Song Of The Week Is Here

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #16
    Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

    Hey.

    How about for the next song that's added we get one that's fun to play rather than technically challenging?

    Ex: something like Bubble Bobble Hillbilly Rodeo. Something which focuses on fun factor more than making the song hard.

    Comment

    • alainbryden
      Seen your member
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2003
      • 2873

      #17
      Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

      I just do what I like without going a step off the beat. If you heard the higher bitrate version, it's full of layers you can't hear here. Coherence is most definately not the issue here.

      I personally think it's one of the funnest files I've ever made. It would seem unfortunate that my taste in fun is so different from some of yours, but that's the way it goes. I made many considerations for indexers, but I by no means am about to cater an entire song for them. Every pattern except 2 were indexer friendly, and I attempted to make about half of the transitions indexer friendly.

      Notice that it would have been mind-numbingly simple to make another Lovely Lovely Lovely out of this.
      Last edited by alainbryden; 06-8-2006, 09:43 PM.
      ~NEIGH

      Comment

      • stlunatic0124
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2005
        • 3228

        #18
        Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        How about for the next song that's added we get one that's fun to play rather than technically challenging?
        Love me or whatever and Hyper Pressure were fun to play and not challenging.

        and lol snapps

        Comment

        • Shashakiro
          TWO THOUZAND COMBO
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2005
          • 9082

          #19
          Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

          Hyper Pressure was pretty challenging if you ask me.
          4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

          Originally posted by Boogiebear
          use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

          Comment

          • GuidoHunter
            is against custom titles
            • Oct 2003
            • 7371

            #20
            Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

            Song = ****ing awesome.

            Steps, well, I don't care about those too much since I'm not that good. I'm with Afro on this one, but I have no problem with making files for better people.

            Hot damn I love this song. Been waiting to see it on FFR for a while, too.

            --Guido


            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

            Comment

            • stlunatic0124
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2005
              • 3228

              #21
              Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

              How can you think it's challenging if you AAA'd it like 13 times in 15 tries?

              Comment

              • Shashakiro
                TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2005
                • 9082

                #22
                Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                It's a fast song that noobs can't do.

                And it was 12 in probably like 30 tries.
                4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                Originally posted by Boogiebear
                use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                Comment

                • terence1357
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 304

                  #23
                  Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                  song = 9/10
                  steps = 4/10
                  k

                  Comment

                  • Omegix
                    free tsutter
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 883

                    #24
                    Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                    The song was ok, but the steps were not that great.

                    Comment

                    • sleeplessdragn
                      ~Bang that beat Harder~
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 2321

                      #25
                      Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                      I can't believe how much the FFR engine compresses the music. The original file had a bitrate of 128 I think, and that sounds like 64.

                      Comment

                      • MCRenaissance
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 1646

                        #26
                        Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                        Originally posted by sleeplessdragn
                        I can't believe how much the FFR engine compresses the music. The original file had a bitrate of 128 I think, and that sounds like 64.
                        Yeah I noticed that on a couple of simfiles. Oh well. Flash mebbe not that great to run songs.

                        Comment

                        • lightdarkness
                          Summer!!
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 11310

                          #27
                          Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                          To all the haters: We can't please everyone, if you continue to complain, I'll give you a file to step, and then you can be flamed by the community.

                          As for the bitrate, flash compresses it so that it can be easily streamed, and so it can conserve bandwidth.

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #28
                            Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                            Originally posted by alainbryden
                            I just do what I like without going a step off the beat. If you heard the higher bitrate version, it's full of layers you can't hear here. Coherence is most definately not the issue here.

                            I personally think it's one of the funnest files I've ever made. It would seem unfortunate that my taste in fun is so different from some of yours, but that's the way it goes. I made many considerations for indexers, but I by no means am about to cater an entire song for them. Every pattern except 2 were indexer friendly, and I attempted to make about half of the transitions indexer friendly.

                            Notice that it would have been mind-numbingly simple to make another Lovely Lovely Lovely out of this.
                            Yeah. The problem isn't the file really. It's a good file for that type of file, and I'm sure it goes to the song great.

                            I just meant that it seems to focus more on technically difficulty when the majority of players (I'm talking everyone, even those who don't participate in the community) would probably prefer something where difficulty is secondary and the steps are made just to be funn, even for those who aren't technically profficient (most of the people who play FFR "suck" compared to the average person who posts in threads like these).

                            The song is probably to blame for the steps, really. Not that the song was bad (musically, I thought it was a great song), but the steps that it forced for it ended up being not very fun (which would probably be the case no matter who stepped it, since if someone made dumbed down steps for it, it'd sounds stupid with crazy music and weak steps).

                            Really, this type of file is more fitted for SM, in my opinion. I think FFR should just have more stuff more like Just Died.

                            I'll give you a file to step, and then you can be flamed by the community.
                            You know I'd love to help out

                            I'm sure you wouldn't want any of the crap I'd put out though. My old files weren't exactly what I'd call "great," and I haven't even touched any of my WiP files in months. I'm not afraid of flames, but I really wouldn't want to sully FFR's good name.

                            Actually, I did have at least 1 file in the works that I planning on submitting to FFR. Maybe I'll get my **** together and finish it.

                            Comment

                            • Silver_Brian
                              ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 5576

                              #29
                              Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                              Song 8/10, just because it's not my personal favorite, but it's still an awesome song. Excellent job there.

                              Steps 6/10 It seemed easy enough for me, though I can see where indexers would have problems. Again, not the greatest steps, but still much better than most of the stuff out there.

                              Originally posted by Moogle-master
                              i now have another excuse to grow a dick
                              Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
                              "i've seen your little boy's penis"

                              Comment

                              • c117
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 236

                                #30
                                Re: Song Of The Week Is Here

                                Originally posted by lightdarkness
                                To all the haters: We can't please everyone, if you continue to complain, I'll give you a file to step, and then you can be flamed by the community.
                                FFR sucks, now let me step a file <_<
                                Balloon Fever is beautiful and natural.

                                Comment

                                Working...