Guitar Hero. Awesome.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
    Threat Emulation
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2004
    • 5184

    #1171
    Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

    Ok, I passed Raining Blood. Got the beginning down pretty well and then somehow passed the end without star power. Anyways, I now hate Lou because he's a little bitch. 1 more song...

    Originally posted by Lightdarkness
    I'm light f**king darkness

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #1172
      Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

      I started playing some stuff on expert the first day I played. Not well, but I passed some songs. I used to keep my pointer on green. Bad idea, but really not a hard habit to break. Just do whatever gets you by, really. Anchoring on red will definitely be the way to go down the road, though.

      Does anyone else not play with hyperspeed?

      Comment

      • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
        Threat Emulation
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2004
        • 5184

        #1173
        Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

        I don't play with hyperspeed, but that's only because I don't know how to turn it on. I would prefer to play with it on, as that's how I played GH2. But as of right now, I don't think it is really affecting my play.

        Originally posted by Lightdarkness
        I'm light f**king darkness

        Comment

        • ddr_f4n
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 3807

          #1174
          Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

          Ok, I just found out what the Hyperspeed code was, so I'm gonna try to beat Raining Blood now.
          Out Now!


          Older Releases:
          Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
          Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
          東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

          Comment

          • dore
            caveman pornstar
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2006
            • 6317

            #1175
            Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

            oboyoboy
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

            Comment

            • All_That_Chaz
              Supreme Dictator For Life
              • Apr 2004
              • 5874

              #1176
              Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

              seriously, im having major trouble with the songs being off sync and the calibrate lag isn't changing anything. is anybody else having this problem?
              Back to "Back to Earth"
              Originally posted by FoJaR
              dammit chaz
              Originally posted by FoJaR
              god dammit chaz
              Originally posted by MalReynolds
              I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

              Comment

              • Squeek
                let it snow~
                • Jan 2004
                • 14444

                #1177
                Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.



                This might be it.

                Comment

                • dore
                  caveman pornstar
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 6317

                  #1178
                  Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                  Originally posted by All_That_Chaz
                  seriously, im having major trouble with the songs being off sync and the calibrate lag isn't changing anything. is anybody else having this problem?
                  I am too. It'd be okay if the syncage was consistent between songs but it's not even close (Neversoft needs to get Blurk up in there )
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                  Comment

                  • The_Epidemic
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2007
                    • 42

                    #1179
                    Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                    i think they should incorpoate orange into medium...medium is way too easy then hard just pisses me off and i just stop playing

                    Comment

                    • All_That_Chaz
                      Supreme Dictator For Life
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 5874

                      #1180
                      Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      I have the wii version and it's not a problem of notes not registering, just a syncage problem.

                      Originally posted by dore
                      I am too. It'd be okay if the syncage was consistent between songs but it's not even close (Neversoft needs to get Blurk up in there )
                      yea that's what really irks me. like barracuda and that fall of troy song are unbelievably off. but other songs are almost dead on (like cliffs of dover thank god - beat it on expert for the first time tonight )
                      Back to "Back to Earth"
                      Originally posted by FoJaR
                      dammit chaz
                      Originally posted by FoJaR
                      god dammit chaz
                      Originally posted by MalReynolds
                      I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                      Comment

                      • Squeek
                        let it snow~
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 14444

                        #1181
                        Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                        I'm not noticing a syncing problem.

                        The problems with the guitars are cross-platform. The problem exists on the PS2 and the 360, so I see no reason why the Wii would be exempt.

                        The speculation is the removable neck.

                        Anyway, after I came home from class and finished up some work and watched some great shows (Mythbusters was awesome tonight), I put myself back into Hard.

                        I don't know what it is. I got all the way to Tier 6 with only one real problem song. I had to practice the intro to it on Slowest and it was still going too fast for me to figure out how to move my fingers for it.

                        Freakin' "Same old song and dance". Ugh.

                        G/G/R/B/B/BO/BO--/B/O/B/ and repeat.

                        After that it's those doubles that have a gap between them. I suck at those too. And oh god the O/Y/B pattern. What the crap. That's so freakin' hard to do.

                        I had fun actually needing to strum up for the first time, as Barracuda was really starting to kill my wrist. That's probably the most fun to strum up and down on. Had to play Miss Murder for the first time since Hard requires you to pass all four songs, and that had up-strumming too. Which was fun and made the horrible song actually enjoyable. Somewhere along the line I had a really, really fun time playing one of the songs and actually five starred it. I can't remember which one. I know it was an encore song though. My average is three stars on everything, which is making getting money very difficult.

                        My Name is Jonas is still my favorite song to play. I just love how you hit one note and the next dozen are all white. The guitar battle with Slash went a lot better than it did last time and despite my flustering with the weird patterns, I actually won on my first try. And Welcome to the Jungle on Hard is very fun.

                        Looking forward to Tier 7. Knights of Cydonia. Whoooo.

                        Comment

                        • blargherness
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2005
                          • 624

                          #1182
                          Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                          Originally posted by Squeek
                          My Name is Jonas is still my favorite song to play. I just love how you hit one note and the next dozen are all white.
                          I was pretty surprised when I found out you could just hammer/pull them all out.
                          It's a pretty fun pattern.

                          Comment

                          • All_That_Chaz
                            Supreme Dictator For Life
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 5874

                            #1183
                            Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            Freakin' "Same old song and dance". Ugh.

                            G/G/R/B/B/BO/BO--/B/O/B/ and repeat.
                            Try 1/1/1/33/34/34--/4/3/4/. Getting the shifting done out of the way before you have to think about the orange fret helped me adjust to playing on it instead of having to worry about how I'd get there when it came up.
                            Back to "Back to Earth"
                            Originally posted by FoJaR
                            dammit chaz
                            Originally posted by FoJaR
                            god dammit chaz
                            Originally posted by MalReynolds
                            I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                            Comment

                            • _pandaman_
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 479

                              #1184
                              Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                              I cant really connect with the orange button worries >.>

                              Havent noticed offsyncness.

                              FCd My Name Is Jonas online (X, of course). Need to do it in career tho. Got the achievement for 15 hosted ranked wins. goin for 15 joined ranked wins.

                              Finally 5*d Raining Blood. ****in song can suck on mah dick. broke 500k on NotB

                              ya, gonna start kickin more ass online

                              Comment

                              • All_That_Chaz
                                Supreme Dictator For Life
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 5874

                                #1185
                                Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                                oh, something i noticed last night when a friend brought over his wiitar. there isn't a non-career co-op mode. i'm assuning this is unlocked after beating a co-op career difficulty or something, but is there confirmation somewhere on how to unlock it?

                                EDIT: and holy hell gg on Raining Blood panda.
                                Back to "Back to Earth"
                                Originally posted by FoJaR
                                dammit chaz
                                Originally posted by FoJaR
                                god dammit chaz
                                Originally posted by MalReynolds
                                I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

                                Comment

                                Working...