Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-5-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
dvoratexn
FFR Player

Default Okay, you say no commercial songs...

Then hows legend of zelda by System of a Down not a commercial song?

Okay, anyway.

A live recorded and/or improvised solo from an artist that is not used on an album isnt considered copywritten.

Main point:

I would LOVE to see someone get together a travis barker drum solo mix and turn it into a DDR file. Not hard to find, just look up some solo's on youtube and record the song.

go for it!
Old 05-5-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
EDEdDNEdDYFaN
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EDEdDNEdDYFaN
Default Re: Okay, you say no commercial songs...

That's not by System of a Down, it just sounds extremely similar. The artist is indeed The Rabbit Joint.

Old 05-5-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

just because some retard labeled it as by SoaD on Napster back in 1999 does NOT make it by SoaD. What we have is labeled correctly.

feel free to look it up... there are multiple articles about this, how SoaD has claimed multiple times that they did not record it, etc etc.

But... we DO have some commercial artists... Panic At the Disco being the most well known. We've done work for Disturbed, Dashboard Confessional, Kelly Rowland, etc etc. Check our widgets out for a full list of the mainstream artists we've worked with... only a few are in R1, the rest are widget only.

The thing is, in each and every case... we have permission from the artist to use their work. Everything is property of the artist or label or whoever has the copyright.... and they've given us permission to use it.
Old 05-5-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
just because some retard labeled it as by SoaD on Napster back in 1999 does NOT make it by SoaD. What we have is labeled correctly.

feel free to look it up... there are multiple articles about this, how SoaD has claimed multiple times that they did not record it, etc etc.

But... we DO have some commercial artists... Panic At the Disco being the most well known. We've done work for Disturbed, Dashboard Confessional, Kelly Rowland, etc etc. Check our widgets out for a full list of the mainstream artists we've worked with... only a few are in R1, the rest are widget only.

The thing is, in each and every case... we have permission from the artist to use their work. Everything is property of the artist or label or whoever has the copyright.... and they've given us permission to use it.
Actually... SoaD did infact make either this or a parody of this song. A few years ago(me in my nerd years) I DL'd about every video of SoaD and various other artists and one of them was of SoaD singing this song in their studio I suppose it was. I'll try to find the video again for verification.

Old 05-5-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Actually... SoaD did infact make either this or a parody of this song. A few years ago(me in my nerd years) I DL'd about every video of SoaD and various other artists and one of them was of SoaD singing this song in their studio I suppose it was. I'll try to find the video again for verification.

No... Im quite 100% its not them.
The confusion between the two is well known; Like Tass said; SoaD stated they did not record this.

But if ye actually have proof; I wont be able to argue with that.
Old 05-5-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

There's no sign whatsoever to indicate that SOAD has -EVER- done a version of this song for anything remotely approaching actual release. Their complete discography on both WIki and the SOAD official homepage list it nowhere. The official lyrics page lists nothing, and their site message board further makes no reference to it anywhere.

As Tass claimed though I haven't confirmed it, SOAD has made -repeated- claims that they never had anything at all to do with the song.

Edit: Even if, simply because of all the hype and misunderstandings about it, they made a video one time of them singing it for the heck of it, that confers no ownership or rights to the song to them at all, nor does it make the version in the game be not by The Rabbit Joint, so I'm not sure what "Yeah one time they thought it was funny and sang it" even has to do with the discussion at hand.
Old 05-6-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This is like saying Ding Dong Song was by Tass cuz he was a dork and made an April Fools FFR version. Nice job on originally recording the Ding Dong Song, Tass! It's officially your song now!

Old 05-6-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

except we do have permission from Gunther. and, even if we didn't... it was up for 24 hours as a joke on April Fool's Day.
Old 05-6-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Six years into this game and we still have people talking about this?!

Will it never die?
Old 05-6-2008, 04:29 PM   #10
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Are we ever gonna get Captain Jack this year?

- FFR's First and Only CCC -
Old 05-6-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Hey UnkownMan, posting -exactly the same information- as someone else, still postwhoring.
Old 05-6-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UnkownMan Send a message via Yahoo to UnkownMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Hey UnkownMan, posting -exactly the same information- as someone else, still postwhoring.
Wait. Someone already posted that? Ugh. Sorry devo. Deleting post now
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #13
dvoratexn
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDEdDNEdDYFaN View Post
That's not by System of a Down, it just sounds extremely similar. The artist is indeed The Rabbit Joint.
QFT, nice catch dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post

Alright, i hear you. Mistake acknowledged, its not system of a down.

But knowing Travis Barker, he would be more than happy to give you any permission to use his music in this game. He's all about sharing his work with the world.

Last edited by devonin; 05-27-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #14
dvoratexn
FFR Player

bumpity bumpity boo.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #15
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvoratexn View Post
bumpity bumpity boo.
For no ****ing reason too.
Closed Thread