Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • awein999
    (ಠ⌣ಠ)
    • Oct 2007
    • 4647

    #16
    Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

    except for jacks no I don't,
    Originally posted by Staiain
    i am super purple hippo

    Comment

    • SKG_Scintill
      Spun a twirly fruitcake,
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2009
      • 3877

      #17
      Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

      I always do





      Originally posted by bluguerilla
      So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
      ___
      . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
      . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
      .

      Comment

      • smartdude1212
        2 is poo
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2005
        • 6687

        #18
        Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

        damn, I lift even for jacks and I still do relatively well

        Comment

        • Garquillex
          FFR Veteran
          • Oct 2005
          • 965

          #19
          Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

          Wow, my PA has increased by 25% now just after becoming accustomed to not lifting my fingers up. It was really wonky at first, getting lots of boos and misses, but now it feels like a large difference.

          Edit: Certain patterns are easier now, but some patterns feel harder. Even generic left hand double jacks are giving me goods for now.
          Last edited by Garquillex; 08-5-2009, 10:03 PM.

          Comment

          • alexdestructions
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2007
            • 1757

            #20
            Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

            Only on fast speed patterns and on wrist-jacking patterns.
            Originally posted by who_cares973
            playing with your cock is anything but easy. its really hard to keep a hard-on because of what you're doing. when i was playing with my penis i had to keep a porn video playing on the side so i could maintain a decent erection throughout the song.
            Originally posted by xferrarix
            actually i go under 1.2 million dollar funding to figure out whos bs in stepmania. i analyze the score using super bs technology along with buying thousand dollar cameras to understand bsing methods further. but thanks you were close!

            Comment

            • customstuff
              ♥C.S. + A.M.♥
              • Nov 2006
              • 4892

              #21
              Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

              I lift all the time.

              Originally posted by MrMagic5239
              Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
              Originally posted by customstuff
              Originally posted by MrMagic5239
              welcome to D6

              start playing

              Comment

              • syzergy
                FFR Veteran
                • Jun 2007
                • 448

                #22
                Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                if im doing streams or other steps that arnt to difficult i wont life my fingers but when i play the intense stuff i will.
                Originally posted by Triplex72
                Usually my enormous penis is in the way, so that's what I'm stuck staring at...
                Originally posted by roundb0x
                absolutely nothing wrong with this

                i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5

                Comment

                • stavie33
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 1925

                  #23
                  Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                  if you mean after hitting a note yes
                  It's getting better all the time
                  I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
                  The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
                  You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
                  Turning me round (Oh Oh)
                  Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

                  Comment

                  • who_cares973
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 15407

                    #24
                    Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                    i stop lifting my fingers at 240bpm streams and 180 js

                    Comment

                    • Nightfirecat
                      ...back from the dead.
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3213

                      #25
                      Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                      I lift a lot on slow songs, a little on others.


                      [My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

                      AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
                      Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
                      Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

                      2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
                      1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament

                      Comment

                      • [TeRa]
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2007
                        • 9922

                        #26
                        Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                        Always lift my fingers off the keys.
                        Last edited by [TeRa]; 08-6-2009, 12:27 AM.

                        Comment

                        • ice_lazer3
                          ICE ICE BABY
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 173

                          #27
                          Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                          I only lift my fingers for slow patterns. For relatively fast stuff to crazy fast patterns I slide my fingers on the keys because otherwise I can't keep up with the speed.

                          Comment

                          • rushyrulz
                            Digital Dancing!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 12985

                            #28
                            Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                            I lift on Reality. I need mah keytaps and I'm not faster when I'm silent. Although, my keytaps aren't loud, I'm not a slam down on the keyboard kind of player for the exception of the Blue Rose jump section because I tend to transition jumps better when I hit hard. So a moderate lift (about 1/4 inch above the keys) is probably a good place to be.


                            Comment

                            • championanwar
                              Ask Nuro! x3
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 2588

                              #29
                              Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                              I just lift at the end when I've made an achievement, at the end of a song. . . .

                              Originally posted by aperson
                              all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
                              aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
                              aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
                              Click Here

                              Comment

                              • TC_Halogen
                                Rhythm game specialist.
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 19376

                                #30
                                Re: Do you lift your fingers up off of the keys when playing?

                                There's a point where it becomes really difficult to do patterns while lifting your fingers off of the keys. Personally, my hands just stay unlifted on my KB once the streams start getting faster then 220 BPM (in 16th notes).

                                Comment

                                Working...