LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MeaCulpa
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 841

    #31
    Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

    I haven't been on in a day and a bit, and I just submitted a Red Dress simfile. Was it too late, or are you guys not done judging the mini-batch yet?

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #32
      Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

      ok... judging the LoveHateHero files from earlier... not going to bother adding my comments, since they're pretty much identical to jx's.

      Amity (MrPopadopalis) [+?] - not bad for this difficulty, 8th jack pattern isn't cool (potential, or close to 4-framer) though.

      Amity (L) (talisman) [+] - going with vocal, and the most balanced one
      Amity (H) (talisman) [+?] - long 8th jacks, a bit random double placement

      Goodbye, My Love (H) - Ben Speirs [+] - two 4-framers with double but ok, rest is fine.
      Goodbye, My Love (C) - Ben Speirs [+?] - overuse of 4-framer minijack patterns without good reason

      I'll Make it to Brigades (H)/(C) - Ben Speirs [?] - poorly synced, should go with the vocal on some places

      Red Dress (B) (talisman) [<] - heavy is more fun
      Red Dress (H) (talisman) [+]

      Red Dress - Ben Speirs [?] - overall offsync, rhythms don't flow well




      READ THIS IF YOU'RE TL;DR:
      As of now (I have to judge MeaCulpa's submission still), we're going to use these 4 files:
      Talisman's Amity Beginner - 4 footer
      Ben's Goodbye My Love Heavy - 6 footer (not the full song stepped? you sent me an email to fix this.... will update after I play it)
      Talisman's Red Dress Beginner - 2 footer (please change the minijacks! a 2 footer shouldn't have 8th note minijacks)
      Talisman's Red Dress Heavy - 7 footer.

      we'll use the 2, 4, 6 footers in the embedded version, and the 7 footer will be an FFR only release.

      Playing the re-submit by Ben and the MeaCulpa file now.
      RIP

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #33
        Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

        ok. MeaCulpa's FFR version of Red Dress was nearly identical to Talisman's. I'm going to use Mea's, just to have a bit of variety in whose files we use.

        So:
        Red Dress Embed - 2 - Talisman - change the 5 minijacks, please [beginner]
        Amity Embed - 4 - Talisman - good as is [beginner]
        Goodbye My Love Embed - 5/6 - Ben - change the 6 minijacks that cause 4 framers, please. 2 with jumps near the beginning, 4 right at the end. glad you did the full version this time. [heavy]
        Red Dress FFR - 7/8 - MeaCulpa - good as is [heavy]

        didn't play the goodbye my love oni. and the light red dress by meaculpa was just a bit too difficult for what i'm looking for. it's more of a 3 when we need a 2. talisman's fix of his minijacks will work perfectly.
        RIP

        Comment

        • dore
          caveman pornstar
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 6317

          #34
          Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
          complete aside... but dore's submission of Dishwater by Futuristic Sex Robotz is all about skanky pussy and douching. it's pretty damn amusing.
          lol

          Are those lyrics alright for FFR? I figured you'd find it funny, but maybe not appropriate...

          They have some really gratuitous stuff but I know the lyrics are too much on those songs
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

            yea, it'll be fine. i'll just slap a PA on it.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Valtrix
              What am I doing here?
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2004
              • 299

              #36
              Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

              Drugstore, you better get online so we can put our Goodbye my Love stepfile together >_> Hopefully it's not too late.

              EDIT: It seems to late now, already -.-

              Comment

              • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                FFR Player
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2007
                • 559

                #37
                Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                Hey Tass, if I revise the Onis could they get into FFR? Or if I revise the Heavys could they get onto the embed?

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #38
                  Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                  i like the set-up that i have currently.... i'd prefer it if you just fixed up the one.

                  also, you need to sync your files... rock songs generally aren't a static bpm, which created 2 of your 3 to be offsync. also, sometimes it's good to go with the vocals, something you didn't do in any of your files.

                  valtrix: i'd say it's too late for now. but we'll have other rush embed jobs in the future, you can count on that.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                    FFR Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 559

                    #39
                    Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                    i like the set-up that i have currently.... i'd prefer it if you just fixed up the one.

                    also, you need to sync your files... rock songs generally aren't a static bpm, which created 2 of your 3 to be offsync. also, sometimes it's good to go with the vocals, something you didn't do in any of your files.

                    valtrix: i'd say it's too late for now. but we'll have other rush embed jobs in the future, you can count on that.
                    Alright, I'm mailing you new versions of Goodbye, My Love (Heavy and Oni). I've took out all framers in both difficulties. Maybe Oni could be an FFR only like Red Dress Heavy?

                    And also, I thought they were on-sync, but now that you've mentioned it they do seem to get a tad off as the song progresses. Hm. If Talisman puts up his new synching I'll resubmit them just for the normal FFR I guess. But thanks for pointing it out, it'll help a LOAD for later files

                    Also, I follow the vocals sometimes in my files, like when all the instruments die out and you can hear the vocals over everything. I just prefer going for the beat. I'll bear that in mind aswell for later files

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #40
                      Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                      i just noticed that there were a bunch of times throughout the 6 versions of files i played that it would have been better, for whatever reason, to go to the vocals than the guitar or drum.

                      just helpful words of advice for the future.
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • MeaCulpa
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 841

                        #41
                        Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                        It's probably too late for the embedded versions, but are you gonna suggest what to change in the FFR versions of the stepfiles? Or is it nothing too major?

                        Comment

                        • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                          FFR Player
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 559

                          #42
                          Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                          i just noticed that there were a bunch of times throughout the 6 versions of files i played that it would have been better, for whatever reason, to go to the vocals than the guitar or drum.

                          just helpful words of advice for the future.
                          Is that directed to me? Cos if it is don't worry I've taken it on board and the next embed versions (Drugstore has given me a forewarning) will be a lot better

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #43
                            Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                            aight changing the beginner file really quick (guess I'll make them gallops or something).

                            and I'll see what I can do about getting up that sync, will take me maybe an hour max to do both.

                            Comment

                            • BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
                              FFR Player
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 559

                              #44
                              Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                              Originally posted by talisman
                              and I'll see what I can do about getting up that sync, will take me maybe an hour max to do both.
                              Thanks I can give you some credits or something for your troubles if you want :P

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #45
                                Re: LoveHateHero - FFR's 2nd Embedded Player

                                yes, ben, that was directed at you.


                                and i'll be using the 4 files, total. 3 will go into the embed, and all 4 will go into FFR. nada mas.

                                but, as i said, hopefully we'll be having a lot more of these embedded players to bust out.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...