Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SC_coolguy44
    Harmonoize
    • Sep 2007
    • 1041

    #16
    Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

    Here is my review on this week's songs. It's been a really long time since I've done these reviews.

    Ball of Malt v2: Finally there is a better version of the song. The file was alright, not Dossar's best. I think Dossar is better at stepping the overly difficult stuff.
    BW Shitennou-sen: This is a really cool remix. The stepfile is average though.
    I'm A Monster: This file just isn't my cup of tea.
    Posers Listen To Fakebit Music: Uh...what is this?
    Soulcrusher: The 24ths in this file were somewhat annoying. Otherwise, it was a fun file to play.
    Twister: This was probably my favourite file this week. Even though I suck at the types of patterns in that file, I had a really good time playing it.

    Comment

    • Xx{Midnight}xX
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2007
      • 8548

      #17
      Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

      Ball of Malt v2*
      Step Artist: DossarLX ODI


      Mleh a file to forever be played once then forgotten.

      BW Shitennou-sen
      Step Artist: MarioNintendo

      Not feelin' this one Mario the hands bother me.

      Also this is certainly higher than a 65 lol good joke difficulty guys

      I'm a Monster
      Step Artist: Coolboyrulez0

      The charting choices made here are just all over the place. Like honestly I'm somewhat confused why you did certain things, but that's more than likely just me so w/e

      as a side note for a screaming metal group, nice song choice.

      Posers Listen to Fakebit Music [veteran song: will be released to the public in 1 week]
      Musician: Kommisar

      There had to be an outright bad chart this week, I suppose it's got to be this one. A pity 'cause the song's neat

      Soulcrusher
      Step Artist: megamon88

      Burst caught me completely off guard but this was a pretty damn good chart dude I enjoyed it.

      Twister [veteran song: will be released to the public in 1 week]
      Step Artist: SKG_Scintill

      Bear my children. Easily one of the few charts that if I gave it a score out of ten, it'd actually be considered to be a 10.

      This chart over took holy Orders as my personal favorite in game.

      Comment

      • DossarLX ODI
        Batch Manager
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2008
        • 15013

        #18
        Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

        Originally posted by bballa48
        Club is a 70.
        AIM Anthem's rating is also really low. It makes no sense to me how those two files have such high AAA counts when you consider scores on other jacking files
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

        Comment

        • Poison-
          Nope
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2010
          • 3772

          #19
          Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

          Holy Orders is still way better, sorry.

          Comment

          • AlexDest
            good hot
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2007
            • 5309

            #20
            Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
            Posers Listen to Fakebit Music [veteran song: will be released to the public in 1 week]
            Musician: Kommisar

            There had to be an outright bad chart this week, I suppose it's got to be this one. A pity 'cause the song's neat
            It's all I found to step unfortunately.

            You'd get better charts and song choices from me but every song I step for FFR are just generic and terrible.

            Comment

            • Razor
              Dan "Razor" Devilz
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2004
              • 1606

              #21
              Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

              ~too generic~
              Originally posted by FFR Forum Awards
              Best FFR file from 2013:
              3rd: Retro City
              Originally posted by Choofers
              I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.

              Comment

              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 8548

                #22
                Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                Originally posted by Poison-
                Holy Orders is still way better, sorry.
                No sorry you're completely wrong

                like

                I can't explain how wrong you actually are

                just know that you're wrong.

                Edit: I don't even care if you were joking

                Comment

                • 25thhour
                  I like max
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 2922

                  #23
                  Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                  Posers Listen to Fakebit Music:

                  What the fuck? I thought this was okay, untill those weird ass shit parts came in. Wtf bad
                  r bae adam bae max bae bridget bae claudia bae trevor bae adam2 bae mayo bae keith bae

                  Comment

                  • Poison-
                    Nope
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 3772

                    #24
                    Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    No sorry you're completely wrong

                    like

                    I can't explain how wrong you actually are

                    just know that you're wrong.

                    Edit: I don't even care if you were joking
                    Opinion bro, opinion.

                    Comment

                    • iironiic
                      D6 FFR Legacy Player
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 4342

                      #25
                      Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                      Twister twisted my heart <3

                      Comment

                      • igotrhythm
                        Fractals!
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 6535

                        #26
                        Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                        Posers reminds me in a really nasty way of Flamingo. Maybe the ending of NNT.

                        Agreed about Soulcrusher being placed low on purpose to avoid a rush of oni gets once people figure out the 48th section (eh, 24ths at double bpm, whatever). Holy hell.

                        Twister--ermahgerd. So many colors. Made me wish for the return of the heart noteskin.

                        BW: YES. VERY YES.

                        Haven't played the others. This new ST gives people a reason to poke around in the Legacy genre, which is good or bad depending on how you feel about newbies poking objectively trashy files.
                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                        Comment

                        • Xx{Midnight}xX
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 8548

                          #27
                          Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                          Originally posted by Poison-
                          Opinion bro, opinion.
                          I know I know

                          I'm just excited as heck

                          ask Bmah how many times I yelled at him for Twister not hitting the game

                          I'm sure he kept count

                          Comment

                          • Shouka
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 382

                            #28
                            Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                            Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                            AIM Anthem's rating is also really low. It makes no sense to me how those two files have such high AAA counts when you consider scores on other jacking files
                            I think it's because AIM Anthem and Club test only one skill. They are also very easy to read.

                            Comment

                            • qqwref
                              stepmania archaeologist
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 4092

                              #29
                              Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                              Twister is fucking beautiful. That is all. Not really much to say about the other charts, they're all aite, nothing stood out for me as amazing or terrible.

                              Originally posted by bballa48
                              Never will I ever understand how people consider these types of songs hard, yet Club is a 70.
                              Pretty sure Club and AIM are just files that you either can do or you can't. If I was the only person in the community they'd be around the 90 range, not even kidding.
                              Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                              Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                              Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                              Comment

                              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 8548

                                #30
                                Re: Songs of the Week (December 8, 2012)

                                Originally posted by qqwref
                                nothing stood out for me as amazing or terrible.
                                In order: Megascorcher / Fake Bit Music Is For Posers or w/e it's called

                                Comment

                                Working...