If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coolgamer
    Old-School Player
    • Sep 2003
    • 677

    #31
    Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

    Wow, pretty clear winners here so far. It'd be neat if it actually happened.

    I would have included Dendrite, Hellbeat, and Story of the Snowman and Sunshine Girl (One of my favorites from the early years), but they already have remakes. I say, why stop there? Let's get them all up there. Tokens or otherwise, even support token if it means I get more of the artist's music.




    Originally posted by Synthlight
    St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?

    Comment

    • Silver_Brian
      ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Apr 2005
      • 5576

      #32
      Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

      This has long been a goal of mine. It apparently went unnoticed, but I did attempt to submit TfB v2. If you look at my stepped songs, I've done Emotions v2 and SSSG v2, which I thought needed resteps. One of these days I might look into fixing up my TfB v2 and resubmitting. >_>

      Originally posted by Moogle-master
      i now have another excuse to grow a dick
      Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
      "i've seen your little boy's penis"

      Comment

      • somethingillremember
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2007
        • 106

        #33
        Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

        I would go with OMW and re-step it the same exact way so it could have pretty colors instead of just blue.

        Comment

        • sc979
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 1644

          #34
          Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

          Originally posted by somethingillremember
          I would go with OMW and re-step it the same exact way so it could have pretty colors instead of just blue.
          umm... This happened already.
          ...

          Comment

          • hi19hi19
            lol happy
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Oct 2005
            • 12194

            #35
            Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

            Originally posted by jimerax
            Terror From Beyond - repetitive but would be a decently hard song due to high BPM/rhythms of drums.
            Get on the Move - no thanks
            136.6 - basically simple trance, just somewhat ethnical.
            Euphoria - meh this is way too repetitive
            Salad for Your Tuesday - apparently this song has potential for jacks.
            Massive (ffr remix) - it would make repetitive jumpy file
            SkellyBones - would be a decent file with BPM changes
            Soul Shift (ffr edit) - this shouldn't be a hard file IMO
            Breaking the Common - could be a hard file with stepping bursts but I doubt this needs a v2
            Pwnd - doesn't exist
            This, pretty much. A lot of the problem with getting old songs restepped is that the songs themselves just have so little potential. I'm doing Revolutionary Etude (so far, it's a collab along with dag12 and a couple other people) and at least that has potential to be a good song. But there are few others.


            Though I suppose if Pwnd did exist it'd be the best choice of them all


            Comment

            • somethingillremember
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2007
              • 106

              #36
              Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

              Originally posted by sc979
              umm... This happened already.
              Wait, where? It looks like all the arrows are blue still to me.

              *EDIT* Ahh, thanks Jim! I was confusled.
              Last edited by somethingillremember; 10-10-2008, 05:32 AM. Reason: Found the answer

              Comment

              • jimerax
                ★★★★★
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2003
                • 8185

                #37
                Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                I'm doing Revolutionary Etude (so far, it's a collab along with dag12 and a couple other people) and at least that has potential to be a good song.
                I tried to do Revo before but gave up because the rhythms of background piano are so inaudible for me.
                It's really cool if Revo v2 is actually done.
                Songs like Caprice, FOTBB, Rondo are doable.. and Molto is pretty easy to redo.

                Originally posted by somethingillremember
                Wait, where? It looks like all the arrows are blue still to me.
                Minute Waltz V2

                Comment

                • Coolgamer
                  Old-School Player
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 677

                  #38
                  Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  This, pretty much. A lot of the problem with getting old songs restepped is that the songs themselves just have so little potential. I'm doing Revolutionary Etude (so far, it's a collab along with dag12 and a couple other people) and at least that has potential to be a good song. But there are few others.


                  Though I suppose if Pwnd did exist it'd be the best choice of them all
                  A lot of them have potential to be decent medium difficulty songs. Some more so then others.




                  Originally posted by Synthlight
                  St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?

                  Comment

                  • Netjet!
                    Sic itur ad astra
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4701

                    #39
                    Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                    Originally posted by jimerax
                    I tried to do Revo before but gave up because the rhythms of background piano are so inaudible for me.
                    It's really cool if Revo v2 is actually done.
                    Songs like Caprice, FOTBB, Rondo are doable.. and Molto is pretty easy to redo.


                    Minute Waltz V2
                    If I ever get SM back on my computer, I might re-attempt molto, because my version sucked (I didn't know what the F4 button did, or what BPM changes were :/). A V2 for it would be okay.

                    Also, revo v2 would be nice, but the background shouldn't be used. There should be a different one, or just black, IMO.
                    RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                    Comment

                    • virus003
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 1822

                      #40
                      Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                      Originally posted by funmonkey54
                      skellybones. I hate the steps.
                      The steps, and the name annoy me. D:

                      Originally posted by XUioX
                      too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
                      Originally posted by roundb0x
                      i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
                      Originally posted by who_cares973
                      stop back seat modding its annoying

                      Comment

                      • Coolgamer
                        Old-School Player
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 677

                        #41
                        Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                        Originally posted by virus003
                        The steps, and the name annoy me. D:
                        What's wrong with the name? I like the background on it though. Keep it if possible.




                        Originally posted by Synthlight
                        St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?

                        Comment

                        • who_cares973
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 15407

                          #42
                          Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                          i wnt to see PWNED D:

                          Comment

                          • george123456789
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 28

                            #43
                            Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                            All of the original songs need to be restepped, and remove or get new backgrounds, IMHO.

                            Comment

                            • Flaming_Dingleberry
                              Everybody gets one.
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 1008

                              #44
                              Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                              Terror From Beyond FMO nao.

                              Wtf is PWNED!?
                              Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 10-23-2008, 01:01 PM. Reason: because wtf is PWNED!?
                              ~ 2nd Official FFR Gamewhore

                              ~ 1st Official FFR Butthole

                              Comment

                              • Coolgamer
                                Old-School Player
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 677

                                #45
                                Re: If you could have any classic FFR song restepped...

                                Originally posted by Flaming_Dingleberry
                                Terror From Beyond FMO nao.

                                Wtf is PWNED!?

                                PWNED! does not exist, and as a non-existent song it is classified as a legend, nay, a myth of FFR.

                                Unless you've been around here for about three or more years.




                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?

                                Comment

                                Working...