x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • behanjc
    stargroup & me are <3'ers
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2006
    • 1546

    #16
    Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

    Originally posted by Cj_leonine
    wouldn't that mean it'd be like a C1200~ish equivalent? Oh never mind, I don't play it fullscreen.
    In the metrics.ini file if you have the default set to 2x I think it doubles everything. So C400 for you is really C800. Could be your problem.

    http://www.facebook.com/BehanOfficial
    https://soundcloud.com/behanmusic/powerhouse-ep-preview-out-now

    Comment

    • Sprite-
      HAVE ME WITH VODKA
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2005
      • 7317

      #17
      Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

      i play ffr 1.25x and sm C600. they both work fine for me. (i play sm windowed)

      Comment

      • ~HentaiXXX~
        Banned
        • Apr 2007
        • 2955

        #18
        Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

        Same here Sprite, windowed just feels right, when I make it full screen it just bothers me.

        Comment

        • TK_Breed
          Backstreet for Life!
          FFR Music Producer
          • Dec 2006
          • 356

          #19
          Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

          Originally posted by behanjc
          In the metrics.ini file if you have the default set to 2x I think it doubles everything. So C400 for you is really C800. Could be your problem.
          nah thats just the default speed it scrolls at. 2x being 2 times the files original bpm



          ~Breed~

          Comment

          • 6 p01nt3d*st@r
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2007
            • 1120

            #20
            Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

            For me it's..
            SM=c700-800
            FFR=almost all the time 1.75x

            Together there about the same because I don't play SM full screen if it makes any diffrence.

            Comment

            • Cj_leonine
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2005
              • 2070

              #21
              Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

              I'll check that out the next time I play. I don't get on all that often and it's not really that big of a problem. I never use the Cmods.
              Status: Innactive Onehander

              Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

              Comment

              • Koltasquick
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 67

                #22
                Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                except the window for FFR is much smaller. you're playing c650 on a fullscreen. ffr is clearly not a fullscreen. so at 525, it's still a shorter period of time on the screen.
                Exactly. I know nailing it to a specific Cmod number is pretty difficult, but the closer I can get to x1.75 on FFR, the better.

                For reference I play both full screen.


                Comment

                • behanjc
                  stargroup & me are <3'ers
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 1546

                  #23
                  Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                  Originally posted by TK_Breed
                  nah thats just the default speed it scrolls at. 2x being 2 times the files original bpm
                  I believe it's in this thread http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...t=75008&page=2

                  http://www.facebook.com/BehanOfficial
                  https://soundcloud.com/behanmusic/powerhouse-ep-preview-out-now

                  Comment

                  • brothaice
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 2940

                    #24
                    Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                    c575 Windowed.

                    Comment

                    • jugglinguy
                      Use me as a porta-potty
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 4319

                      #25
                      Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                      I use C610 on SM, and use 1.75 on ffr
                      Originally posted by Jem
                      Jem is my name. No one else is the same!

                      You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.

                      Comment

                      • Relambrien
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 1644

                        #26
                        Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                        C525 SM, 1.5x FFR.

                        SM windowed at 1280x1024. I run at 1680x1050, so I can't make it fullscreen without making everything fat

                        Comment

                        • Shamo0
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 424

                          #27
                          Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                          Hmm i Use 1.75 and liek c600~ in stepmania and it feels pretty equal

                          Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
                          Join Date: Sep 2003

                          Comment

                          • Coolboyrulez0
                            VICES
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 10042

                            #28
                            Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                            I play:

                            C600 on SM (Fullscreen)
                            X1.5 on FFR

                            I think I should switch too x1.75

                            CBR
                            https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                            https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                            Comment

                            • Seinken
                              FFR Player
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 146

                              #29
                              Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                              I play c900 in sm and 2.0x still feels too slow, 3.0x is too fast =(


                              VCs SMARTASS

                              Comment

                              • TS_SonicMaster
                                FFR Lolicon
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 1257

                                #30
                                Re: x1.75 speed in FFR is equivilent to how fast in Stepmania?

                                c900 SM on full screen, 2x on FFR, if there was 2.5x I'd most likely use that.

                                Comment

                                Working...