Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • STD_Sappy
    FFR Veteran
    • Mar 2008
    • 728

    #31
    Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

    [QUOTE=TC_Halogen;3056743]I'm not talking about how it FEELS to get a fantastic, versus getting a perfect, it's technical terms. The actual measures of each window show that ITG is slightly, but nonetheless more lenient. Take this into account: a tri-star in ITG is the equivalent of an AAA in DDR (DDR X is a great example since you can get greats and an AAA now).

    Wait, really?...I've tri-starred many 11's, and many 10's, and haven't even AAA'd MAX 300 yet, lol. Well, if it's technical terms...then why don't the results match?
    Number of AAA's: 649?
    Number of FC's: 700 something
    Best AAA: Epidermis, Heavenly Spores
    Join Date: March 12th, 2008.


    Sappy.


    Originally posted by Superfreak04
    He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
    Originally posted by DarknessXoXLight
    Amen.
    Because he's so well known. ;]
    Lol, I love these people. <3

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #32
      Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

      Originally posted by iwatchedherdie
      More specifically
      OpenITG is based on Stepmania 3.95's source code With a bunch of tweaks and fixes
      That works fine. =)

      Comment

      • Goldenwind
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2006
        • 762

        #33
        Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

        Originally posted by STD_Sappy
        Timing windows for DDR are MUCH bigger than ITG, as well. :]
        Unfair comparison. Until SuperNova2, Marvelous was disabled by default except for on courses.
        ITG, Fantastics, the Marvelous equivalent, are enabled by default.

        Comparing Fantastics to Perfects is unfair.
        In fact, it's easier to get Excellents (The Perfect equivalent) than it is to get Perfects.
        With much less effort, I get a FEC on ITG songs, that I wouldn't be able to AAA so effortlessly on DDR.

        Timing windows seem more strict on DDR, you're just making the wrong comparison.
        Go get all Marvelous on DDR.
        Last edited by Goldenwind; 04-25-2009, 11:09 PM.
        They say there's a sun in the sky...

        Comment

        • angelheadedhpst
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2006
          • 80

          #34
          Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

          Originally posted by iamDMAS
          Cause it's hard? Good, good.

          Hey people! I need more opinions!
          Why exactly do you "need" opinions? That's stupid, but I'll play along.

          I like ITG way more because Roxorgames actually gave players a way to play their own songs/files on an arcade machine, whereas Konami just wants to lock players into playing strictly their own music/licensed artists. Roxorgames/ITG is definitely less business-oriented (now especially, lololol. r.i.p. roxorgames <3 ) and more geared toward the players.


          There was a signature here. It's gone now.

          Comment

          • AbXtreme
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2005
            • 9

            #35
            Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

            Oh ho ho ho ho, I've just finally noticed a decent topic for which I'll comment on.

            Mungyodance > ITG > DDR
            Nearly 3.5 years and under 10 posts on the forum, I'M ON A F**KING ROLL!

            Comment

            • kirjautunut
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2007
              • 395

              #36
              Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

              i have played DDR once, and i wasn't able to find where i could change speedmod. does it even have?

              I have played lot of ITG, so i like it more anyway. i like songs, and it has many speedmods.
              I will catch you.

              Comment

              • StepmaniaGod6969
                3 Fingers
                • Jan 2007
                • 1015

                #37
                Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                [QUOTE=STD_Sappy;3056853]
                Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                I'm not talking about how it FEELS to get a fantastic, versus getting a perfect, it's technical terms. The actual measures of each window show that ITG is slightly, but nonetheless more lenient. Take this into account: a tri-star in ITG is the equivalent of an AAA in DDR (DDR X is a great example since you can get greats and an AAA now).

                Wait, really?...I've tri-starred many 11's, and many 10's, and haven't even AAA'd MAX 300 yet, lol. Well, if it's technical terms...then why don't the results match?
                WRONG!!...You can still tri-star a song and get greats its not the same as a AAA. Just as you can get no greats but with a high excellent count you prolly won't even tri or even double star it.
                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                use your cock. unless it isn't long enough. and then i feel sorry for you.



                Comment

                • Gundam-Dude
                  `~`
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 7327

                  #38
                  Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                  What Halogen meant was exactly what you said just you misinterpreted, rofl. To obtain a AAA on recent DDR games, you don't have to worry about having 0 greats since you can still achieve it given that you have good PA and a low great count (good MA if Marvelous is enabled). Same applies to ITG, so both games are a little bit more lenient for grading.


                  (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

                  My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

                  Comment

                  • travman301
                    #swagdog
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 2641

                    #39
                    Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                    Stop making this topic. D:

                    Comment

                    • iamDMAS
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 28

                      #40
                      Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                      ~~~~~~~~~~WARNING TO ALL WHO MAKE ME MAD~~~~~~~~~~
                      BREAKING POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      IM CLOSING THIS THREAD AND REGARDLESS DDR STILL WINS REGARDLESS THE SCORE! YOU CALL ME BIASED JUST TO BE MEAN AND AFTER A WHILE YOU'RE STILL MEAN AFTER MY ENCOURAGEMENT! NOW BE HAPPY I'VE HAD TOLERANCE, AND WAY TOO MUCH. YOU BLASTED CRITICS! D<

                      ...i just wanted a small debate...
                      ...and you crush it.
                      EDIT: ...and i just noticed you can't close even your own threads.

                      ...imagine several critics and these forums suck.
                      Last edited by iamDMAS; 04-28-2009, 08:35 PM.
                      If you are criticizing me hatefully cause I love Dance Dance Revolution and "In The Groove is better", you have a 100% chance of ban.

                      Comment

                      • YaBoySM
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 532

                        #41
                        Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                        Ur srsly a dumbass dood, no offense

                        Comment

                        • Psychotik
                          Heckin' Cute
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 1729

                          #42
                          Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                          Originally posted by iamDMAS
                          YOU CALL ME BIASED JUST TO BE MEAN
                          Of course.
                          Check out my Speedruns
                          Originally posted by TEEX
                          I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.

                          Comment

                          • iwatchedherdie
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 14

                            #43
                            Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                            Originally posted by iamDMAS
                            DDR STILL WINS
                            ITG/Stepmania is too good for you
                            Originally posted by Beethovens mask
                            I like to play FFR because it makes me feel less sucky.

                            Comment

                            • Dr Tran
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 1134

                              #44
                              Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                              what was the point of this thread if all you were going to do was disregard everyone's opinion

                              Comment

                              • NekoGon
                                щ(゚Д゚щ)
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 2709

                                #45
                                Re: Dance Dance Revolution VS. In The Groove

                                if even yaboy called you a dumbass then gg game



                                Comment

                                Working...