Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC_Halogen
    Rhythm game specialist.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2008
    • 19376

    #46
    Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

    Originally posted by iamDMAS
    ~~~~~~~~~~WARNING TO ALL WHO MAKE ME MAD~~~~~~~~~~
    BREAKING POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    IM CLOSING THIS THREAD AND REGARDLESS DDR STILL WINS REGARDLESS THE SCORE! YOU CALL ME BIASED JUST TO BE MEAN AND AFTER A WHILE YOU'RE STILL MEAN AFTER MY ENCOURAGEMENT! NOW BE HAPPY I'VE HAD TOLERANCE, AND WAY TOO MUCH. YOU BLASTED CRITICS! D<

    ...i just wanted a small debate...
    ...and you crush it.
    EDIT: ...and i just noticed you can't close even your own threads.

    ...imagine several critics and these forums suck.
    Very nice of you to get angry after a few people who disagreed with you gave concrete, non-opinionated details about both games, and seeing as how I disproved each and everything about DDR that you have said, you get angry and say that we are mean. I'll have you know that I'm a nice person and I'm somewhat offended by this.

    In all seriousness though, if you expected to make this thread and not find some sort of differing opinion, you must not have been thinking.

    Comment

    • Tired_Old_Man
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2008
      • 259

      #47
      Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

      Can I go to the arcade and play Kiss me Through the Phone on a DDR machine??? Not unless it's a hacked cabinet with SM or ITG on it, nuff said
      "man is a pupil, pain is his teacher" - Alfred de Musset

      Comment

      • Gundam-Dude
        `~`
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 7327

        #48
        Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

        Originally posted by NekoGon
        if even yaboy called you a dumbass then gg game

        hahahahaha


        (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

        My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

        Comment

        • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 559

          #49
          Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

          I like them both. Either way I'm gonna be hitting arrows to music.

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #50
            Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

            Originally posted by BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
            I like them both. Either way I'm gonna be hitting arrows to music.
            But...on ITG, you can hit arrows to music that YOU like, not music that is forcefully put in a game.

            Comment

            • jellygod
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2007
              • 1703

              #51
              Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

              itg- 16ths, 24ths, 12ths. better music/songs
              ddr- 4ths, 8ths majority. horrible songs

              itg.

              RETIRED
              ___________________________
              Best AAAs- Monstrous Turtles, Get down
              Styles- index,spread
              Tier Points: 148
              Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
              "Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

              Comment

              • iwatchedherdie
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2009
                • 14

                #52
                Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                But...on ITG, you can hit arrows to music that YOU like, not music that is forcefully put in a game.
                AMEN brotha :P
                Originally posted by Beethovens mask
                I like to play FFR because it makes me feel less sucky.

                Comment

                • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 559

                  #53
                  Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  But...on ITG, you can hit arrows to music that YOU like, not music that is forcefully put in a game.
                  I'll admit ITG has it's gems, but it has some god-awful tracks as well! Same as DDR - more recently songs like Saber Wing have quickly become my favourites, but in that same mix their are dreadful rap songs!

                  Comment

                  • iwatchedherdie
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 14

                    #54
                    Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                    DDR was fine until superNOVA. Sure screwed things up.
                    DDR: X is OK i guess.. Only chart I like is Horatio Heavy/Expert/Hard/Difficult w/e konami calls it.
                    Originally posted by Beethovens mask
                    I like to play FFR because it makes me feel less sucky.

                    Comment

                    • TC_Halogen
                      Rhythm game specialist.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 19376

                      #55
                      Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                      Originally posted by BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                      I'll admit ITG has it's gems, but it has some god-awful tracks as well! Same as DDR - more recently songs like Saber Wing have quickly become my favourites, but in that same mix their are dreadful rap songs!
                      The reason I said you don't have to forcefully listen to tracks you don't like is because of the USB function. I'll admit--DDR songs have gotten pretty good as of late (Saber Wing is amazing ), but the charts aren't that great. =(

                      Comment

                      • Gundam-Dude
                        `~`
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 7327

                        #56
                        Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                        DDR stepfile artists probably step files blindfolded with Ctrl+R while playing index on their keyboards. There's no way somebody can seriously make charts that bad, rofl. Song choices are questionable but then you have a few that are pretty nice, like Saber Wing, haha.


                        (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

                        My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

                        Comment

                        • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                          FFR Player
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 559

                          #57
                          Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                          The reason I said you don't have to forcefully listen to tracks you don't like is because of the USB function. I'll admit--DDR songs have gotten pretty good as of late (Saber Wing is amazing ), but the charts aren't that great. =(
                          Ahhh I see! Well yeah in that aspect I guess ITG wins =P

                          Comment

                          • Draigun
                            om nom nom nom.
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 751

                            #58
                            Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                            After stopping on page two, this is what I have to say:

                            1) Basically everything TC_Halogen said.

                            2)
                            Unfair comparison. Until SuperNova2, Marvelous was disabled by default except for on courses.
                            ITG, Fantastics, the Marvelous equivalent, are enabled by default.

                            Comparing Fantastics to Perfects is unfair.
                            In fact, it's easier to get Excellents (The Perfect equivalent) than it is to get Perfects.
                            With much less effort, I get a FEC on ITG songs, that I wouldn't be able to AAA so effortlessly on DDR.

                            Timing windows seem more strict on DDR, you're just making the wrong comparison.
                            Go get all Marvelous on DDR.
                            this.

                            3)
                            WRONG!!...You can still tri-star a song and get greats its not the same as a AAA. Just as you can get no greats but with a high excellent count you prolly won't even tri or even double star it.
                            You obviously have not played Supernova 2. You can still get greats and AAA the song. Just another example of DDR trying to be more like ITG.

                            My vote goes to ITG. DDR Extreme falls close below, but Supernova and above are absolutely terrible.
                            Last edited by Draigun; 05-1-2009, 04:10 PM.
                            What?

                            Comment

                            Working...