Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Plan_Bsk81127
    snooches
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2007
    • 6420

    #16
    Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

    Havent played them yet but from looking at the releases its cool to see XP Start up out, I really enjoy that song. I've played Miss Candy before, still wish it was the jack version over this one.

    Comment

    • MaxGhost
      FFR Veteran
      • Feb 2008
      • 2141

      #17
      Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

      I hate glitchcore, let this be known. I facepalmed when I realized it was Dossar...

      Yay kommi. I liked this file, but it's so hard T_T

      The Ocean, I have to agree with hi19.

      XP theme was slick. I didn't expect the bit we know to be in there the way it was, and when I heard it, I was like "omfg the XP theme is better than I thought, IN THE RIGHT CONTEXT." I hated that bootup sound. Got on my nerves after a while.

      Comment

      • omega_grunt666
        Nescio quid faciam
        • Jul 2004
        • 894

        #18
        Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

        Miss Candy- Nice and short, pretty fun. Though I agree with bmah, DAT OPENING.


        Futsuu- Something about it just clicks with me, its pretty fast but the notes feel right. Managed a technical SDG on the second run (9-0-0-4), Might be my first 11 AAA sometime soon assuming it doesn't get dropped to a 10. (heh)


        XP- Good job on the steps, though I would probably drop the jump at the end. Beautiful song anyways.


        The Ocean- Boo flagged first read, but the file was super enjoyable so I don't mind replaying it at all. I wouldn't say its too overstepped, and the patterns feel pretty solid (at least to me). Probably my favorite from this week.
        Last edited by omega_grunt666; 03-29-2012, 11:39 AM.

        Comment

        • 00Razor00
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2006
          • 3530

          #19
          Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

          i didnt know we had blanket for Jakkenpopp

          mwahahaha


          Originally posted by t-rogdor
          hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

          Comment

          • 00Razor00
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2006
            • 3530

            #20
            Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

            double post because XP Startup Theme was amazing. Good job Netjet!


            Originally posted by t-rogdor
            hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

            Comment

            • woker-X
              .... :.. .:. ::
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2007
              • 1040

              #21
              Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

              Miss Candy - Fun file... and lol with the purple/yellow jumps hahaha

              Futsuu - Loved this song and file (favorite of the week)

              The Ocean - The runningmen near the end are so annoying x.x ... but the rest of the file is really fun

              XP Startup Theme - cute song, nice steps

              Comment

              • ninjaKIWI
                plain old ugly ass dumbas
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2006
                • 3307

                #22
                Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                The Ocean - I thought that the switch to staircases and runningmen fit the progression of the file very nicely. Nice job :')
                Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                Comment

                • benguino
                  Kawaii Desu Ne?
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 4190

                  #23
                  Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                  I thought the switch in pattern choice in the ocean for the 32nds was justified as well. I mean, there are only so many trill combinations you could do before running out, and the file would just end up being stagnant once you start repeating them. The variety in pattern choice kept the file lively for the most part.
                  AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                  Originally posted by Spenner
                  (^)> peck peck says the heels
                  Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                  And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                  Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                  awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                  Comment

                  • Netjet!
                    Sic itur ad astra
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4701

                    #24
                    Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                    Thanks for the positive comments guys! And I meant to take out the jump, sorry :/
                    Last edited by Netjet!; 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM.
                    RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                    Comment

                    • One Winged Angel
                      Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 10837

                      #25
                      Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                      J-Pop, Ambient/Chillout DnB, a Classical remix of an OS startup theme, and Glitchcore

                      +1 for most diverse/oddest batch yet


                      Originally posted by ilikexd
                      i want to be cucked by cirno

                      Comment

                      • alloyus
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3269

                        #26
                        Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                        The Ocean was amazing <3

                        ^FFP_D0pey btw

                        Comment

                        • krunkykai22
                          &lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 5436

                          #27
                          Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                          Now that I'm UNBANNED finally lol

                          Thanks for all the reviews on The Ocean guys The way we had originally stepped it was very repetitive, so Sara had the idea to add in the rolls and runningmen to mix up the chart a little bit. All in all, it flowed much better then we thought

                          Comment

                          • kommisar
                            Dark Chancellor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 7328

                            #28
                            Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                            Thx for da feedback on futsuu.

                            Backstory:

                            The original futsuu no uta file was a rejected smgroove pack 2 file made by kn33grow/dj ossa under some weird alt name. I then picked it up 2 years later from the beta pack and layered it some more for stepmania. 2 more years later I converted it for FFR. This file is a perfect example of how sm files around that era were overlayered for the sake of difficulty. Glad some of you liked it though!

                            Comment

                            • iironiic
                              D6 FFR Legacy Player
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 4342

                              #29
                              Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                              Not bad files this week, but I think I don't have a favorite file in this release :/

                              Miss Candy has good steps but the patterns feel a little too rough to enjoy the file, especially the jumpstream. Plus the song is a little annoying.

                              Futsuu feels a little dense and drains a lot of my energy to enjoy the file. I am also not fond of the song. I can see this being a good file to others though.

                              The Ocean has a good tune, but the staircases and runningmen feels a little aggressive. I would prefer a lenient roll, but there's nothing wrong with the patterns... just my personal preferences.

                              I haven't tried the last file, but I'll get to it one day. I have been too busy working on a math powerpoint.

                              Can't wait for next week's releases! Might not come around to playing though, but we'll see.

                              Comment

                              • emulord
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 778

                                #30
                                Re: Songs of the Week (March 29, 2012)

                                I liked Miss candy + steps. And I thought the beginning trills were the easiest part. I AAA'd them sightread no problem, then mashed the rest haha. I guess i'm just weird.

                                Comment

                                Working...