Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5401

    #16
    Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

    I will now use my 1,000th post to tell you this secret:

    When I was about to inter a DDR tournament agesnt everybody on DDRecall.com (I know they're not the best, but at the time I never AA ANYTHING) I played alot of SM, and then found FFR. By perfecting my timing on SM/FFR, I quickly become a much better player. I made my first 4 AAs in that tourny, and placed 7th out of 30 people when only a week ago I would've been 27th or something.

    FFR/SM FTW!!!
    ​

    Comment

    • dead_juggalo
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2005
      • 633

      #17
      Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

      That makes absolutely no sense. I play a lot of FFR and I'm still good at ITG/DDR. And for the losing balance, just grab the bar.


      Originally posted by Synthlight
      My father-in-law called me yesterday to tell me he lost the internet. If you find it, please PM me.

      Cheers,

      Synthlight

      Comment

      • alster1
        What is this I don't even
        • Sep 2006
        • 948

        #18
        Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

        i really dont think that is true... i played ffr and now i can get Bs on challenge on ddr

        Comment

        • SUTA
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2006
          • 178

          #19
          Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

          i only play ddr like once a month and i know ffr is helping me read arrows, 2 times ago i had so much trouble on max 300 heavy but last time it was alot easier(still hard but not as hard) and i do play ffr/sm atleast once a day. so in short no ffr doesn't ruin ur DDR unless u don't play ddr 4 a while.

          Comment

          • Shashakiro
            TWO THOUZAND COMBO
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2005
            • 9082

            #20
            Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

            I started on Standard and was playing Heavy within a week. With about 8 months of FFR/SM experience.

            How many people without FFR/SM/general music game experience got to Heavy that quickly?

            Well?
            4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

            Originally posted by Boogiebear
            use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

            Comment

            • brothaice
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2005
              • 2940

              #21
              Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

              Originally posted by Triplex72
              I'd say it would make you better with learning patterns, arrows locations, etc.
              Ditto. My thoughts exactly.

              A little off topic note: i think that playing SM makes you better at FFR and, FFR makes you better at SM. Because of the different timings (it being easier to make a Perfect on FFR than a Marvelous on SM).

              Comment

              • SPplayer76
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2005
                • 1

                #22
                Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

                I've played DDR waaay before I started playing FFR, but even after playing FFR for a while, I'm still the same, hack, I'm actually better at DDR now!

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5401

                  #23
                  Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

                  Originally posted by Shashakiro
                  How many people without FFR/SM/general music game experience got to Heavy that quickly?

                  Well?
                  A couple of friends of mine did that, but since I play FFR/SM I get WWAAYY more perfects then them....all about timing!
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • xxxsamurideeperkyoxxx
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1

                    #24
                    Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

                    yeah that is true you get ust to playing with you your fingers you suck with your feet

                    Comment

                    • Nick_S_199
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 225

                      #25
                      Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

                      Originally posted by xxxsamurideeperkyoxxx
                      yeah that is true you get ust to playing with you your fingers you suck with your feet
                      Are you even sane?

                      Comment

                      • FRANKKK
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 1802

                        #26
                        Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

                        Originally posted by xxxsamurideeperkyoxxx
                        yeah that is true you get ust to playing with you your fingers you suck with your feet
                        not even close for me, it makes me wayy better just because everythings so much easier for me to read.



                        Full combo's: 230
                        AAA's: 75
                        Latest AAA: Lesson.
                        Best AAA: Firestorm.
                        GameWhore Clan
                        "Team Mom's Been Whoring" hahaha.

                        Comment

                        • GamerShadow
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 2534

                          #27
                          Re: Friends think playing ffr will make you worse at ddr

                          Originally posted by xxxsamurideeperkyoxxx
                          yeah that is true you get ust to playing with you your fingers you suck with your feet
                          Uhh... you need a brain check.

                          I haven't played DDR in a year, and I can still play on Standard/Heavy without failing.
                          Note to self Finish.

                          Comment

                          Working...