Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AlexDest
    good hot
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2007
    • 5309

    #46
    Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

    maybe middie is just allergic to rhythm and hates to admit it

    Comment

    • DissonantMuse
      FFR Veteran
      • Oct 2010
      • 756

      #47
      Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

      "My Half" is a great file, major props to Choofers for this one. In my opinion this is how FGOs should be stepped. Awesome releases this week!

      Comment

      • Choofers
        FFR Player
        FFR Music Producer
        • Dec 2008
        • 6205

        #48
        Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

        Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
        Finished fixes, bmah or jimerax are going to take a look at it soon
        t.hanks !!
        (o:


        Glad to see people are enjoying My Half, I actually stepped it a couple years ago (this is why it's a pretty straightforward file). The huge gap near the beginning is a minefield in the sm chart, that spells out a fun little phrase. I tried stepping the strings there but I absolutely hated how it turned out, so I kept it note-free.

        Rotary Slicers owns. Playing the others soon.

        Comment

        • MaxGhost
          FFR Veteran
          • Feb 2008
          • 2141

          #49
          Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

          Am I crazy to think Rotary Slicers is a low FGO? It's mega hard to PA past the half way point, and pretty damn hard to FC too. I consistently get better scores on FGOs than this, and basically every FMO score I have is better. I'd put it on FN level, if not a bit harder.

          Comment

          • One Winged Angel
            Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2007
            • 10837

            #50
            Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

            It has a lot of pretty solid scores for only being out for a day, but I definitely think it's more difficult to PA than songs like FN

            Agreed


            Originally posted by ilikexd
            i want to be cucked by cirno

            Comment

            • Choofers
              FFR Player
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2008
              • 6205

              #51
              Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

              fun song fun song fun song broken fingers

              Comment

              • popsicle_3000
                Legendary Noob
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2005
                • 4642

                #52
                Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

                beyond the summer has to be one of the hardest 7s in game...

                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                one way to stream them all
                Originally posted by Xiz
                Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

                But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
                Originally posted by thesunfan
                replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
                Originally posted by reuben_tate
                Title: Popsicle Three

                Thousand the farthest
                He's gone in an official
                Whoop hip hip hooray!
                Originally posted by U.N. Owen
                kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

                @popsicle_3000:
                Danger incoming
                The popsicles are melting
                Three thousand of them
                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

                dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
                friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
                dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
                friend: hey bro can i tell you something
                dynam0 yeah man whats up?
                friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
                dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
                friend: thanks man
                dynam0: no problem man
                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
                Originally posted by Xiz
                Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

                Comment

                • MaxGhost
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 2141

                  #53
                  Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

                  Can we get some more discussion about Rotary Slicers difficulty? I can't see how this is an FMO. It's an insanely fast file, really really hard to PA, pretty hard to FC without mashing some of the bursts, I'd put it at around Sparkle Downer or Jamais Deux level.

                  Comment

                  • popsicle_3000
                    Legendary Noob
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 4642

                    #54
                    Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

                    you can start a thread in the difficulty subforum?

                    Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                    39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    one way to stream them all
                    Originally posted by Xiz
                    Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

                    But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
                    Originally posted by reuben_tate
                    Title: Popsicle Three

                    Thousand the farthest
                    He's gone in an official
                    Whoop hip hip hooray!
                    Originally posted by U.N. Owen
                    kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

                    @popsicle_3000:
                    Danger incoming
                    The popsicles are melting
                    Three thousand of them
                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

                    dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
                    friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
                    dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
                    friend: hey bro can i tell you something
                    dynam0 yeah man whats up?
                    friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
                    dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
                    friend: thanks man
                    dynam0: no problem man
                    Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                    pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
                    Originally posted by Xiz
                    Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #55
                      Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

                      Yes you can, but I suggest you hold up on that since there's actually a new difficulty scale being made at the current moment. It'll be publicly released soon.

                      Comment

                      • TheSaxRunner05
                        The Doctor
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 6144

                        #56
                        Re: Songs of the Week (April 20, 2012)

                        Originally posted by bmah
                        Yes you can, but I suggest you hold up on that since there's actually a new difficulty scale being made at the current moment. It'll be publicly released soon.
                        I was about to say...
                        When I see a new song, I automatically assume it will be a high whatever difficulty it is. New 7? It's a high 7. New 9? It's a high 9, ect. This is true for this batch of releases. The trend is that the new files are more technical. As files get more technical, we've been raising the bar on what we consider any difficulties (7's, 9's, ect.). It's like continental drift, slowly but surely it inches the upper end of each difficulty into the next, blending together. New songs are harder than old songs, and we're bending the difficulty system to match.

                        Hopefully the new system is an improvement.


                        Comment

                        Working...