Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Weedmark
    FFR Veteran
    • Aug 2009
    • 1196

    #16
    Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

    Stinger's fine at 91. It's certainly harder overall than System Doctor. I don't think it belongs in the 80s. It's just a good, fast, non-gimmicky hard file for once.

    Devil's Staircase should probably be 73+ but it's a bit padded, so I don't know. You would think a rating would reflect the parts of the song that threaten a AAA or an FC or good PA or a pass, since like, DOIII that's difficulty. But FFR is erratic about how it rates and sometimes just ends up adding the hard parts to the fluff and dividing by two. Based on the parts of this chart that actually affect the outcome, it's much higher than 70, but I mean, it could stay there, I don't know.

    Cuthtroat is FFR acting like gimmick 32nd walls aren't a total crapshot to PA again, as is tradition, but since it's only 1:35 I guess it can have the corecore treatment and sit a few slots below its real difficulty.

    Best song musically this week is Stinger, with Devilz Staircase right behind it and the others very very distant. On second thought, I'm listening to Enchanting Venus again... and it aint so distant. This song is really sick.

    Cuthtroat is decent too, but it badly needs some kind of lead over it. Like, a couple of duelling shakuhachi or something haha don't ask me. Right now it's just breakbeats dot wav. Very GOOD bb.wav, but not enough foreground.

    LWIX is garbage. The other Lawn Wakes as well as Bulb's other song this week demolish it. It just shows how even a genius like him can make a dud. Note: I am only talking about the song. The chart is just fine. A little too hard for me to score on though haha.

    Luv Can Save U is like, I don't want to be all over bmah again, but this is pretty mediocre song choice. Like, pop my collar and grab my fedora and pickup artist literature and Acqua Di Gio, I'm listening to Luv Can Save U! I'm sorry bmah, the chart is perfect, of course, but not even you can make this sound good X_X. Hideki Naganuma, please change your stage name to DJ Usherfan so I don't accidentally listen to you.
    Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 03-8-2013, 09:15 AM.

    Comment

    • Plan_Bsk81127
      snooches
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2007
      • 6420

      #17
      Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

      The D1/D2 chart were prob the only decent charts, the rest were horrible.

      Comment

      • DossarLX ODI
        Batch Manager
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2008
        • 15013

        #18
        Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

        Going to stinger, most of the scoring difficulty comes from bad frame splits and weird transitioning into jumps.

        I understand that a good chunk of the file has parts that could be hit as jumps, but with how it's structured, it's usually better to just do it normally. This was a big problem with DIST SQUAD too -- 48ths that looked like they were supposed to be hit as jumps, but bad traps right before or after them made it better to just roll them.

        @Eze: A difficulty thread would probably be appropriate for this.
        Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 03-8-2013, 12:14 PM.
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

        Comment

        • iironiic
          D6 FFR Legacy Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2009
          • 4342

          #19
          Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

          Played D3-D6. Keep in mind that these reviews are my opinions of the files so please don't take too much offense.

          D3: Song is awesome. I think this file has so much potential to be fun, but the steps did not reflect that fully.

          D4: Ehh.. the framers on the 48ths are a bit too nasty and the general steps are uninteresting. I am not fond of the song either since it felt like there were only random beats and a monotone chord.

          D5: Patterns are gross, song is bland and uninteresting, steps are wtf. There were so many 64ths, which should have been 32nds in my opinion, but because there are way too many colors, it makes this file annoying to play.

          D6: Steps are okay if I could actually hit them. Not fond of the ending at all. Song is meh.

          Comment

          • One Winged Angel
            Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2007
            • 10837

            #20
            Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

            Originally posted by EzExZeRo7497
            Yeah, I feel that it would compare with some of the other 89s such as Magical 8bit Tour and Almost There, probably a notch under AQD, which is a 92. I don't know what the others would think though, haha.
            AT and M8BT are both 91s now though.

            I'll play the file sometime soon (haven't played with frame tweaks yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a 90 now. I really wouldn't go any lower than that though.


            Originally posted by ilikexd
            i want to be cucked by cirno

            Comment

            • Dynam0
              The Dominator
              • Sep 2005
              • 8987

              #21
              Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

              I find Stinger a lot like Eclipse (Solar) in scoring/difficulty. I would rate it at a 90 only because the intensity is fairly constant throughout the whole song making it significantly harder NPS-wise (lots of places to accumulate goods/misses) where Eclipse really only has the one heavy part with the abundance of mini-jacks adding that extra difficulty point making it 89.

              LWXI is awful, get someone who can make difficult files properly. Some of those patterns are absolute shit and seem like little thought was put into them.

              Cutthroat is alright, the 32nds get a little overbearing by the end, I'd personally rate this an 80 but that's just me.

              Devil's Staircase was great save for the beginning which was a little awkward but gj

              D1/D2 files were good/smooth to play.

              Comment

              • TC_Halogen
                Rhythm game specialist.
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2008
                • 19376

                #22
                Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                Originally posted by iironiic

                D4: I am not fond of the song either since it felt like there were only random beats and a monotone chord.
                welcome to my idea of breakcore? It was my first and only song that I ever created like this, haha

                Comment

                • iironiic
                  D6 FFR Legacy Player
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 4342

                  #23
                  Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  welcome to my idea of breakcore? It was my first and only song that I ever created like this, haha
                  Understandable (: Keep in mind that I generally dislike breakcore, so I am a bit biased Sorry if I insulted your work or anything.

                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #24
                    Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                    oh I don't give a crap lmfao, I shat that song out of my ass and never tried that genre again, haha

                    Comment

                    • EzExZeRo7497
                      ⠀
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 6858

                      #25
                      Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                      Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                      AT and M8BT are both 91s now though.

                      I'll play the file sometime soon (haven't played with frame tweaks yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a 90 now. I really wouldn't go any lower than that though.
                      I was referring to when AT/M8BT were 89s (before the scale change), my bad for phrasing it wrong.

                      But yeah, I think that Stinger would fit pretty well with the other 91s.

                      ps i hate cutthroat now fck u alex

                      Comment

                      • AlexDest
                        good hot
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 5309

                        #26
                        Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                        Originally posted by EzExZeRo7497
                        ps i hate cutthroat now fck u alex

                        Comment

                        • bballa48
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 1496

                          #27
                          Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                          Originally posted by AlexDest
                          I will say this as nicely as possible....

                          but I hate all of your files

                          I just don't like rigid rolls... if that makes sense.

                          You are still awesome otherwise though!
                          "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                          Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                          Comment

                          • Jonlovesddr
                            h
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 1631

                            #28
                            Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                            i think hagolen is purposely picking really hard ass songs for D3 because he wants me to prove the worth of the almighty logitech K120

                            Comment

                            • EzExZeRo7497
                              ⠀
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 6858

                              #29
                              Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                              Originally posted by Jonlovesddr
                              i think hagolen is purposely picking really hard ass songs for D3 because he wants me to prove the worth of the almighty logitech K120
                              Why bother if he already hauled ass on his own K120

                              Comment

                              • t-rogdor
                                tane orb
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 2685

                                #30
                                Re: Official Tournament Round 7 Song Discussion

                                This thread's collective tears are delicious
                                Originally posted by cetaka
                                I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                                Comment

                                Working...