Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #16
    Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

    Originally posted by iironiic
    I hope you mean 1.
    225?
    It was 6. Maybe I did something wrong with remainder?

    Edit: I did it like..

    6 / 7 = 0,85
    6 / 11 = 0,54
    6 / 13 = 0,46

    I assumed he only wanted the first number after decimal if it was 0. Not sure if you need to round too.

    Meh, modulo =/= remainder in french my bad.
    Also wrote a program doing that in the past, it's kinda ashaming to do the same mistake I did in the past.
    Last edited by Hakulyte; 08-24-2012, 12:36 PM.

    Comment

    • wildfireskunk
      Purveyor of tea
      • Sep 2004
      • 1247

      #17
      Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      It was 6. Maybe I did something wrong with remainder?
      You can't have 8 as a remainder after dividing something by 7 XD
      ITG guru, FFR noob, wants to hug every cat.

      Comment

      • rushyrulz
        Digital Dancing!
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2006
        • 12985

        #18
        Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

        wrote it in java. Works like a charm.
        Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.


        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #19
          Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

          7*11*13 = 1001 that's why huehue

          #1 mathcounts trickz


          Comment

          • iironiic
            D6 FFR Legacy Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2009
            • 4342

            #20
            Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

            Originally posted by Elite Ninja
            7 = r4
            11 = r5
            13 = r12
            753?

            Originally posted by icontrolyourworld
            7=6
            11=1
            13=8
            34?

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            It was 6. Maybe I did something wrong with remainder?

            Edit: I did it like..

            6 / 7 = 0,85
            6 / 11 = 0,54
            6 / 13 = 0,46

            I assumed he only wanted the first number after decimal if it was 0. Not sure if you need to round too.
            By remainder I mean this:

            200/7 = 28 + 4/7. Therefore 4 is the remainder if my number was 200.

            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            7*11*13 = 1001 that's why huehue

            #1 mathcounts trickz
            If you all are so clever figuring this out, how about you guys try guessing mine.

            Divided 7, remainder 2.
            Divided by 11, remainder 4.
            Divided by 13, remainder 7.

            It's not just going through the multiples of 7 and brute forcing your way through... in fact it's a lot simpler than that

            In fact Rushy, it's so simple, it only requires one line of coding. I just did it in Mathematica :3

            Comment

            • rushyrulz
              Digital Dancing!
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2006
              • 12985

              #21
              Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

              345 and unfortunately java doesn't work like Mathematica . I mean I could cram all that crap onto one line if I wanted haha.


              Comment

              • iironiic
                D6 FFR Legacy Player
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2009
                • 4342

                #22
                Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

                Originally posted by rushyrulz
                345 and unfortunately java doesn't work like Mathematica . I mean I could cram all that crap onto one line if I wanted haha.
                True, but your code requires brute forcing. I'm just doing a few calculations xD

                Comment

                • rushyrulz
                  Digital Dancing!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 12985

                  #23
                  Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

                  so is it one or a few? *trolol*
                  Also, TIMTOWTDI ;D
                  Last edited by rushyrulz; 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM.


                  Comment

                  • icontrolyourworld
                    Enjoy life!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 4197

                    #24
                    Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

                    Originally posted by iironiic
                    34?
                    yep :3

                    Comment

                    • Reincarnate
                      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 6332

                      #25
                      Re: Choose any number between 1-999! Don't tell me!

                      chinese remainder theorem

                      Comment

                      Working...