Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
o0nene9i
FFR Player

Exclamation simfiles rated 1? what am i going wrong

hey~
i have noticed that more or less within the space of an hour or so someone has done through a chunk of my simfiles and rated them 1! What am i going wrong, there was not even a comment explaining what they did not like about it and if there was something wrong. If you are doing it for fun or to ruin my simfiles DO NOT DO IT! Its wrecked most of my simfiles with a good rating before and now it has happened again (yes this happened before to me with the exact same thing i come back after an hour and a huge chunk of my simfiles most recently added on ffr have been rated 1 with no comments as to why!)

Here are two of my simfiles that had good positive comments and good ratings before this happened, test them for yourself, do you think they deserve this?:
This one had a rating of 10 now 5.5 because of this:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...p?songid=30683
This one had positive comments and then out of the blue a 1:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...p?songid=30828
If you need more examples or want me to post this links to all of the simfiles this has happened to just say and i will.

Here are i few reasons why someone may rate them 1 and how to solve them:
Song choice - If you do not like the song, simple do not download it.
My stepping style - If you do not like it either say in comments or do not download it.
Banner or background does not display properly - change settings in SM to 1280x768 and they will display fine (i only do banners 418x156 because they are higher quality)
Sim to difficult - practice, get better and try again
Not checked - ffr does this from time to time it does not mean theres something wrong with the simfile.
More than 2 keys at the one time - I do hard simfiles and most hard simfiles you would expect hard patterns this included pressing 3 or more keys at the one time so..in SM go to options and change the keys to something like a,s,up,right.
Video blurry - large high quality videos make SM lag like crazy so small low-ish quality videos are best like most people would tell you.

Im a open person so comments saying what you did not like about, for example, streams, jacks, jumps, patterns. Or if you want to suggest how to make it better instead of going 1,1,1,1,1,1 on all my files tell me either on my profile page or in the simfile comments. Yes i check ffr often for ratings and comments.

Last edited by o0nene9i; 09-15-2008 at 12:55 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: simfiles rated 1? what am i going wrong

Ratings on simfile database have nothing to do with the file quality, so you don't need to take it seriously.

If you really hate the rating, you can delete the file and re-upload it.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Mr. Bob
FFR Player

its because its naruto
nahhh (it might be hehe naruto is awful)
here's a serious review of one of your files. dont complain if a 1 rating is appropriate

Distance
song choice: generic and boring. you could have cut it in half and it wouldnt have been as annoying 2/10
graphics: i couldnt care less 0/0
chart:for starters, the sync is off by at least 1/5th of a second
heavy: same as oni (i reviewed oni first) except without garbage 16ths :P 2.8163871/10 for effort ehh
oni: i can see where you get 1's. what are these random 16ths doing in the beginning? random holds seemingly thrown wherever you feel like, but then again you miss a lot of other spots. layering is poor and inconsistent. jumps dont make sense at times either. 1/10
also lol the stops dont work here rofl
summary:
pick better, more original music.
sync is important. make sure its onsync (heh)
use holds and jumps consistently
overall: 2/10

Yura Yura
song: i also hated this song. plus being at 5 minutes, you should have cut it in half
graphics: again, i dont care about the graphics
chart:pretty boring, it starts off okay but gets really bad with incorrect holds later on. random 16ths again but this one was a bit better overall. 3.4/10

i also noticed in your post that you say that "(i only do banners 418x156 because they are higher quality) [o0nene9i 1]. lol mla
this isn't true at all kwmdlkmw

Last edited by Mr. Bob; 09-15-2008 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
o0nene9i
FFR Player

Quote:
you could have cut it in half
i did, i done the half version first (its a separate simfile) and banners im not good with small banners i usually end up making them really bad T.T

oh yura yura is very similar to distance btw

Last edited by o0nene9i; 09-15-2008 at 01:39 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

votes dont matter lol
Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
o0nene9i
FFR Player

oh yes while im here, irishknight keep your comments to yourself, i have deleted one of your 'comments' from distance and i replied to another comment which isnt very kind, i step these because i like the songs, nothing else, ok...
I only listen to comments like Mr Bobs or positive comments, insulting comments should be kept to the person who thinks that.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
Mr. Bob
FFR Player

edited my first post

its a good idea to always take criticism. it can really help

unless the person is making up garbage of course

forgot one thing:
if you only listen to positive comments, your files will never get better. this applies to anything. take what irishknight said and stop being so up tight about it all

Last edited by Mr. Bob; 09-15-2008 at 02:04 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
irishknight
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0nene9i View Post
oh yes while im here, irishknight keep your comments to yourself, i have deleted one of your 'comments' from distance and i replied to another comment which isnt very kind, i step these because i like the songs, nothing else, ok...
I only listen to comments like Mr Bobs or positive comments, insulting comments should be kept to the person who thinks that.
Being a bit hypocritical, good sir? You wanted an opinion; I gave you one. To put this bluntly, I hate naruto; your files are offsync; you make bad graphics, ugly repetition, pitch relevancy, boo hoo.

Seriously.

Last edited by irishknight; 09-15-2008 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

oh thats why you wanted me to play his files
Old 09-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
o0nene9i
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishknight View Post
I hate naruto; your files are offsync; you make bad graphics, ugly repetition, pitch relevancy, boo hoo.
Seriously.
-.- u hate naruto, fine thats your opinion do not bother downloading it then, simple, off sync are you playing it on ffr, dont all songs are out of sync in the renosance, the off beat is changed to the 2nd measure (since i done stuff for OD they like it to begin there so thats where i begin all my sims that way) and it is hard to get the beat exact when you have to do that, i download the wallpapers and im not the best digital graphics person in the world, i try my best, and repetition sometimes in a simfile theres either a singer, very hard to hear background music or very hard to follow pattern in the background so i have to improvise, red and blue streams is one of the better way to do that in most cases.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Mr. Bob
FFR Player

i know this wasn't directed to me, but i have a close opinion to irishknight's

Quote:
-.- u hate naruto, fine thats your opinion do not bother downloading it then,
just because a person doesn't like the song doesn't mean they shouldn't review it. i hated both the songs yet i gave real reviews :P

Quote:
simple, off sync are you playing it on ffr, dont all songs are out of sync in the renosance, the off beat is changed to the 2nd measure (since i done stuff for OD they like it to begin there so thats where i begin all my sims that way) and it is hard to get the beat exact when you have to do that,,
it was also really offsync in stepmania

Quote:
repetition sometimes in a simfile theres either a singer, very hard to hear background music or very hard to follow pattern in the background
then youre either stepping the wrong music, or you arent experienced enough to step it

Quote:
so i have to improvise, red and blue streams is one of the better way to do that in most cases.
don't do this lol
Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0nene9i
-.- u hate naruto, fine thats your opinion do not bother downloading it then
Refusal to accept criticism of all kinds is the first step to become a bad step artist.

Quote:
the off beat is changed to the 2nd measure (since i done stuff for OD they like it to begin there so thats where i begin all my sims that way) and it is hard to get the beat exact when you have to do that
No it's not.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

ratings matter, ps i have an 8.33 rating on something i put together in less than 5 minutes.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...umphoboextreme
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #14
who_cares973
FFR Player

resonance doesnt like beat offsets so if you dont have any then the file will be on sync in resonance from what i heard

my better days file is on sync on resonance :3
Old 09-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You use pretty much put 8th note stream through the whole song, then put a jump on each lyric, and random add 16th jumpstream runs for no reason. The one file even had some jacks for no reason.

Also, why are you leaving FFR because of this =/
Rating on files is 100% pointless, there are some TERRIBLE files rated 10s, and some amazing files rated like 3s.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 09-15-2008 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #16
o0nene9i
FFR Player

whole thing turned into a remake of ww2 o.0, admins feel free to delete or lock this thread please.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #17
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
resonance doesnt like beat offsets so if you dont have any then the file will be on sync in resonance from what i heard

my better days file is on sync on resonance :3
aaaaAAAaah

I was wondering about that
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #18
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

gave you 1's.

sorry mate.

nerds
Old 09-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #19
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Criticism. Accept it, deal with it. Real life is full of it and they don't care whether you like what they say.

PS: Most of us have been here longer so we kind of know what we are saying or know more.
PPS: Rating in simfile database are unreliable and should not be accounted for when downloading a file to play or critque.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #20
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

i gave him a 1 before he made this topic rofl
he was like YAY I GOT A TEN
and then i rated him a 1