Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
braintrust
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to braintrust Send a message via MSN to braintrust
Default Simfile Revamp II (take 2)

Ok, so since Simfile Revamp disappeared (probably in the hype of the 97 keyboard threads that were being made) and Rebirth apparently gave up on it, I figured I might as well try and get Simfile Revamp off the ground again. The idea is the same as before. Here's the rules (same as Rebirth's, copied from his thread).

Quote:
I'm fairly sure you all know what the rules and requirements are for this but I'll say them again anyway.

- You can step any song you like. DDR songs, ITG songs, and anything else you want to. Song length pretty must be under 150 seconds (2:30). Anything longer won't likely be accepted unless I think its really good.

- With the title "Simfile Revamp" people may think we're making new keyboard charts for some songs, no. This is a pad simfile pack, only pad sims.

- Songs must be unreleased. I won't accept it if its on any simfile database.

- You must have new graphics for your simfiles. recycling old graphics (no matter how good they may be) isn't allowed UNLESS for example Zagh wanted to make pad steps for Another Planet or something. He can recycle and use the original graphics for the pad edit of it only because he made the keyboard version of it. If anyone else steps songs that were originally stepped by someone else, you have to have new graphics.

- Do at least two step charts. Heavy and Oni at least. Beginning through Oni is highly reccommended though.

- Song Difficulties: Beginner through Standard - really easy like the DDR Beginner - Standard steps. Heavy - Would be best if you kept it under an 11 footer for heavy. Nothing super easy either. Oni - Would be best if you made 11 - 13 foot steps for this difficulty. I don't want anything harder than a 13 though. Actually, I don't really mind if your oni steps are 9 or 10 footers, as long as the heavy and everything else is much easier.

That's pretty much it.
I have a few things to add.

- Graphics should be new no matter what. This helps to differentiate from keyboard versions.

- You should have Beginner through Expert for your file. You're oni/heavy will have to be amazing to get in if you do not have any other difficulties.

- Heavy charts should focus on fun factor and be more than an easier version of oni. Same goes for standard/light/beginner.

- Any resteps of DDR or ITG songs will have to be major improvements to be considered. Songs from other music and rhythym games are very appreciated.

- Doubles, Solo, and Couples charts are extremely appreciated. If your sim includes all of these it is a large bonus. I do not particularly care if solo or doubles charts are pretty much variations of single, but being creative with these is desirable. Keep in mind, singles are required, these are optional.

That's it for the rules. There is no limit on # of entries per person or # of included files per person. The pack will be released when 20 files have been accepted unless there is a ton of interest, in which case that number might be expanded.

Judges (no spots open):
Myself
Rebirth

Deadline:

There is none for now, but get those files submitted asap.

Submissions:

PM me or catch me on AIM to submit files. Please submit as zipped folders or .smzips. Make sure that your name is in the folder's name AND in the sm itself. BTW, if the accepted and rejected files don't add up to the amount of submitted, it means that there are still some that need to be reviewed. This will usually happen when I think a file should be in but Rebirth has not played it yet, or win I'm unsure of a file and am waiting to hear from Rebirth. If one of your files is accepted I will PM you, so don't spam the thread with "Is mine in?"

Submitted Files: 6
Accepted Files: 2
Rejected Files: 1

Last edited by braintrust; 03-13-2007 at 10:22 PM..
braintrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
Ramengan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Ramengan
Default Re: Simfile Revamp II (take 2)

Darn, I already made a bunch of DDR re-steps and they're all released. Sigh.

I'm still rolling around in VGMP2 goodness. I'll probably step a few things later. That is, if anyone else picks up interest in this.

<-- This is the Edit button. It's at the bottom-right of all of your own posts. The Edit button is your friend; use it.
Ramengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
DDRBaller123
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DDRBaller123 Send a message via MSN to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Yahoo to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Skype™ to DDRBaller123

i made a file but the file just have heavy and challenge is that ok or does it have to have Begginer, light, standerd too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
you sound like a nerd and your girlfriend is trying to make you sound less nerdy because your nickname for your ex is m'lady dragonborne or some shit and she don't wanna be seen with no scrub
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy bitch about it.

The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.
DDRBaller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
braintrust
FFR Player

Files with only heavy and challenge will be accepted, but only if the heavy and challenge charts are really good. In other words, I would really perfer if ALL charts were included.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
Ramengan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Ramengan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRBaller123 View Post
i made a file but the file just have heavy and challenge is that ok or does it have to have Begginer, light, standerd too
If you don't want to make the easier charts, I could give it a try.

<-- This is the Edit button. It's at the bottom-right of all of your own posts. The Edit button is your friend; use it.
Ramengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
DDRBaller123
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DDRBaller123 Send a message via MSN to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Yahoo to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Skype™ to DDRBaller123

ok

Quote:
you sound like a nerd and your girlfriend is trying to make you sound less nerdy because your nickname for your ex is m'lady dragonborne or some shit and she don't wanna be seen with no scrub
Quote:
The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy bitch about it.

The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
lolTorrent
Banned

I was going to step that Beautiful Day that someone posted as a KB file, but I might make pads steps now. It'd be easier. And I have a couple songs that I haven't released that I could submit.
lolTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #8
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I still have my Simfile Revamp II submissions. I think I had two or three accepted files.

Contact me on MSN and I'll send them to you or something. Maybe we can work together on this one and hopefully it won't die again.
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Don't forget to tell people to convert their music files into .ogg and to patch them with the OGG Length Patch if the song is over 2 minutes long. It won't work on R21 if you don't.

If I submit anything, it'll be just conversions of popular keyboard files.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #10
braintrust
FFR Player

Actually, please submit as MP3! This is very important. I will personally convert all files to ogg. If you only have an ogg to begin with, that's fine, but I would perfer if submissions are given in mp3 format.

Also, conversions of popular keyboard files are what I would really like to see. I think this pack is a good oppurtunity to get pad conversions of the songs we play anyways. I'm planning on making/already working on Swing 54321, Dough-nuts Town Map, and Votum Stellarum files myself.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:50 PM   #11
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
I still have my Simfile Revamp II submissions. I think I had two or three accepted files.

Contact me on MSN and I'll send them to you or something. Maybe we can work together on this one and hopefully it won't die again.
Does this mean that my submissions will carry over? Or will I have to resubmit the songs that I stepped for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Your submissions will carry over
Old 03-12-2007, 02:34 AM   #13
rabraba
Banned

ill step something for this
rabraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #14
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
Your submissions will carry over
Does this mean that the 2/2 are my files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #15
braintrust
FFR Player

Well, I actually haven't seen any of the files from previous submissions except for those that Rebirth had accepted. One of them I know isn't yours, one of them has no cd title, so I'm not sure who's it is. But I'm really too lazy to open MSN and ask Rebirth.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa

Oh I just realized you're Joel Stud LMFAO
Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
braintrust
FFR Player

Note: Pad files are not keyboard files. Make sure that you're file does not have a ton of double steps in it! In fact, make sure it has none (unless you mean for them to be there). If you have double steps in your file on purpose, let me know when you talk to me or PM me so I don't think it was just a mistake on your part.

Definition of Doublt Step: When the player is forced to step on two different arrows with the same foot or perform a crossover resulting in extended time facing away from the screen or twist their legs in an uncomforatble fashion.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #18
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Jai envie was Zagh
Go Hell was Iamme

I'll have to send you the rest of my submissions later. I have 5 / 6 that weren't judged.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #19
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Sweet, i can't wait
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #20
DDRBaller123
FFR Player

1 rejected file I hope that it's not mine

Quote:
Quote: