Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Xx{Midnight}xX
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2007
    • 8548

    #31
    Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

    I'm not sad I bfed it due to length.

    It's the chart.

    Comment

    • popsicle_3000
      Legendary Noob
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2005
      • 4642

      #32
      Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

      yeah, i know. was same for me

      Originally posted by One Winged Angel
      39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
      Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
      one way to stream them all
      Originally posted by Xiz
      Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

      But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
      Originally posted by thesunfan
      replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
      Originally posted by reuben_tate
      Title: Popsicle Three

      Thousand the farthest
      He's gone in an official
      Whoop hip hip hooray!
      Originally posted by U.N. Owen
      kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

      @popsicle_3000:
      Danger incoming
      The popsicles are melting
      Three thousand of them
      Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
      you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

      dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
      friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
      dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
      friend: hey bro can i tell you something
      dynam0 yeah man whats up?
      friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
      dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
      friend: thanks man
      dynam0: no problem man
      Originally posted by One Winged Angel
      pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
      Originally posted by Xiz
      Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

      Comment

      • bmah
        shots FIRED
        Profile Moderator
        FFR Simfile Author
        Global Moderator
        • Oct 2003
        • 8448

        #33
        Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        MLP Medley: bpm change made it weird, but I guess that's just him being creative.
        Not at all being "creative". It's just being sensible. If the song's rhythm dominantly sounds like it becomes twice as fast, you double the BPM. It isn't rocket science. If you thought it was, then I'm afraid of how many other charts you may have misinterpreted as a "creative choice".

        Comment

        • Xx{Midnight}xX
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2007
          • 8548

          #34
          Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

          Originally posted by bmah
          Not at all being "creative". It's just being sensible. If the song's rhythm dominantly sounds like it becomes twice as fast, you double the BPM. It isn't rocket science. If you thought it was, then I'm afraid of how many other charts you may have misinterpreted as a "creative choice".
          Nice small pokes in there, you should sharpen that stick you're using, it's rather dull.

          But what you made it sound like wasn't "rocket science" you made it sound systematic and that you'd do it every time, which probably isn't the case at all. If it was, I'd fear for what certain charts look like.

          I said it was a creative thing because honestly, the song to my ear doesn't warrant the change. I'd have left it alone where it was. It just sounds like the main part of the song finally kicked in.

          Comment

          • Netjet!
            Sic itur ad astra
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2008
            • 4701

            #35
            Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

            Internet Heroes - I liked it, actually. The song is pretty cool in my opinion and while the file might be overstepped, it flowed well to me with all of the percussion and lyrics in the background.

            Galaxy - I laughed at the "this is not dubstep" part. Good file, liked it. The little minijacks were a good touch too.

            Mabi v2 - I can see what you were trying to do with the 192nds (white notes?) in the intro/ending, but I don't think they were really needed. Regardless I thought the file was good (maybe a bit too many jumps in the first half - the middle where some weren't needed).

            Colibri - Well it's definitely out of my skill range but I thought that some parts were too layered (the last minute or so had a lot of stuff that seemed too dense for the music). The file was okay, and I'd probably appreciate it more if I was better at the game.

            BF2014 - I really dislike this genre of music (the singing!! sorry guys :<) but the file was really well done. I enjoyed it even though the singing was annoying to me. q:

            MLP Medley - This was a really fun chart! I liked it when the BPM doubled to the faster pace of music, nice touch.

            Really good batch of songs this week! I'd say the best in my opinion would be Galaxy (close though), and my least favorite of the week would be Colibri (sorry :<).
            RIP Steve Van Ness <3

            Comment

            • bmah
              shots FIRED
              Profile Moderator
              FFR Simfile Author
              Global Moderator
              • Oct 2003
              • 8448

              #36
              Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

              Framer issues for Mabi V2 has been fixed now! (thanks Dossar!)

              Comment

              • popsicle_3000
                Legendary Noob
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2005
                • 4642

                #37
                Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

                i was wondering what was the deal w/ that song. thought it was just something w/ me

                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                one way to stream them all
                Originally posted by Xiz
                Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

                But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
                Originally posted by thesunfan
                replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
                Originally posted by reuben_tate
                Title: Popsicle Three

                Thousand the farthest
                He's gone in an official
                Whoop hip hip hooray!
                Originally posted by U.N. Owen
                kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

                @popsicle_3000:
                Danger incoming
                The popsicles are melting
                Three thousand of them
                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

                dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
                friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
                dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
                friend: hey bro can i tell you something
                dynam0 yeah man whats up?
                friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
                dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
                friend: thanks man
                dynam0: no problem man
                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
                Originally posted by Xiz
                Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

                Comment

                • I like it
                  Housekeeper
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 2123

                  #38
                  Re: Songs of the Week (October 27, 2012)

                  w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/ w/

                  Comment

                  Working...