What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Staiain
    Can't handle my ÆØÅ
    • Aug 2009
    • 4545

    #31
    Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

    Communtity, though I rarely play these days






    irc.rizon.net | #kbo - Come chat!BlueXoon is back
    SM Wiki My

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #32
      Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

      Random boredom/community. I don't play anymore, but it's fun to casually play something that you're really good at.

      There's a certain fun to be had in just dicking around and AAA'ing a file that would have been seen as beyond ridiculous 5-7 years ago.

      Comment

      • Arch0wl
        Banned
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 6344

        #33
        Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

        because the feeling of breaking through walls is still amazing.

        index isn't really satisfying anymore because I will never be as good as I was in 2005, and I never found spread that fun to play because although spread is clearly the superior style I think index out-funs it by a lot

        6key still satisfying is though, immensely. I still have a long way to go to be as good as someone like LongGone and I'm enjoying the journey.

        Comment

        • vro
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 378

          #34
          Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

          If I do play now, its basically just to pass the time, and I enjoy playing a game to music that I enjoy. As for FFR, I'd like to be in the top 1000 rank :P

          Comment

          • Ziergdsx18
            ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Nov 2007
            • 2800

            #35
            Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

            Originally posted by kommisar
            habit
            ^this, and to get ideas when stepping, though i rarely even play anymore and if i do only 6k


            | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

            Comment

            • Breakdown16
              FFR Veteran
              • Sep 2007
              • 1938

              #36
              Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

              @Arch0wl: Ha ha, that reminds me - I have a feeling that if I try a different music rhythm game, especially DJ Max Technika, O2Jam, Lunatic Rave, or jubeat, the satisfaction I'd get out of one game would be greater than the fun I'd have from Stepmania in a week. When I first tried solo, oh how much fun that was.


              Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
              Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD

              Comment

              • Arch0wl
                Banned
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 6344

                #37
                Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                The thing about SM is that it has limitless potential to morph into whatever I want it to be. if 6key ever bores me and SM SSC's KB7 doesn't suffice, I will simply make a new music game. Either 10-key, or Uber Index (7 keys in a W shape)

                Comment

                • BeatofIke
                  Forum User
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 268

                  #38
                  Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                  Stepping simfiles is what keeps me playing stepmania to this day. I almost quit this community due to "simfile elitism". For 2 years in trying to step the "technical way", I nether feel like I was even stepping the file nor I ever succeed in it. I glad that they are going back to community packs, this saved me from my years of simfile confusion and gave me confidence to step more simfiles to this day. I also hated the old FFR staff/ simfile judges (they were fuccen ******s/dicks/douche bags/whatever the hell you want to call them). Thinking that they are cool, because they have all the power and we don't. The FFR judges were just plain elitist. I like the new FFR staff/ simfile judges a lot better and I wanted to stay that way.

                  Comment

                  • sakura080789
                    Rapture Universe
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1751

                    #39
                    Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                    Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                    charting.
                    this. and just the whole community so far i pretty much love coming on here and talking to alot of people i can relate to and the music i really blame stepmania and music games for my music taste it change my whole world when it came to music. lets just say Stepmania/FFR keeps me going everyday i love you all <3 oh and p.s i will most likely never quit even when my age on my card says 40 i will still be smashing keys
                    Last edited by sakura080789; 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM.

                    Comment

                    • kommisar
                      Dark Chancellor
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 7328

                      #40
                      Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                      solo rulz

                      Comment

                      • i love you
                        Live a wonderful life~
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 7315

                        #41
                        Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                        Originally posted by Gundam-Dude
                        habit
                        community
                        charting
                        Pretty much this for me too
                        ===============================
                        The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                        ===============================

                        Comment

                        • Elite Ninja
                          Kawaii Desu
                          Event Staff
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 4828

                          #42
                          Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                          I only play it at school when I have nothing to do. It's fun to see peoples reactions XD. "Did you memorize the whole song?" would have to be the stupidest one I always hear lol.
                          Best AAA = Aballava(?) + Serious Shit (97)
                          Best SDG = Fushigi Usagi Milk Tei 8-0-0-3 (101)
                          Best Score = do i smile? 3-0-0-3 (100)

                          Comment

                          • Emithith
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 1784

                            #43
                            Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                            Originally posted by Elite Ninja
                            I only play it at school when I have nothing to do. It's fun to see peoples reactions XD. "Did you memorize the whole song?" would have to be the stupidest one I always hear lol.
                            They actually allow you to smash keys at your school? o_o; I tried that once and the teacher was like "STFU DAMMIT".

                            Comment

                            • BeatofIke
                              Forum User
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 268

                              #44
                              Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                              Originally posted by BeatofIke
                              Stepping simfiles is what keeps me playing stepmania to this day. I almost quit this community due to "simfile elitism". For 2 years in trying to step the "technical way", I nether feel like I was even stepping the file nor I ever succeed in it. I glad that they are going back to community packs, this saved me from my years of simfile confusion and gave me confidence to step more simfiles to this day. I also hated the old FFR staff/ simfile judges (they were fuccen ******s/dicks/douche bags/whatever the hell you want to call them). Thinking that they are cool, because they have all the power and we don't. The FFR judges were just plain elitist. I like the new FFR staff/ simfile judges a lot better and I wanted to stay that way.
                              I also like apples.

                              Comment

                              • sakura080789
                                Rapture Universe
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 1751

                                #45
                                Re: What is it that keeps you playing StepMania to this day?

                                Originally posted by BeatofIke
                                I also like apples.
                                ^^ this

                                Comment

                                Working...