Show who is on FFR MP on front page

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Velocity
    Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Administrator
    • Jul 2007
    • 1821

    #16
    Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

    It shouldn't be too hard, Prochat was easier as it mostly custom and already support that kind of thing, MP doesn't.

    I'll look into it later.

    Comment

    • justin_ator
      🥓<strong><span style="col
      • Mar 2007
      • 7648

      #17
      Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

      Seperate who is in which MP though lol

      Comment

      • Winrar
        Quasi-porn
        • Jan 2008
        • 1843

        #18
        Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

        Icy is full of gr8 ideas +1

        Originally posted by Staiain
        I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

        Comment

        • Evascythe
          evascythe
          • Mar 2005
          • 2909

          #19
          Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

          good idea :3


          Originally posted by moches
          I love your avatar and you seem like a chill dude

          Comment

          • justin_ator
            🥓<strong><span style="col
            • Mar 2007
            • 7648

            #20
            Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

            I know Velo said he'd look into it already, not why I'm bumping this.

            Something I was thinking about, do we really need a recent updated profiles section on the main page? if you go to prochat you see the (10?) most recently updated profiles anyway, what's the point of having them on the main page? Perhaps replace that with this MP user idea, so it doesn't take up as much space?

            Comment

            • icontrolyourworld
              Enjoy life!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Oct 2007
              • 4197

              #21
              Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

              i'm sure in some strange way it gets people to stay active on ffr at least on their profiles, so may as well keep it. i know there are some people that constantly update their profiles just to stay on the front page xD

              Comment

              • Ohaider
                FFR Veteran
                • Jun 2012
                • 2893

                #22
                Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                Agreed, whatever widgets and modules that'd promote activity i'm all for haha, sure you may say "that'll attract the emo online dating profile whores" but those are inevitable

                Comment

                • i love you
                  Live a wonderful life~
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 7315

                  #23
                  Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                  Honestly, there are more things in the front page that we do not even need/use much.

                  Credit Jackpot: This thing is pretty much dead for the most part. It used to be a big thing but it died down dramatically. Honestly, just bring back the Gambling Hall.

                  Latest Profiles: I actually know people who still wants this here. It is needed? No, because of what Justin mentioned on his post. I honestly do not mind keeping this on the front page though seeing that I do know there are people in this community who update their profiles like crazy.

                  Newest Veterans: Okay honestly, do people even care about this? I am not trying to sound mean or anything but come on, lets be real here. No one cares.

                  "X arrows hit today!": If that credit jackpot ever gets removed, this should also be removed LoL

                  Also, I definitely like that MP idea as well even though Velocity already approves of it.
                  ===============================
                  The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                  ===============================

                  Comment

                  • Ohaider
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 2893

                    #24
                    Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                    Originally posted by i love you
                    Newest Veterans: Okay honestly, do people even care about this? I am not trying to sound mean or anything but come on, lets be real here. No one cares.
                    Think the point of that was to provide a link to the how to page for acquiring veteran status

                    Comment

                    • i love you
                      Live a wonderful life~
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 7315

                      #25
                      Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                      Originally posted by Ohaider
                      Think the point of that was to provide a link to the how to page for acquiring veteran status
                      Good point.
                      ===============================
                      The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                      ===============================

                      Comment

                      • iironiic
                        D6 FFR Legacy Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 4342

                        #26
                        Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                        Originally posted by i love you

                        Latest Profiles: I actually know people who still wants this here. It is needed? No, because of what Justin mentioned on his post. I honestly do not mind keeping this on the front page though seeing that I do know there are people in this community who update their profiles like crazy.
                        I can see why this is a good idea to remove it, but I honestly met a bunch of great FFR'ers that are not known in the forums. In a way, it's a great way to meet people outside of the forums. I don't like how a lot of people abuse the system, so instead of completely removing it, why not try to do something about those that are updating their profile purposely to be on the top page.

                        Also +1 support on MP on front page.

                        Comment

                        • i love you
                          Live a wonderful life~
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 7315

                          #27
                          Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                          Originally posted by iironiic
                          I don't like how a lot of people abuse the system, so instead of completely removing it, why not try to do something about those that are updating their profile purposely to be on the top page.
                          To be honest, I would not know how to resolve this other then adding some kind of code that limits a user on how much they can update their profile before their username gets disregard on the "latest profiles" page.

                          Not sure how this would be done though.
                          ===============================
                          The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                          ===============================

                          Comment

                          • igotrhythm
                            Fractals!
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 6535

                            #28
                            Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                            I'm for having latest profiles on the front page, but for selfish reasons, can I have them be removed from the legacy engine page? When one of the "top three" has an animated avatar, I get lag out the ass.

                            Like swag out the ass, only the opposite.

                            Yeah, I can just switch to Beta when that happens, but still. :/
                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                            Comment

                            • justin_ator
                              🥓<strong><span style="col
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 7648

                              #29
                              Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                              Glad to see some feedback on it in a constructive way, was worried I'd just get responses like "nope don't remove it"

                              I kind of agree with ily's post, but perhaps some of these should be at least scaled down?

                              The Credit Jackpot, Latest Profiles, Newest Vets, and even perhaps the Facebook like button over there in the column could be made into smaller lists or removed. A finished page could look something like this.



                              Would it be possible to code the prochat/mp user lists as collapsible lists? If so, that'd clean things up a lot, as well as making the most recent profile updates/newest vets/etc cleaner and to take up less room (as well as allowing more to display when non-collapsed.

                              I removed a few other links in my picture as well, if you didn't notice;
                              FFR Profiles and FFR Forums are RIGHT THERE on the navbar above them.
                              R^2 thread and engine links removed because 1)thread is pointless, and 2)R^2 engine should be linked to under FFR the Game tab.

                              Things like the change log I left even though lolnotusedlately, as well as how top avg list should be public and in with the rest of the stats under the ffr the game tab (but that's another discussion).

                              The biggest step forward would be figuring out a collapsible list for the side bar, that'd make this discussion (as well as the other one about forum topic display) a lot less of a discussion and/or problem.

                              Comment

                              • iironiic
                                D6 FFR Legacy Player
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 4342

                                #30
                                Re: Show who is on FFR MP on front page

                                Originally posted by i love you
                                To be honest, I would not know how to resolve this other then adding some kind of code that limits a user on how much they can update their profile before their username gets disregard on the "latest profiles" page.

                                Not sure how this would be done though.
                                I was thinking about just letting them appear once on the front page for a half hour or more. They are still able to make changes to their profile, but they won't be on the front page if they update it more than once within the 30+ minutes.

                                For those who posts the same avatars or something ridiculous like that... I don't know what to do about that. Ban them or something >:]

                                Comment

                                Working...