Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Doug31
    Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2004
    • 6811

    #31
    Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

    Also, I thought his computer couldn't take screenshots. Massive failure.

    Comment

    • BPM guy
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 308

      #32
      Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

      Hmmm. Let's see about bipolar on the web.

      A major mood disorder in which there are episodes of both mania and depression.

      And also, I suck at jumping jacks too, but it doesn't make the game unfun if you miss them all the time.
      The kid with the smarts

      Originally posted by Shashakiro
      and if you don't do it peacefully your an ass
      lol

      Comment

      • kentbball
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2006
        • 675

        #33
        Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

        No fadsfadfafdsfafdsfsfadsf1 cant take screenshots.

        but buddy fadsfsdaddsfadasfdafsdasd2 has never said anything about his computer not being able to take screenshots.

        Wait a minute. Since when was there 2 of em?

        EDIT: lol at ^jumping jacks.

        Comment

        • Doug31
          Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jun 2004
          • 6811

          #34
          Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

          Umm, maybe since when he made another account?

          Comment

          • kentbball
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2006
            • 675

            #35
            Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

            oh lol omg i get it its the same person :O

            Comment

            • Doug31
              Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jun 2004
              • 6811

              #36
              Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

              You just figured that out?

              Anyway, look what I found in fdsfadsfdsfsadfds2's profile:
              :I A'd MAX 300 when I was 11 years old with no bar, seriously, I was in a tournament at that time with high school kids. I am at least older than 13 now. I am ffdfadsdasd's friend and I use the pad with this file. Don't listen to ffdfadsdasd when he says that ffdfadsdasd is his 2nd account.
              LOL!!!

              Comment

              • Shashakiro
                TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2005
                • 9082

                #37
                Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

                we have a definite candidate for DotY '07 here.
                4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                Originally posted by Boogiebear
                use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                Comment

                • Dronak
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 601

                  #38
                  Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

                  As already noted, the songs here are designed to be played on a keyboard with your hands/fingers. If you use your feet on a dance pad instead, you should expect to have a lot of trouble.

                  On the subject of jumps, I'm kind of in the middle. They can be used to add some variety to songs and help keep things from getting too boring and/or easy. These I don't mind so much, even if I can't hit them well or at all. If I can hear how they fit the music, it's OK with me. Sometimes I can't though, and those I don't like as much, but that could just be my inability to read hard songs well. Jumps can also be used, somewhat artificially, to increase the difficulty of songs. I'm not a big fan of throwing in jumps just to make things harder, but if done well, I suppose it can work. There are certain patterns involving jumps that I really don't like right now, particularly the single-double-single-double-etc. and streams of jumps, and I'd probably be happier without them, but I don't think those will disappear either.

                  With practice, getting the jumps should become easier. Harder patterns will take more practice to get, but eventually you should start to get them, too. Until I do get some of the patterns with jumps, I'll probably continue to dislike them, but just because some people don't like jumps or jump patterns doesn't mean they'll go away.

                  Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
                  One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
                  Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95

                  Comment

                  • Doug31
                    Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 6811

                    #39
                    Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

                    If I could just get rid of any pattern I wanted, it would be jacks. My next choice would be trills. Although, even though I don't like these patterns much, and I'm really bad at them, I still do believe they should remain in the game. It's pretty much the same thing with jumps, except I don't see them as nearly as bad.

                    If you really want to push for this, your best bet would be having a no jumps mod in 3rd style, like there is in SM, but removing all the jumps from all the FFR songs isn't going to happen.

                    Comment

                    • itmorr
                      Custom User Title
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 1498

                      #40
                      Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

                      I voted yes ;O




                      Originally posted by jwcgator
                      (12:31:27 AM) jwcgator2: I got it! I'll write an auto-procrastination program!
                      (12:31:33 AM) jwcgator2: meh, i'll make it later

                      Comment

                      • stlunatic0124
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3228

                        #41
                        Re: Jumps ruin the fun of this game....

                        didnt you AAA fotbb or something

                        Comment

                        Working...