Do you think DDR is failing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Timer Rabbit
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2007
    • 166

    #31
    Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

    Oh kupo.

    (All I can say. Especialy the fact about Kagerow (Rinsei for Pop'n genre.).)

    Comment

    • Tails99
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 218

      #32
      Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

      CyricZ's FAQS on GameFAQS Use this for the songs on US DDR games.

      SuperNOVA didn't wreck everything, necessarily. I enjoy the songs pretty well for SuperNOVA for the PS2. Arcade version was a bit too hard to figure out how to navigate effectively to see the songs in 60 seconds or so. SuperNOVA 2 turned all the songs into a mish-mash of covers and ****. What I'd like to see is more songs from the arcade versions on the PS2 home versions. Songs like Maximum Overdrive, WWW*.Blonde Girl(Momo Mix), Witch Doctor(hey, it's fun, leave me alone), and R3. The fun songs with the original steps.
      Last edited by Tails99; 12-8-2007, 09:03 AM. Reason: The * kept making it a link
      Originally posted by Specforces
      (3:15:11 PM) Corey: Tomorrow, I'm going to kill myself.
      (3:15:11 PM) SmarterChild: Would you like me to add the event "Kill yourself" on October 3rd, 2007 to your planner?
      (3:15:12 PM) Corey: You fucking asshole...

      Comment

      • thegeddupnoise
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2006
        • 231

        #33
        Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

        I pretty much agree with everyone here. DDR's new hard songs have ridiculous jumps that I can barely do with the controller. Though I did pass NGO Oni with a C the other day, it seems like it would be humanly impossible to full combo it, not because of the crazy final stream, but the crazy jumps. I can't even do two of the crazy jumps, yet alone up to 10 of them in a row within 5 seconds.

        I wish they would make more songs like the older MAXes, and Paranoia Survivor Max and stuff...
        # of FCs: 403/459
        # of AAAs: 78/459
        # of Token AAAs: 7/119
        # of Skill Tokens: 82/92

        Best FC: HELLBEAT
        Best AAA: Crystalis - House Leaves (Remix) (WITH jack syndrome)

        Originally posted by Zageron
        Everything is Vistas fault. If your cat dies, it's also Vistas fault.
        Originally posted by MilkChan
        Why do people care about that? It doesn't give you anything in return, it just displays you on the daily stats. Not like anyone would be sucking your dick because you got 3095471750427 arrows on one day.

        Comment

        • SuperSonicX
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2006
          • 528

          #34
          Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

          DDR's songs, well the new ones, I agree that they are hard to step, even if you're using a controller. I find that games that start to become hard beyond reason or begin a series of hard games tend to be doomed in the future.
          My Wii Number is :1400 3149 4401 2038 add me.

          If practice makes perfect, but no one has reached perfection, then why the hell practice?

          Originally posted by Synthlight
          Welcome aboard. I'm a noob also, so don't feel bad.

          Cheers,

          Synthlight

          Comment

          • jugglinguy
            Use me as a porta-potty
            • Dec 2006
            • 4319

            #35
            Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

            DDR is just trying to gain popularity back by making it challenging for once, but DDR still sucks. PIU has good music and steps to go with it, yet extremely hard so DDR just fails
            Originally posted by Jem
            Jem is my name. No one else is the same!

            You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.

            Comment

            • super kid
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 1359

              #36
              Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

              I really didn't like Supernova.
              Originally posted by KgZ
              next time instead of trying to talk to the girl acting like a sketchball just whip your dick and stick it in her mouth; dont even say anything

              Comment

              • ddr_f4n
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 3807

                #37
                Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

                Originally posted by KgZ
                I've never had a problem with (most of) the steps for DDR, I think most people here are being too picky and have extremely high standards.

                I do agree however that DDR needs to find enough attention that will make people eagerly waiting for the next installment.

                To be honest, I think the right way to go is to re-format the interface of DDR, into something like what IIDX has. I think that the overall graphics presentation of a game adds alot of appeal to players, despite if they think the charts aren't great.
                Same here. I think that many people wants the stepcharts to actually go with the music, just like ITG.

                Konami already has Beatmania for that. I believe that Konami is trying to make the stepcharts in some kind of sense where you can actually attempt to dance while playing. I don't get how these charts work with that though.
                Out Now!


                Older Releases:
                Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                Comment

                • Corbin Wells
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 153

                  #38
                  Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

                  In The Groove definitely is a step up from DDR. But now there is one major program that defeats all dance simulation games. Stepmania. Get your own metal dance pad, get yuorself a nice S-Video cord and big TV. You'll be making your own songs and jammin for hours. As soon as I get my metal dance pad and labtop and hook it up to the kick ass wide screen TV in my colleges big gameroom, it's party time, tournament time, etc But occasionally I'll still go play DDR or ITG once in a while. I'm just wondering why I've been playing for two years and the only 10's I can pass are Sakura and Bag...
                  The minute you forget to think about tomorrow, you lose everything.

                  download my sims now =3:


                  FFR Furry, NYC

                  Comment

                  • Artic_counter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 1002

                    #39
                    Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

                    The reason why DDR is falling in popularity is very simple :


                    People now think that mostly everybody that play DDR is GAY, EMO or ***


                    Comment

                    • sjoecool1991
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 2302

                      #40
                      Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

                      I played Chaos for the first time today. All I have to say is, all the stops are put in the wrong place, they don't go with the music.

                      Comment

                      • sdgundam96
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 9

                        #41
                        Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

                        Well, obviously you haven't played SuperNova 2. Yeah, it has a ton of american bull**** songs, but it has like 8 10's. And if it's really that big of a deal, buy it on the Japanese PS2. Yeah, ITG kicks ass.

                        Comment

                        • ddr_f4n
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 3807

                          #42
                          Re: Do you think DDR is failing?

                          Originally posted by sdgundam96
                          Well, obviously you haven't played SuperNova 2. Yeah, it has a ton of american bull**** songs, but it has like 8 10's. And if it's really that big of a deal, buy it on the Japanese PS2. Yeah, ITG kicks ass.
                          But all of those 10's have really crappy stepcharts. I still don't know how you can "dance" to those kind of stepcharts.
                          Out Now!


                          Older Releases:
                          Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                          Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                          東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                          Comment

                          Working...