Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sidek
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2010
    • 777

    #16
    Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

    Originally posted by Arch0wl
    I can understand the mixup but nah, I'm referring to an equivalent kind of kaiden ranking for Stepmania -- a set of songs you'd have to pass with a good score to be an elite player, basically

    about 4k people can do the IIDX kaiden course (I think -- don't quote me on this) and about 250-300 people can do the BMS kaiden course, and about 7 people can do the overjoy course (but about 3,000 people can do the equivalent of IIDX kaiden on BMS)

    so a kaiden course for sm would be similarly selective/elite
    ah i see thank you for your explanation now i don't have any questions.

    Bye.

    Comment

    • Ziemniax
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2014
      • 169

      #17
      Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

      Originally posted by EtienneSM
      The sprindex one would be considerably harder, given that sprindex requires much less effort in your forearms than index, making stamina way easier and since you're using more fingers you're able to tolerate higher BPM's. Currently coming up with a list now for Kaiden and Overjoy, hopefully it doesn't turn out too ridiculous lol.
      So my idea is that X tier on 4-sprindex equals X-1 tier on 3-sprindex equals X-2 tier on index. Going this way of thinking, if I'd pass tier 10 course with sprindex(or whatever the numeration would look like), I'd be rated tier 8.

      Does this make sense?

      Sprindex style player from Poland.
      My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChW...zwbcEXVdMocktg
      https://www.mediafire.com/?whqcjgmx129tme0 SPREAD THE INDEX OUT NOW

      I hate arguing about my playstyle.

      Comment

      • EzExZeRo7497
        ⠀
        • Dec 2010
        • 6858

        #18
        Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

        I made 4K Dan Courses for osu!mania some time ago.
        https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/304816

        Luminal = Kaiden, Tachyon = Overjoy. Most of these files are originally from SM, and they could be transferred to SM spread to begin with. Not quite happy with some songs though, and there's also the fact that it's way too easy, especially Luminal and Tachyon. But that could always be amended.

        I'm personally not very fond of using pass grades for spread dans, but that's a discussion for another time
        Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 06-2-2015, 10:58 AM.

        Comment

        • Guest15937
          One-handed elite
          • May 2008
          • 1464

          #19
          Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

          Didn't Stepocalypse sort of do something like this with its tiers?

          At least it might be a good starting point for making a list like this
          The renegade has betrayed me.

          Comment

          • leonid
            I am leonid
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Oct 2008
            • 8080

            #20
            Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

            Aren't there like only 20 people playing stepmania competitively now, and they all would qualify to be kaiden anyway
            Last edited by leonid; 06-2-2015, 12:23 PM.



            Proud member of Team No

            Comment

            • EtienneSM
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2013
              • 1724

              #21
              Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

              Sadly, yeah. But Overjoy would at least be a challenge for everyone. Kaiden probably just needs to be harder imo.
              Quality quotes:

              Originally posted by KgZ
              enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
              Originally posted by Izzy
              I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
              Originally posted by kommisar
              nps is still a better idea for ratings
              Originally posted by klimtkiller
              there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
              Originally posted by Rapta
              My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.

              Comment

              • Izzy
                Snek
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2003
                • 9195

                #22
                Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

                I was considering getting back into index for real and trying to push my previous limits from 2006ish, but I don't really think I want to ruin my hands anymore than they already are. At least index is mostly in your arm and now your wrist or fingers.

                I just got rid of my mechanical keyboard too...

                Comment

                • MinaciousGrace
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 4278

                  #23
                  Re: Let's make Spread Kaiden and Index Kaiden tiers

                  Originally posted by leonid
                  Aren't there like only 0 people playing stepmania competitively now
                  ftfy

                  Comment

                  Working...