Trivia!!!!! Slowest DDR Song!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Loyal2Death
    FFR Veteran
    • Jun 2004
    • 1032

    #31
    Re: Trivia!!!!! Slowest DDR Song!!!!!

    Originally posted by Sharaft
    first of all, ask yourself, do you know what BPM is? its beat per minute, so if the song stops in SM as a "hold" its not 0 BPM, if its 0 beats in 1 minute its 0 BPM, but then again it wouldnt be any song, caus there is no beats... i can say this with 100% certainty that no song can be 0 BPM due to the fact that BPM is the rythem in a song
    I understand what you are saying, but that isn't to say that somewhere 3 minutes after that first minute there was a note. Meaning that you'd have to calculate the average of it during that time.

    Now, I'm no musician of the sort, but my understanding of it doesn't come just based off of the amount of notes in a minute, but rather a projected amount of the notes over a minute span. We all know that certain songs fluctuate many times over a one minute period (the best illustration of this would be something like cocaine voltron's stepfile, but i'm still not all together sure if all of those tricks are really bpm changes or just nifty tricks to go with music.)

    So if persay we have a song (which would be a boring as all hell song in this case) that has a constant beat throughout, but it's first beat or note or whatever you'd like to call it is in the 5th minute of when the song technically starts then you'd have to take the progress of that note over that 5 minute time, would you not? so it's beats per minute would be in a sense 1/5th.

    Then I sit here and think, is it nearly possible to have 1/5th of a beat in a minute?

    I don't know, I realize that I jumped in on this topic a couple minutes late, the entire discussion about it is a bit intriguing, but no, I definitely don't think its possible to have a song be 0 bpm. There would be no song, Just merely space and time I suppose.

    Edit: I'd also like to point out that I refer to a note occuring at the exact second that the timer hits the 5th minute. If the note hits elsewhere within the 5th minute it wouldn't be the "1/5th" bpm I'm talking about.


    Are you Loyal?
    Nows the time to choose
    Die and be free of pain.
    Or live and fight your sorrow.

    Comment

    • silvercomet1525
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 601

      #32
      Re: Trivia!!!!! Slowest DDR Song!!!!!

      A pause is very different than a stop.

      A stop would be pretty much 0 BPM since you can't start the song again after a stop. If you did, then it really wouldn't be a stop, but a pause.

      A pause, on the other hand, can't be said in terms of BPM. You could say it's "undefined" or something to that effect. Like dividing by zero.

      If you called it 0 BPM, then you would never, ever get to the next beat because it literally means 0 beats per minute. That also means 0 beats per every 2 minutes, or hour, or any other interval of time. You would theoretically be stopped forever.

      It can't be a really small number either, because then it really isn't paused. It would still be moving like any other BPM, and it would take up space in the music. Example: If you had 0.03125 BPM for a 1/256 note, it would be similar to an 8 second stop. But it isn't a pause because it takes up a spacing of 1/256 instead of nothing.
      Originally posted by Phynx
      BEDTIME FOR ME YAY!!! PILLOW SO SOFT!


      Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
      (7/29/09)

      Comment

      • kailure
        bzzt
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2006
        • 228

        #33
        Re: Trivia!!!!! Slowest DDR Song!!!!!

        Originally posted by silvercomet1525
        A pause is very different than a stop.

        A stop would be pretty much 0 BPM since you can't start the song again after a stop. If you did, then it really wouldn't be a stop, but a pause.

        A pause, on the other hand, can't be said in terms of BPM. You could say it's "undefined" or something to that effect. Like dividing by zero.

        If you called it 0 BPM, then you would never, ever get to the next beat because it literally means 0 beats per minute. That also means 0 beats per every 2 minutes, or hour, or any other interval of time. You would theoretically be stopped forever.

        It can't be a really small number either, because then it really isn't paused. It would still be moving like any other BPM, and it would take up space in the music. Example: If you had 0.03125 BPM for a 1/256 note, it would be similar to an 8 second stop. But it isn't a pause because it takes up a spacing of 1/256 instead of nothing.
        Quoted for actually making sense.

        Comment

        • UnkownMan
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2007
          • 1569

          #34
          Re: Trivia!!!!! Slowest DDR Song!!!!!

          Originally posted by jecht3009046
          If you can't support your side of the argument, don't say anything. Claiming that I don't make any sense is only pointing out your own ignorance. Also, I almost spelled out that I'm not trying to pick a fight, but merely clarify something.

          Unknown, I never PM'd you. Please fail less.
          Stop posting here. You make no sense, posting randomness (0 BPM is a stop) and making fun of me saying I'm a failure.
          Originally posted by Choofers
          2/10 smoke weed every other day, what up den
          We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

          Comment

          Working...