Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Thanks to Synth I have my answer. He was the only person I was really waiting for.
However, Synthlight you also misunderstand me.
I'm not suggesting we integrate it into the actual game. Simply putting another ranks PAGE. Linking to the ranking MySQL? database. That takes the names and ranks of the people who decided to register for the one hand rankings. Then proceeds to place them on the new list in the order of whoever has the most points. I don't mean recreate the whole game, or make two entirely separate categories.
Just a simple drag and drop of the username and the rank.
But whatever. I've never let anything bother me in my whole foruming carrier. And I've had some pretty similar issues to this. Thats just me ^.^ Way too many good and bad ideas jumbled together that are too complicated, or sound complicated (like this one), so people don't like them.
Thanks for everyones time.
*Edit*:Oh and also to anyone who thinks I just want this to make myself look better.. I'm probably one of the worst one handed players out there right now. (That are any good). And i seriously couldn't care less what my rank was.Last edited by Zageron; 06-4-2007, 05:46 PM.Comment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Honestly you guys should listen to him and his logic
first off, i think at the time FFR was MADE for one handers only, two hands was completely out of the question
ive been a member ever since 10-5-2005, back wehn they came out with the song Captain Jack and Deliruim (old school guys) when captain jack died in spain and back then those songs were great because they were tuned to one handers, the way ffr was meant to be played. But now with all the noobs figuring out that two hands can be more efficient at times started to play steppers decided to make simfiles two handed.
but that still begs the question what to do with the one handers, the origional ffr players. Those of you who say that two hands is much better than one are completely wrong, im sure it doesn't take much practice with two hands to become good, but one hand is alot harder, especially on two hand maps. I think this ranking system is a good idea because it shows the one handers ranks aside from the two handers. I myself play one hand and i consider myself to be adequate at FFR but there are just too many two hand maps out there to even break the 4,000 rank line being one handed.
as far as selecting which hand you use, im sure if youre just honest and filled in a bubble you would understand
I would like some more feedback from SYNTH! that would help us out alot.
this probably wont happen in the near future considering how much time it will take, but i just want you guys to think about itComment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Join Date: Feb 2006
No.
Originally posted by derblubthis pic is photo-chopped 100%Comment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Sorry tass. But I beg to differ. No offense intended.
Yes. My Playing Style is my choice.
But no! I do not choose a playing style less efficient than others. The only reason it's less efficient, is because maps (simfiles) have been made specifically or made BY a person who plays with two hands.
And if you really want to be on this list then you would have to have a way to record yourself playing, and be able to play in the one handed style. If you don't have a way to record yourself then don't join the list or your too good to be on the list anyways xD
And if no one wants to do this. Then I'll just go ahead and write the script for it. -_-
LOL wow ok so then AAA vertex beta thats pretty much all stream... or at least fc it >.< you can do that one handed you just have to be good...Comment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Synth, dont tell me you tuned this game from teh start for two handed players, honestly i dont think it even crossed your mind back then
i was there, all teh songs you had on this site had structured one handed rolls and side triples, and even Turbulence, one of my favs, was a stretch to AAA this. if you think about it
i know a whole ranking system is asking for alot and thats not what i think could be used here, but you know where it says song difficulty, or song style, maybe an asterik or something that denotes its a one handed song
you dont have to redo all teh past songs(that would take a while) just the new ones that come out
my rank is 4500 and i dont care about it, but its nice to have a section for us, plus i dont think two handers would bother practicing one handed songs
and ps the join date os for fourms, not gameplay just check my profile (yes i wasthere when you MADE the profiles)
"2005-10-18 19:25:22" join DateComment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure there were 2 handers in 2005.
Originally posted by derblubthis pic is photo-chopped 100%Comment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Honestly, not enough to count
the only song i can even think of bieng two hand at the time is Baloon Fever, and i can complete that with an over 150 combo
ps. hi19hi19 uses 1 hand too, look at his step for roller coaster ride and divinityComment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
It isn't necessary though. I've been playing here (single 3 finger) for 'bout 2 years now n I've seen it grow, but all the new integrations to the system and the huge growth factor would make it nearly impossible. Now if you started like a team or club that you could join in side of FFR then you might be able to do what you are saying, but to make a whole new system just for a select few is not worth the time for synth, or the other programmersi have no cool quote from anyone else...
Comment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
an asterisk= a whole new system?!?!
ooohkay thenComment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Like Doug, I have been here from 2004. I was just on an old account and I started right away at two hands. It didn't seem back then that the game was really made specifically for one-handers or two-handers.Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 06-4-2007, 07:17 PM.Comment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
Let me give you some friendly advice. Don't claim to know ANYTHING about the site since, first off, the site was started in late 2002 early 2003. Also, good thing there weren't songs like Silence or FOTBB or ANY classic song or AIM Anthem or CIA Rave or NUMEROUS others since October of 2005, because then your arguement would be legit. Not to mention the fact that noone has ever thought 2 handed play was cheating. There are no advantages to playing one handed, only disadvantages. Synth already said no...definitively. So quit your whining.Originally posted by SynthlightEveryone uses quotes from Synthlight in their signature. So I'm making this one up to fit in.
Cheers,
SynthlightComment
-
Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.
its a good idea on paper but to actually do it??i have no cool quote from anyone else...
Comment


Comment