jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #151
    Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

    Originally posted by yo man im awesome
    You mean to tell me you've never had a hunch where you were so sure that you couldn't be wrong? If you haven't, well, lucky you.
    Never said that lmfao. But who knows, maybe your hunch could be wrong. But, we'll save that for later.
    bananas


    Comment

    • lumphoboextreme
      FFR Veteran
      • Jan 2005
      • 8592

      #152
      Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

      James May

      have an explaination but if i'm right i get another one with it. almost sure about this since it's my first vote all game. xD

      Comment

      • Little Bear
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2013
        • 79

        #153
        Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

        I'll just like to say that humans don't generally justify themselves when they have 1 vote, wolves tend to do it all the time.

        Comment

        • j-rodd123
          End of the road
          • Oct 2006
          • 3692

          #154
          Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

          you (2) can say i'm a bad player all you want, but i'm not going to follow blindly for fear of derision, especially considering that the blues are killed off. this game could very easily get away from humans if we're too quick to follow based on some ill formed "logic" and you know that, you even said yourself that you have blood on your hands, which is mighty suspicious considering the way in which you laid out your info. I'm stupid for voting for you? you voted for netjet too bro, and as soon as I threw your name out for a reaction you jumped on me for bad play. well i didn't know it was wrong of me to go by my instincts, oh ho ho, and your response was enough to force me to keep my eye on you. you are a smart player, but youre laying it on pretty thick and it's making you look more suspicious than not this time around

          its like nobody can touch you because you know the right way to go, but we're really on an even playing field here. so yea im going to vote for who i think is most suspicious
          and that's you V

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          wow

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #155
            Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

            Originally posted by Viccica

            J-rodd may as well have a leash and Fiction/V fanboy shirt with the way he has been. He's literally been doing nothing but ego-stroking this whole game. Seriously dude, brown smudge, your nose.

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • Vendetta21
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Aug 2006
              • 2745

              #156
              Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              you (2) can say i'm a bad player all you want, but i'm not going to follow blindly for fear of derision, especially considering that the blues are killed off. this game could very easily get away from humans if we're too quick to follow based on some ill formed "logic" and you know that, you even said yourself that you have blood on your hands, which is mighty suspicious considering the way in which you laid out your info. I'm stupid for voting for you? you voted for netjet too bro, and as soon as I threw your name out for a reaction you jumped on me for bad play. well i didn't know it was wrong of me to go by my instincts, oh ho ho, and your response was enough to force me to keep my eye on you. you are a smart player, but youre laying it on pretty thick and it's making you look more suspicious than not this time around

              its like nobody can touch you because you know the right way to go, but we're really on an even playing field here. so yea im going to vote for who i think is most suspicious
              and that's you V
              I didn't say you were stupid for voting for me, I said voting for me without giving a reason is terrible play. Especially when the game is about bringing new players in. Pressure voting is one thing but you've barely said anything in the thread, and then you place a vote on me in the vein of fiction. You give me the sense that you're trying to act like a much bigger dog than you are. And to be honest, there's literally a saying for the exact type of play you are engaging in on the big mafia website: "the [veteran] is always scum."

              What I am trying to bring forward is a way to narrow discussion, and I've done it using a method that we can be pretty sure will improve our chances of finding a wolf. The math here is balls simple. In order for netjet to die without a wolf and six humans on him is so statistically unlikely as to not be worth acknowledging. That would mean six ignorant humans converged on the same target in 12 hours that was also human. Jumping on a fast-moving wagon is an outrageously tempting decision for a wolf. We can look at all 9 players remaining and pretend we're Sherlock Forums Holmes, or we can stick with the evidence and know that we have a pretty good pool of 5 candidates there.

              And yeah I was on the netjet lynch, but also look at how I initiated it and it spiraled out of control very quickly. My argument against him wasn't that strong, it was just a "get-the-ball-moving" sort of thing. Remember that? When you were doing fuck-all? Netjet played terribly, died because of it, and that was a great opportunity for wolves to get in on an easy kill.

              Shift your attention to someone else for a second
              1. yo man hopped on at an opportunistic time. late, but not too late. he is also the only one out of the five who didn't come across to me as having anything particularly human about his behavior.
              2. After two pressure votes is now hemorrhaging weird shit. Just look at the stuff he's saying. Arguing over small details, basing his decisions he makes on an inarticulate hunch while giving grossly over-exaggerated percentages. He even said he was "excited to make a defense post"... what the fuck?

              P.S. better check yourself bro cuz you're not on my level

              Comment

              • j-rodd123
                End of the road
                • Oct 2006
                • 3692

                #157
                Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                ok, well my vote on you seems like my best bet due to the way your actions registered to me, being a veteran, your play is weirdly ostentatious and i'm not going to pull my vote because i haven't been able to talk to you.

                So consider this a safety vote rather than a huge deal, if pinning a wolf really is your goal then you should be able to pull through, cuz let me say this i don't want to follow you because i think you're a wolf.

                This was my last night to figure out my vote, i'm doing the best i can, so i'll just have to see what you guys pull through with tomorrow and about your point on the insta, my feelings are that there was a lot of conusion around that, more newbies as opposed to bandwagon.

                I think you're a wolf so I'm putting out a vote.

                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                wow

                Comment

                • Viccica
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 702

                  #158
                  Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                  Originally posted by lumphoboextreme
                  Wat.

                  don't start a bandwagon against me lol.
                  Dear sirs,
                  One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                  In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                  Sincerely,

                  Your Client
                  Eco Friendly
                  ♥~Chu

                  Comment

                  • emerald000
                    the Mathemagician~
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 1320

                    #159
                    Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                    Viccica

                    Just had a really interesting conversation with her: http://pastebin.com/2M3a0cXg

                    I gave her a log of a convo I had with lumph earlier that was stating he was thinking Vic and V were wolves together and that the vote at the start of the game was to distance themselves. She then went with 9 messages in a row explaining to me how that idea was ridiculous and silly. Once I point it out, she quickly tries to change the subject twice.

                    Another thing that bothers me is that she never tried to contact me this game. We were often throwing ideas together back in the days, but I never had a message from her. Neither did she ever asked for my opinion on anything. She simply stated her point and that's it. And it doesn't look like she asked anybody else either. That's like she doesn't need to know who are the wolves.

                    Comment

                    • emerald000
                      the Mathemagician~
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 1320

                      #160
                      Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                      Forgot the tally:

                      James May (3/5): yoman, Little Bear, lumph
                      yoman (2/5): James May, V
                      V (1/5): JRodd
                      lumph (1/5): Viccica
                      Viccica (1/5): emerald

                      null: Kraut

                      Comment

                      • lumphoboextreme
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 8592

                        #161
                        Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                        also i talk to i'd say more than half the players, i just never feel the need to make lengthy multi paragraph posts explaining my reasoning. i'd rather just do it over an aim message.

                        Comment

                        • Krauthammer
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2012
                          • 362

                          #162
                          Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                          Originally posted by emerald000
                          And it doesn't look like she asked anybody else either. That's like she doesn't need to know who are the wolves.
                          The truth is that on Night 2 (or so) she asked me my opinions, but not just any opinion. She wanted my opinion on every single player alive. I answered, half an hour writing words about players. Then I asked her opinion several times.

                          She never replied. I asked her another two times, after one hour. She didn't reply again.

                          To me it seemed like she was fishing for information and once got what she wanted then let me stand there, talking alone. Didn't even bother to give her own opinion, at least as some kind of exchange.

                          Comment

                          • Viccica
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 702

                            #163
                            Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                            As far as not asking your opinion Emerald, I was on my way to bed. And I didn't change the subject, I was referencing a previous part of the conversation. Further, with Lumpho on my suspect list and you seeming to be connected to him, I can't fully trust what you have to say.

                            Kraut I'm sorry for that also, I did kinda just bail but in my defense I have the attention span of a ferret and you take a long time to respond. As far as you asking after an hour, I was long since laying down in bed. But why would fishing for information ever be considered a bad thing? There's no seer, so I have no incentive other than gaining people's stances on things. Have you forgotten what game this is?
                            Dear sirs,
                            One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                            In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                            Sincerely,

                            Your Client
                            Eco Friendly
                            ♥~Chu

                            Comment

                            • Krauthammer
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2012
                              • 362

                              #164
                              Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                              Originally posted by Viccica
                              There's no seer, so I have no incentive other than gaining people's stances on things. Have you forgotten what game this is?
                              What I mean is that I felt that it was against the spirit of the best interests of the humans to not give anything in exchange of everything I said. It is giving and receiving, even if it is something small like a chatlog or something bigger.

                              I...take that kind of seriously. I understand that I spent a really long time talking, half an hour, but still, I had expected some retribution or at least some healthy discussion about my own opinions or your opinions. And well, when I ended having nothing...well, you can see what I think about that.

                              Comment

                              • Little Bear
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2013
                                • 79

                                #165
                                Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

                                I can't help but notice that after I voted for James, his posts have tripled their normal length..

                                Comment

                                Working...