FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups Closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MasterOfTheTaco
    deer god
    • Mar 2008
    • 377

    #586
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Commandersa1
    Playing on different computers means nothing if you are on the same IP, right?
    i dont know. i think they have different IPs right? or if they share the same internet do they have the same IP? wow. i'm pretty stupid.

    Comment

    • Commandersa1
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2006
      • 2344

      #587
      Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

      Originally posted by MasterOfTheTaco
      i dont know. i think they have different IPs right? or if they share the same internet do they have the same IP? wow. i'm pretty stupid.
      To my knowledge there are two different IPs. One is linked with the computer, and one with your internet. Like all of the computers in my house have the same IP address globally, but each computer has its own IP. I hope I am saying this right. Anyone want to correct/re-assure me?
      Last edited by Commandersa1; 06-4-2008, 03:28 PM.

      Comment

      • Villiex
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2008
        • 327

        #588
        Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

        If you're using wireless, then I'm actually pretty sure it's going to be the same IP for any computer getting access from the router.

        EDIT: Uhhh, about the computer IP thing... I actually have no idea.
        Last edited by Villiex; 06-4-2008, 03:37 PM.
        Originally posted by knuckles2224
        What's does a mental block look like? Is it a bear?

        Comment

        • Soldat_of_life
          FFR Veteran
          • Aug 2007
          • 106

          #589
          Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

          I'm not complaining. I'm actually hoping that time will go faster while I post from time to time. Sorry if it seems like complaining. Usually I lurk...and lurk...and lurk some more. But right now I just felt like writing something. I'm a curious person in general so when I speak up, I often ask myself or others questions. I can also try to guess what will happen.

          Anywho, time is passing and the tournament approaches ever so more :P

          EDIT: My weakness: Repetitive motifs that go by very fast or are closely knit together.

          Poetry Corner

          Comment

          • igotrhythm
            Fractals!
            • Sep 2004
            • 6535

            #590
            Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

            If I remember my computer science classes correctly, each computer is supposed to have a unique IP address. Thus, in theory, the laptop and the Mac will have different IP addresses.

            But meh. I'm thinking the early rounds will have difficulties like 5/7/9/10/11 and go up from there, in which case I'd probably be D3 (while I have FCed 10 footers in the past such as PGO, it took a lot of retries).

            And speaking of PGO...
            *pokes Tass to check the Unrecorded Scores thread in BB*

            Edit: I was discussing this tournament with some of my close friends and an issue came up...should I win money, how would it be sent to me?
            Last edited by igotrhythm; 06-4-2008, 04:10 PM.
            Originally posted by thesunfan
            I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

            Comment

            • Beethovens mask
              FFR Veteran
              • Dec 2007
              • 1569

              #591
              Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

              Originally posted by igotrhythm
              If I remember my computer science classes correctly, each computer is supposed to have a unique IP address. Thus, in theory, the laptop and the Mac will have different IP addresses.
              IP addresses are based upon your router. If you use different computers through the same router, they will both represent the same IP address.
              Originally posted by fastfingers65
              beethoven youre terrible at speaking like a moron

              Comment

              • Commandersa1
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2006
                • 2344

                #592
                Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                1) If I want to connect to a computer on the same network, I could connect via IP address. The IP address you get when you open command prompt and type 'ipconfig.'
                2) If I want to play an online game against someone, I would connect via IP address. The one you get when you go to http://whatsmyip.org/ ...

                Mods/Admins will see the second one. Only you can see the first one. Which means they will see two people playing on the same IP. So you need to choose who will play the tourney, or convince Tass/Sprite to let you both play. I am sure neither of you will place, but whatever. :P
                Last edited by Commandersa1; 06-4-2008, 04:18 PM.

                Comment

                • -paexaea-
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 4611

                  #593
                  Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                  I guess I'm in even though I rarely play FFR.
                  See you, Space Cowboy.

                  Comment

                  • Frozen Beat
                    coLSBMidday, zerg sc2 pro
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 1092

                    #594
                    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                    Originally posted by igotrhythm
                    If I remember my computer science classes correctly, each computer is supposed to have a unique IP address. Thus, in theory, the laptop and the Mac will have different IP addresses.

                    But meh. I'm thinking the early rounds will have difficulties like 5/7/9/10/11 and go up from there, in which case I'd probably be D3 (while I have FCed 10 footers in the past such as PGO, it took a lot of retries).

                    And speaking of PGO...
                    *pokes Tass to check the Unrecorded Scores thread in BB*

                    Edit: I was discussing this tournament with some of my close friends and an issue came up...should I win money, how would it be sent to me?
                    Really? I thought that if you used the same internet router(or whatever it's called), then you have the same IP address...

                    Feel several different pains, before they're colored pure red
                    Make a little chance! Start connecting us into to tomorrow, ready and go!
                    No matter how many times I keep going down, in these unending rounds
                    I'm gonna keep up! We can create hope, it's our story!

                    Comment

                    • Commandersa1
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 2344

                      #595
                      Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                      Originally posted by Frozen Beat
                      Really? I thought that if you used the same internet router(or whatever it's called), then you have the same IP address...
                      I wish someone who knows more about this topic would come in here, and clear some things up. Frozen Beat, read my last post to get a better understanding.

                      @-paexaea-, did you click the sign up button from the first post, or are just planning to post in this thread.

                      Comment

                      • Illyushinist
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 15

                        #596
                        Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                        I signed up for this tournament, but this is my first tournament, and I just have a couple questions on some of the General Rules.

                        When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, I will announce the main song and the tiebreaker song, if applicable. Your goal is to get and submit a higher score on the main song than your opponent.
                        Does this mean that the tournament is a kind of elimination-style?


                        -You can only play the specified main song for that round (assuming the tiebreaker is unnecessary). Rounds will generally be 1 week long (7 days) each unless otherwise noted.
                        Does this mean that I am not allowed to play other songs during the round, at all?

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #597
                          Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                          it is a free-for-all elimination. aka, you have 200 people at the start of the round... and 120 move on to the next round. that means the highest 120 scores will advance, the lowest 80 would be eliminated. as an example.

                          that merely means that you can not attempt to substitute another song for the song you've been given. it is a bit misleading, yes. but, you are free to play any song you want at any time... just you can only submit scores on your division's song for that round.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • emerald000
                            the Mathemagician~
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 1320

                            #598
                            Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                            Well, personally, I am dual-booting XP and Ubuntu, and I have a different IP for each one. So I guess it is a matter of configuration.

                            Comment

                            • Illyushinist
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 15

                              #599
                              Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                              Oooh! That clears up what I needed to know. Thanks Tass. Well, good luck to everyone who's in the tourny. :P

                              Comment

                              • Frozen Beat
                                coLSBMidday, zerg sc2 pro
                                • Nov 2007
                                • 1092

                                #600
                                Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

                                Few will survive the tourtament.

                                And none would escape.

                                Feel several different pains, before they're colored pure red
                                Make a little chance! Start connecting us into to tomorrow, ready and go!
                                No matter how many times I keep going down, in these unending rounds
                                I'm gonna keep up! We can create hope, it's our story!

                                Comment

                                Working...