.


                              I read the entire game, but I've only skimmed the postgame comments thus far. I'll probably have more to say pretty soon. Again, good game, all.

                              Comment

                              • Bynary Fission
                                Retired One-Hander
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 2437

                                #30
                                Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

                                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                                Rundown of my in-game actions:

                                1) I planned not to send any night PMs unless I had exclusive info on blues. The other wolf pair would have lower odds of hitting me than me hitting them, and they would be able to coordinate kill/wolf-seer picks.
                                Aha - I suspected something like this was the case when the guy me and Netjet picked to die Night 1 (cedolad) ended up actually dying. That, or you also picked him to die, which was something I considered unlikely. It's actually a good thing that you died so early - had you stayed in the game longer not only would you have run a major risk of killing us, but we likely would not have found you out in time to form an alliance, especially given how long Sage stayed in the game.


                                And yeah, it seems the seers repeatedly dropped the ball on their duties - Manti not requesting a seer on Night 1, and Sage not requesting a seer on Night 2. Had their picks (NetJet, Viccica) been seered, the game would likely not have turned out the way it did. I was especially surprised to see Manti admit to having forgotten to seer somebody on Night 1 - that strikes me as a very amateurish move for such an experienced player.
                                Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

                                https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

                                Comment

                                Working...