Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rade0110
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2004
    • 1253

    #16
    Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

    Originally posted by Zageron
    And if no one wants to do this. Then I'll just go ahead and write the script for it. -_-
    You do realize that even if you wrote the script there is no way in hell that any admin would actually implement it onto ffr....
    Originally posted by Synthlight
    Everyone uses quotes from Synthlight in their signature. So I'm making this one up to fit in.

    Cheers,

    Synthlight

    Comment

    • Zageron
      Zageron E. Tazaterra
      FFR Administrator
      • Apr 2007
      • 6592

      #17
      Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

      He wouldn't have to lol

      I could do it myself. Well. Only for the top 1,000. For everyone else I'd wouldn't be able to do anything.

      Anyways Along the lines of the "What way is better" I don't care. This is a suggestion for a ranking list. Nothing more. However I would like to fight for my point.

      Comment

      • spinal_compression
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2005
        • 3325

        #18
        Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

        Zageron you are fighting a loosing battle with a cheap way to increase your rank.

        Ever notice how NO suggestion about overall ranks have ever been implemented?

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        oh. japanese song... lets put the american flag on that!

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        I do accept sexual favors as bribes.

        Comment

        • Zageron
          Zageron E. Tazaterra
          FFR Administrator
          • Apr 2007
          • 6592

          #19
          Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

          How would that increase my rank? It would simply state that myself, or others who play the way I do were playing well in OUR category. I hadn't even thought about how it would make my rank higher until you mentioned it. I'd simply like to see a different category or ranks. I don't appreciate that spinal. Please don't assume things. If that was my goal from the begging I would have stated so.

          Comment

          • Doug31
            Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2004
            • 6811

            #20
            Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

            Ok, if all this stuff that gets you so bad is made by people who play with two hands, then go play crowdpleaser or pants. Both were made by Moogy, and he plays with one hand, therefore, they must be so much easier for you than other stuff...WRONG.

            Whatever, there's no way this would possibly be implemented. anyway.

            Comment

            • Zageron
              Zageron E. Tazaterra
              FFR Administrator
              • Apr 2007
              • 6592

              #21
              Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

              It seems that I won't be able to win this fight unless I get support. So until I receive some...

              Comment

              • Doug31
                Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2004
                • 6811

                #22
                Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                You'll never be able to win this fight.

                Comment

                • Zageron
                  Zageron E. Tazaterra
                  FFR Administrator
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 6592

                  #23
                  Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                  Doug... Will you please stop being an ass to me? It's not appreciated.

                  And don't give me "I'm just telling you the truth."

                  Comment

                  • kpxkrnkidx
                    FFR Player
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 87

                    #24
                    Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                    i guess i'll put some input into this: it's a waste of time that doesn't need to be implemented onto FFR. also, reading previous entries, it is in fact inferior to two-handed players. sure, i saw a guy do pretty well on vertex beta with 1 hand, but then again that's nothing really. i'd like to see a 1 handed player, as doug mentioned before, do pants.

                    Comment

                    • DrugstoreCowboy
                      Is Famouz
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 3409

                      #25
                      Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                      Originally posted by Doug31
                      Oh, so we can see who the biggest one-handed gamewhores are, as well, not which ones are actually good?
                      im good

                      Comment

                      • Doug31
                        Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 6811

                        #26
                        Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                        Zageron, I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just trying to tell you that you shouldn't waste your time on this when it's hopeless, anyway.

                        Comment

                        • Zageron
                          Zageron E. Tazaterra
                          FFR Administrator
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 6592

                          #27
                          Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                          One who never tries never gains.

                          Comment

                          • kpxkrnkidx
                            FFR Player
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 87

                            #28
                            Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                            in this case alone, "one who tried didn't gain."


                            *edit*but i still agree with the other one.

                            Comment

                            • Synthlight
                              Administrator
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Administrator
                              • Nov 2002
                              • 3060

                              #29
                              Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                              Zageron,

                              When I say this is not worth the effort, it is the understatement of the year.

                              First... comes the changes that need to be made not only to the engine side of the .swf but also the different playtypes and modules including multiplayer.

                              Second.... comes all our checks and balances and security that it must be intergrated into when going to the php.

                              Third.... we must make duplicate tables for every single level inside the database

                              Fourth.... all 20-30 scripts on the site that deal with scores and ranks will need to be refitted in order to handle these new tables and scores

                              Fifth... Do you have any idea how time consuming it would be to camera verify about 1000 new members each day.. and this is not even counting the existing 1.2+ million members on the site already.

                              There is no way you could do this yourself. Stop thinking you know everything when you don't even know the backend structure.

                              Single hand is inferior. If it wasn't, there would be songs that single hand players would crush two handed players. This entire idea would end up being a monumental waste of time that would get filled with people playing 2 handed to cheat scores and we would need a full time staff of atleast 3-4 people in place ONLY to verify videos.

                              It is very simple, become the best 1 hand player in the world or start training yourself to play 2 handed if you care about ranking high on the list.

                              Otherwise have fun.

                              Cheers,

                              Synthlight

                              Comment

                              • Xisorshadow
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 6

                                #30
                                Re: Another ranking list. Suggestion. Just hear me out.

                                Alright, Zageron, you're my friend and i'm NOT trying to take sides no matter how you put it. This does sound a little extreme, and I am one handed as you know. I think since people play with 2 hands they are somewhat better than 1 handers because they can hit comboes better than one handed players can. But, agreeing with Synth, trying to script things for players would take hours. And if not hours, days. There are over 1,000,000 FFR players and you would have to go to each individual profile to ask them if they play with 2 or 1 hand(s). This will take forever, plus people may take it and say "That's none of your business. I don't even know you." Plus, thinking that you could do it all on your own is outrageous. Do you know how many people it took to make FFR period? There would have to be more songs for one handers, and many many MANY more scripts for the whole profile thing to work for new players. Just think about it before you try something so drastic.

                                Xisorshadow

                                P.S. I know this wasn't what you were thinking from one of your friends. I know you asked for help on this. I'm sorry man. I just don't think it's the best idea in the world.

                                Comment

                                Working...