Hard songs- and easy songs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chromer
    Hookers and Blow
    • Jul 2003
    • 4981

    #31
    I never said that the steps are the only thing that factors in the song. All I'm saying is that the stepfile is what distinguishes the song from anything else, not the bpm. The bpm may be a factor in the nature of the song, but like I said before, the steps make the song. Slow down Cartoon Heroes and the steps really would be piss easy. Bpm is the only factor that is keeping people from AAA songs like this. So what I'm trying to say is that the steps are more important than the actual bpm.

    Comment

    • Tsuteto
      FFR Player
      • May 2004
      • 1312

      #32
      Steps are in a way important, yes. But even then, it also depends on a player's ability. Some people have troubles reading fast BPMs, but if Max 300 was slower, then they could pass it no prob. Some people don't like how some crossovers are dealt though, but can still pass songs like LoM.

      All in all, when people say what a song is like, they're just really saying what it feels like to them. Konami has it well planned out, making it a good OVERALL statistic rather than how THEY think it is.

      Comment

      • Chromer
        Hookers and Blow
        • Jul 2003
        • 4981

        #33
        Exactly.

        Comment

        • GregHead
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 306

          #34
          Originally posted by debit13
          LOM is 400...? I thought itwas around 350, because if you measure the 1/8 notes in a song like Paranoia Eternal, it equals 400 (200 bpm x twice as fast). Well, i'm not sure.
          It is 333. When you player 1/8 notes, it's 666 arrows per minute. It was going to be 400 BPM but, uh... hard. They'll probably realease the new version many years from now after people who play DDR (not In The Groove) have some sort of hope against it.

          Comment

          • GregHead
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 306

            #35
            Originally posted by Tsuteto
            Steps are in a way important, yes. But even then, it also depends on a player's ability. Some people have troubles reading fast BPMs, but if Max 300 was slower, then they could pass it no prob. Some people don't like how some crossovers are dealt though, but can still pass songs like LoM.
            Some people are the opposite, which is why some people (not me!) have trouble against Sakura at the 150 BPM part. I usually play 1X on most songs to prepare myself for as much as I can.

            I think Max 300 is draining enough to qualify as a 10.

            I think Sakura on both play modes should be a 9, but... I guess there are reasons for it to be a 10 (BPM changes?)

            Without mods, Bag's a good 10. It's pretty easy to pass but I do really sloppy at it (ie C grade)

            Comment

            • GregHead
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 306

              #36
              All right here's a story form the arcade a while ago:

              Double Play
              1st Stage: So Deep Heavy (9 footer) --> B
              2nd Stage: AM-3P East Side Mix Challenge (7 Footer) --> failed in 20 seconds

              Sure, I guess you could argue So Deep is more oriented towards Single Players (ie less moving around, more stream) while AM-3P is made for experience Double players (ie more moving around, less stream), but still. Annoying...

              Comment

              • GregHead
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 306

                #37
                Originally posted by Chromer
                I never said that the steps are the only thing that factors in the song. All I'm saying is that the stepfile is what distinguishes the song from anything else, not the bpm. The bpm may be a factor in the nature of the song, but like I said before, the steps make the song. Slow down Cartoon Heroes and the steps really would be piss easy. Bpm is the only factor that is keeping people from AAA songs like this. So what I'm trying to say is that the steps are more important than the actual bpm.
                Not that easy, it's got gallops, quater beats, maybe not any crossovers, but I can't think of many songs that would still be hard if you took their BPM to an ideal amount. Well, Bag maybe...

                Comment

                • Tsuteto
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2004
                  • 1312

                  #38
                  Um... what's with the quad post?

                  And yeah, I can't really think of any other songs that deserve to be changed.

                  Comment

                  • debit13
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 201

                    #39
                    Well... what about frozen ray?

                    Maybe an 8...? The streams are short, except for the end, and even the ending streams aren't that hard.

                    i feel... should be an 8 cause there isn't a lot of parts where you have to move quickly... the beat is chaotic, but other than that, that's probably why it's hard.

                    What's that other song... oh yeah... I REALLY don't like "I'm for real", i can't understand that beat in the beginning. May qualify as an 8 to me, but once i can understand the beat, I'd disagree with my own statement.

                    Comment

                    Working...