Song of the week - Hanabi

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pumble
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2005
    • 1301

    #16
    RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

    The song really dissapointed me. It kept seeming like it was going somewhere, but it just stayed in the same place practically looping. It's a shame, because what is there sounds nice.

    Steps were decent enough, but this isn't a song that i'll be playing all that often. I'm waiting for something as awseome as dot death was to come along.

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #17
      RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

      Song was great. Steps were great. Everything was great.

      Finally, Tank managed to make steps that I can play on index without trouble.

      Comment

      • bobbycat73
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2004
        • 339

        #18
        RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

        Boring.
        aids

        http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

        Comment

        • Cj_leonine
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2005
          • 2070

          #19
          RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

          Originally posted by snapps
          I like how everything is in the Dance section.
          ROFLROFLROFLROFL

          I liked the song. That's all im gonna say.
          Status: Innactive Onehander

          Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

          Comment

          • talisman
            Resident Penguin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2003
            • 4598

            #20
            RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

            forgot to mention that I definitely heard som M83 in there with those eighths.

            Comment

            • RainGame53
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 61

              #21
              RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

              boring (both the songs and the steps).

              Comment

              • Kashazu
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2005
                • 291

                #22
                Song-Bleh.
                Steps-Two feet overrated, but fun
                I am a Global Moderator on a dead forum

                Hay; how are you, fine. Lets do the tango? for real. is the sky blue.

                Comment

                • ToshX
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 5111

                  #23
                  Meh, it was ok. I didn't like where the jumps were placed, and how the song ended at a 967 combo rather than just a flat out 1000. Otherwise, it was fun.

                  Comment

                  • Cerrac
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 3

                    #24
                    Not a fan of any of the artists songs. But the steps where nice...

                    Comment

                    • User6773

                      #25
                      Riddle me this, Batman!

                      Remember the news post where Synth mentioned that I came to him with the idea for 3rd Style because 2nd Style simply wasn't getting the job done anymore?
                      And, isn't a complete interface overhaul the only confirmed feature for 3rd Style?
                      Now, what are some of the huge major problems with 2nd Style's interface?
                      Could it be that the difficulty system is broken?
                      Could it be that the genre system doesn't work anymore when all the songs are in Dance?
                      Now, if Synth and the boys were overhauling FFR, would they fix those problems or leave them alone?

                      Questions. Questions that will never be answered.

                      Comment

                      • cloud321
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 823

                        #26
                        I personally liked the song and the steps. I think I placed 4th or 5th in highscores.

                        AAA's:83

                        Comment

                        • jewpinthethird
                          (The Fat's Sabobah)
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Nov 2002
                          • 11711

                          #27
                          Re: RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

                          Originally posted by talisman
                          forgot to mention that I definitely heard som M83 in there with those eighths.
                          I'm a fan of M83.

                          It seems a lot of people have been saying the same thing, that the music is too repetative. Personally, I like the song, but I have a bias since I created it. But I will consider revising the song to make it less repeative. The title of the song "Hanabi" means fireworks in Japanese, it is supposed to reflect a fireworks show I saw in Japan, hence it is just a constant build up, then a climax. Like that of a fireworks show.

                          But honestly, I can't stand to listen to Hanabi right now. I must have listened to the song at least 50 times (well, more or less loops of certain sections of the song, but you know...it all sounds the same) a day for an entire week working on it. So I am taking a break from Hanai.

                          Any more input on how to improve the song would be appreciated.

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

                            more emotion, more dynamics (volume changes and stuff), I dunno. I don't want to suggest things that turn a decent chill song into a cheesy progressive trance song...

                            Comment

                            • iggymatrixcounter
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 1924

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Hanabi

                              First time I played it I hated everything about it. Still cant FC it after 5 days but o well. I love the doubles mixed with the 16th runs. I dunno it just keeps me awake during the song. Song was average, wouldn't put it on my playlist but since the steps were awesome I'll keep playing it.
                              lastfm
                              PANDORA

                              Comment

                              • zeplinfan911
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 208

                                #30
                                i love this song its my new fav great beat great steps it got everything



                                13 AAA's
                                Average: 464.82558139535

                                Comment

                                Working...