Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
MrPoptart
Steam Id: MstrPoptart
FFR Veteran

Thumbs up Toribash, physics based fighting game.

The Game:

Quote:
Toribash is an innovative fighting game where YOU design the moves! Join us today, and pit your skills against other players all over the world.
Earn credits by winning matches, then customize your character in the store! Trade items with other players. Win prizes in weekly tournaments. Climb the rankings. Earn your own Black belt. Better still: be one of the few who make it to 10th Dan!
Toribash is Addictive! Try Wushu, Sumo, Kick Boxing, Sambo, Swords, Judo and more. Create fighting movies and post them on YouTube. Watch other players fight. Chat with them. Defeat them!
That's just a little "copy-paste" from the website. This is the game I've been addicted to for a whole year. It's a physics based fighting game where you can move the joints on your stick figure guy to create your move, play it for a couple frames and continue editing your moves. It has a steep learning curve, but there are several tips tutorials and once you get used to it, you can rip the opposing stick figure to pieces, literally. You can play online in different modes ("Wushu, Sumo, Kick Boxing, Sambo, Swords, Judo and more") or play different mods made by other users.

The Community
The community is small compared to the FFR community, but most of us are very nice and we usually get to know each other very quickly. The creator and developers actively interact with the community so if you experience any problems or have any improvement idea's they are very fast to help. (there are also no ads on the site =P)

Here is a download link:
http://mrpoptart.on.toribash.com
It's free to download and free to play online. You do need a forum account to play online though, which is also free XD ( I sound like a salesmen -.-)

The reason I directed you to a mrpoptart on toribash link, is because each account gets a "on.toribash" link where we can say stuff and put pics, I chose to put the new version's beta link on mine, so once you download 3.2, you can also get the 3.3 beta =D (don't worry, it's a public beta, it's just hard to find the link) 3.3 is out now! =D

youtube vids:
with shaders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHqB6lEE3Tg

without:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCG2scnf7h4

I've bolded important facts if it's to much and you didn't want to read =D

If you have any trouble or questions PM me or post, sorry for the long post! XD see you there!
If you already play Toribash or just registered post your user name so we can meet up in multiplayer =D

Last edited by MrPoptart; 06-1-2008 at 08:59 AM..
MrPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote