How would you feel if these were in FFR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • i love you
    Live a wonderful life~
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2006
    • 7315

    #16
    Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

    I fully agree with Plan. I think FFR should not have any changes that has to do with scoring, xmods or anything that would affect FFR gameplay. Nowadays, FFR judges have been accepting more dump files into this game which is already making FFR more like Stepmania. I can fully understand as to why they are accepting harder files into the game which is simply because of how much people have improved over the past year or so. If people want those kinds of features, then they should just go play Stepmania and leave FFR out of it.

    awein999: Personality, I think "Tier Points" will be the most accurate scoring system FFR is going to offer unless if some genius figures out something even better that could make the scoring system the most accurate but I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon or ever. Yes, I know there are still many things that makes FFR and SM different even if those features were added but then FFR just won't be the same anymore. By the way, how do you know that just about everyone in FFR wants to see the scoring system changed? You don't know that, in fact, I have only seen a small factor of the FFR community who would agree about that.

    As for this thread, I think the search box would be a neat feature but then again, the page numbers are still pretty useful.

    PS: I will also like to mention that this is only my opinion and thoughts about this and that i'm not trying to offend or cause a huge postwhore agruement about some silly topic obivously.
    ===============================
    The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
    ===============================

    Comment

    • awein999
      (ಠ⌣ಠ)
      • Oct 2007
      • 4647

      #17
      Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

      Originally posted by i love you
      I fully agree with Plan. I think FFR should not have any changes that has to do with scoring, xmods or anything that would affect FFR gameplay. Nowadays, FFR judges have been accepting more dump files into this game which is already making FFR more like Stepmania. I can fully understand as to why they are accepting harder files into the game which is simply because of how much people have improved over the past year or so. If people want those kinds of features, then they should just go play Stepmania and leave FFR out of it.

      awein999: Personality, I think "Tier Points" will be the most accurate scoring system FFR is going to offer unless if some genius figures out something even better that could make the scoring system the most accurate but I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon or ever. Yes, I know there are still many things that makes FFR and SM different even if those features were added but then FFR just won't be the same anymore. By the way, how do you know that just about everyone in FFR wants to see the scoring system changed? You don't know that, in fact, I have only seen a small factor of the FFR community who would agree about that.

      As for this thread, I think the search box would be a neat feature but then again, the page numbers are still pretty useful.

      PS: I will also like to mention that this is only my opinion and thoughts about this and that i'm not trying to offend or cause a huge postwhore agruement about some silly topic obivously.
      ok it's cool, either way ffr is awesome
      Originally posted by Staiain
      i am super purple hippo

      Comment

      • Oni-Paranoia
        No fucks
        • Dec 2006
        • 2440

        #18
        Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

        - Percentage scoring (Combo having no weight)
        /ITG rip
        Also would effect the entire current scoring system

        - Multiple difficulties per song
        /Like every other rhythm music game

        - The Song List having a search box
        /Are you that lazy?? Theres a list drop down, alphabetically ordered (or difficulty)

        - In multiplayer, being able to select the other player's "circle", which would automatically select/load the song they're looking at.
        /That would be annoying, say you didnt want the song your opponent picked but they clicked it for you before you can say anything.

        - For FFR to have visual BPM changes (As in, the notes will actually change speed mid-song, not just the timing. Stops would freeze the arrows in place)
        /DDR, ITG etc tec rip
        I also would own every and any X-mod song

        Comment

        • dood gone krazee
          RATOOOOOOOOO
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2007
          • 1939

          #19
          Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

          Originally posted by kirjautunut
          - Multiple difficulties per song

          i wouldn't like to play all songs like 5 times to keep my average under 70
          One of the reasons I left FFR. People here are so bent on keeping their average and overall ranks below a hundred that they have to play every song to do so. Hell, I want the percentage scoring and multiple difficulties. I want harder songs period, stuff like Dew's Shind Bad and Comme le Vent in FFR. Problem is that it would be deemed "too hard for FFR" because you can't full combo it. Notice how everyone mashes RATO? Because they want the FC so that their average rank is lower. Its just stupid to be totally honest.

          I have nothing against the staff. Just the game. Meh. I mean its fun but the people here are just... indescribable.
          -4th Official Tournament Expert Divison Champion-

          Originally posted by Sir_Thomas
          Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
          Originally posted by robertsona
          I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

          "[++] 9/10
          Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"

          Comment

          • Plan_Bsk81127
            snooches
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2007
            • 6420

            #20
            Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

            Originally posted by dood gone krazee
            Notice how everyone mashes RATO? Because they want the FC so that their average rank is lower. Its just stupid to be totally honest.
            ya, i dont like this either. I had to mash just to get my rank in the top 200, but it would be so much better if they were non mash scores, would make it more of a challenge.

            Then again, being able to mash is what make FFR different, so we just have to deal with it.

            Comment

            • lxDestinyxl
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2006
              • 3247

              #21
              Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

              Originally posted by i love you
              I fully agree with Plan. I think FFR should not have any changes that has to do with scoring, xmods or anything that would affect FFR gameplay.
              I agree with this statement. Percentage scoring would definitely have a drastic affect upon gameplay and community opinions. If somebody asks you 'what are the differences between FFR and SM', the initial thought which comes upon peoples minds is that FFR has combo weighted upon the scoring system, while SM does without. However, it would be a neat idea to have a percentage based upon your accuracy displayed at the end of every game, which will NOT affect your score. Just like your score percentage against the number #1 score, it will be a percentage based on your accuracy.

              Multiple difficulties per song is an unnecessary feature, and again, links back to the features of SM. The only time this could be useful is having a token to support your second difficulty of the same song. There would also not be enough songs to sustain interest, rather, people will continue to 'replenish' the already-created list of simfiles.

              As to the third and fourth ideas, I would like to see the song-selection feature a smart-search listing option. Your multiplayer suggestion is also something I would like to see implemented into the game.

              FFR containing BPM changes is a definite no from me. It can attract too much poor-quality files, as well as people concentrating on BPM changes and what-not. Again, it is an SM feature which would change people's opinions and views upon FFR.

              My views, my opinions, feel free to comment, agree or disagree to my thoughts.

              Comment

              • Conorn
                Lord of the Tea Republic
                • Jan 2007
                • 856

                #22
                Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                percentage scoring - would be cool, better for finding out whose scores are better
                multiple difficulties per song - naw, too much wasted space i think, rather have more easy/hard songs than the same one, then you get some variety in your play.
                song list search box - i suggested this like a year ago, and got some followers. so **** yes!
                multiplayer idea - yeah because some aseholes don't tell you which page the song is on (i have encountered it quite a few times)
                BPM changes - hahahahah no thanks, i wish every song was ON SYNC!

                oh by the way, thanks for outline adamaja (copied your post to fill in) :]
                Yep.

                Comment

                • qqwref
                  stepmania archaeologist
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 4092

                  #23
                  Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                  I STRONGLY don't want BPM changes. There's a reason I use cmods when I play SM. I really feel that the gameplay is less gimmicky that way and I do know that a lot of files were not made with the intent that they would be played without cmod (for instance TGWP Part 3 which goes from 21 to 230 BPM... clearly that's not intended to be played on xmod, but rather it's for timing purposes so that notes which really represent quarter or eighth notes or whatever will be colored correctly.)

                  As for the whole changes post... nothing which drastically changes FFR's scoring or gameplay should ever happen in FFR R1, because then all current scores would have to be removed. I don't think I have to bother explaining why that would be a huge problem.

                  EDIT: Oh yeah, also multiple difficulties for every song is a bad idea IMO because it would just force good players to AAA several versions of every song for a good rank. However, it would be cool to have easier versions of a few of the hard songs (DP? RATO? FFLBF? maybe a version of CP with rolls instead of wtfjacktrills?) but of course you'd have to find people to step those.


                  DGK: So, wait, you're expecting that everyone would somehow go by the honor system and just not mash? Think about it reasonably... if I can get a higher rank on RATO by mashing to get 300 combo and 100 misses instead of 20 combo and 500 misses, then I'm going to, and you don't have to be hell-bent on improving your average rank to have a similar opinion. I think you really have a problem with the fact that FFR's combo and scoring system ALLOWS players to mash a FC out of stuff like Lolo. If you do, and you still want to play FFR, then the solution is to just not care about your rank on a song. I'm sure you realize that anyone good who looks at your scores on a song will be much more impressed by a run with very good PA and a few misses than by a mashed FC, even if the FC has a better rank.

                  Anyway... people who don't have the speed to combo dump files still have the right to play them. I mash on SM too, if I get to a part of a song that I know I don't have the skill to read or hit. That doesn't make my score worthless or somehow immoral, it just means I suck more than you do. (I WISH I could go through RATO without mashing. Really, I do! But I don't have the speed, so that's not an option.)
                  Last edited by qqwref; 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM.
                  Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                  Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                  Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                  Comment

                  • virus003
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 1822

                    #24
                    Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                    BPM changes ****ing suck.

                    Originally posted by XUioX
                    too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
                    Originally posted by roundb0x
                    i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
                    Originally posted by who_cares973
                    stop back seat modding its annoying

                    Comment

                    • Oni-Paranoia
                      No fucks
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 2440

                      #25
                      Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                      Originally posted by dood gone krazee
                      Notice how everyone mashes RATO? Because they want the FC so that their average rank is lower.
                      RATO is a stupid file, it deserves to be mashed and not taken seriously.

                      But yea, average and overall rank don't mean anything. Like ~Zero~, his overall and average rank are no where near what they should be.

                      His average would be 1 if he wasnt so lazy to AAA all the gay 10s and below.
                      Overall rank is just stupid... e.g.

                      "oh look i hav 20 billion points and it took me 5 years get it that high, and im rank 2!! but i cant AAA a FMO yet"

                      EDIT:
                      Originally posted by virus003
                      BPM changes ****ing suck.
                      Your dad fu*king sucks

                      EDIT2: hi virus

                      EDIT3: @qqwref
                      Rolls are from ITG, notice how freezes don't exist?? they can be implemented in the game at that. Unless it was like a Punp freeze converted to a roll, therefore making it so when the player hits the roll there combo goes up, but then trillers and jackers just need to trill the hell out of it and have the highest score, making the game more stupid. the end
                      Last edited by Oni-Paranoia; 04-14-2009, 10:45 PM. Reason: edit 3 is my last =P

                      Comment

                      • Quasar889
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 79

                        #26
                        Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                        Is it just me, or didn't DGK step RATO?
                        Why is he hating on his own song?

                        Comment

                        • dore
                          caveman pornstar
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 6317

                          #27
                          Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                          All of FFR's files are intended for cmods (I assume) so implementing BPM changes at this point would be dumb. I like the concept because it opens up a lot of options for stepauthors which I am always in favor of (see: every file I've ****ed with the noteskins for fun), but with 3029320924 files in the game having new files have them would be gimmicky, at best.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #28
                            Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                            Originally posted by Goldenwind
                            (NOTE: I'm not asking for them to be put in the game, I'm asking how people would feel if they were)
                            Originally posted by Goldenwind
                            - Percentage scoring (Combo having no weight)
                            Yes.

                            Originally posted by Goldenwind
                            - Multiple difficulties per song
                            Nah.

                            Originally posted by Goldenwind
                            - The Song List having a search box (Type in "s", it'll only list songs that begin with that letter. Type in the full name, only your song comes up, etc)
                            Been mentioned, really hard to code, not to mention an additional screen will have to be coded when you misspell a name, or something to that extent, but yes.

                            Originally posted by Goldenwind
                            - In multiplayer, being able to select the other player's "circle", which would automatically select/load the song they're looking at.
                            YES. Best idea on here.

                            Originally posted by Goldenwind
                            - For FFR to have visual BPM changes (As in, the notes will actually change speed mid-song, not just the timing. Stops would freeze the arrows in place)
                            No.

                            Comment

                            • qqwref
                              stepmania archaeologist
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 4092

                              #29
                              Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                              Originally posted by Oni-Paranoia
                              EDIT3: @qqwref
                              Rolls are from ITG, notice how freezes don't exist?? they can be implemented in the game at that. Unless it was like a Punp freeze converted to a roll, therefore making it so when the player hits the roll there combo goes up, but then trillers and jackers just need to trill the hell out of it and have the highest score, making the game more stupid. the end
                              If you're talking about my CP comment I meant the > ^ v < > ^ v < type roll patterns (usually for 32nds, see Hajnal, CRASH the Beat, or RATO) which are really easy to hit despite being twice as fast as the comfortable stream speed. So that way it could still be technically accurate and have all the notes, without being harder than a mid-high FMO. Instead of an impossibly fast section it would be about as hard as the 16th jacks around 400 combo (i.e. easily combo-able).
                              Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                              Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                              Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                              Comment

                              • ZC_Wolfy
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 384

                                #30
                                Re: How would you feel if these were in FFR?

                                - Percentage scoring (Combo having no weight) - Meh, maybe. I don't really see any point in changing FFR's Scoring system at this point.

                                - Multiple difficulties per song - No.

                                - The Song List having a search box (Type in "s", it'll only list songs that begin with that letter. Type in the full name, only your song comes up, etc) - I personally think the FFR song list is convenient enough.

                                - In multiplayer, being able to select the other player's "circle", which would automatically select/load the song they're looking at. - YES.

                                - For FFR to have visual BPM changes (As in, the notes will actually change speed mid-song, not just the timing. Stops would freeze the arrows in place) - Nah, same as changing the scoring system, it's a bit late to implement it.


                                "BURN IN HELL, MOTHER ****ER!!! I am not retarded, okay. Oh, and one more thing. Even if we do plant twice as many trees as we cut down, which we don't, let me remind you, that TREES TAKE YEARS TO GROW, NOT DAY
                                S!!!" -
                                SaguchiTheCat

                                "*Twinklesky* makes me want to skip through a forest while playing a pan flute. And then all the little forest creatures will start dancing behind me." - Quigly

                                "I would link you to these great video demonstrations of good vibrating but I think I would get banned for it. D=" - Quigly

                                ZC's Birthday tournament - Signups are open and donations are greatly needed D:

                                Comment

                                Working...