Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
gonzo4life44
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gonzo4life44 Send a message via MSN to gonzo4life44 Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo4life44
Default Tattoos / Piercings

About this time last year, I pierced my ears. Eventually, I started to gauge them. For some reason, I couldn't stop making my ear holes bigger. I dont know why I started to gauge them, I just kind of got a "thrill" off of it. Now my ears are size 0 and im happy with them.

Just recently, for my 18th birthday, I got my lip pierced. Again, I loved it. I got another thrill just like I did with my ears. I also have an appointment to get a tattoo sometime this month and I cant wait.

I just wanted to know, is there some type of logic behind this certian "thrill?" Am I the only one that gets this thrill? If you have gotten a tattoo or piercing, why and what was your logic behind it? Did you get hooked? Also, will you regret it in the future? That's one thing I am scared of happening. I don't want to look back on these tattoo's and piercings as a bad thing. Thanks for feedback.

gonzo4life44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: Tattoos / Piercings

i've always wanted to get my lipped pierced but i live in a household filled with mormons who don't believe a male should have a piercing of any kind. this applies with tattoos for males and females.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

I have a tattoo of my family crest on my back. It's kind of a traditional thing in my family. My dad, grandpa, great-grandpa and brother all have them also. I'm not sure if it goes back farther than that but it was hella fun getting it. I wouldn't do any more though.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I've never liked either of them. An ear piercing is nice on a woman, but you can overdo it. I usually don't care for Tattoos.

I really don't see the thrill. I would say later in life it'll look stupid and you'll regret doing it. So then, some people say they only want a small tattoo, but then I say, what's the point? It's stupid. I don't get it XD

But hey, everyone is free to do what they want with their body.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

You could be a sado-masachist.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

My mother is avidly against piercings and tattoos and says she will kick me out of the house if I ever get one before I move out.

I plan on walking in one day with my ear pierced though. She'll yell at me and hate me for a week and then she'll realize it doesn't matter at all.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
gonzo4life44
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gonzo4life44 Send a message via MSN to gonzo4life44 Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo4life44

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
i've always wanted to get my lipped pierced but i live in a household filled with mormons who don't believe a male should have a piercing of any kind. this applies with tattoos for males and females.
My mom (very, very mormon) doesnt like the fact that I have piercing. Infact, she hates it. But give her about a week and shes over it. Like with my ears she told me that I should do what ever makes me happy. My lip ring on the other hand, which I got 2 days ago. Is a whole other story. She is still not talking to me.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
DrMumbo
FFR Player

I have the same problem.

I recently upgraded my ears to a double 0.
lip, and corset down my 4arm.

i know 100% how you feel. i love the feeling you get and honestly ahha i have no idea. but i guess we arnt alone!
DrMumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
anewaddiction
FFR Player

everything in moderation and always get something you know you can hide if you want to =]
anewaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

I've considered getting my tongue pierced and also like 2 more piercings on my ears (which will make 6 all together on both). I don't know about the "thrill" of it, but, from watching friends and people on television and stuff, it kind of seems like an addiction. It's like a drug, once you're hooked and like it, you can't stop.

Anyway, I'm mormon too, so, I don't know if I can get anything pierced until I move out and stuff. I'm pretty sure my parents would punish me to the extreme. I plan on moving out when I'm 18 anyway.. which will be my last year of high school. I'll see how that works out.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #11
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

In my Mythology class (which, wasn't really so much about Mythology as it was about the philosophy of Mythology) my professor asked for a raise of hands as to how many people had tattoos. While only a few raised their hands, the ones that did had multiple tattoos (one girl had 22). I believe that once you alter your body in way, you cross a threshold, as in those who do get tattoos are more likely to get another one than those who don't have tattoos are likely to get their first one...if that makes sense.

I also believe body modification is popular because it feeds a primal desire. If one looks at the primal societies still alive today, they find that body modification is a fundemental part of their culture and religion. For some, one's body is the ultimate blank canvas and it's not all that uncommon for one to want to permenately mark their body with symbols of that which they hold dear to them, turning their body into a work of art.

While I personally have no desire to pierce or tattoo any part of my body, I do respect the art form.

Last edited by jewpinthethird; 12-11-2006 at 06:12 PM..
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #12
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith

Tattoos and piercings never really appealed to me, besides getting my ears pierced. I do, however, don't mind if people get them. It doesn't make me think any more or less of them. People should be free to do whatever they want in this case, anyway... it's "self-expression," as some may argue.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
dragonschild
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dragonschild

One day for some random I branded myself, and since then I have branded myself numerous times, and had my girl put many a cigarette out on my arms. I dont know why, but I like it......
dragonschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #14
gonzo4life44
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
I don't know about the "thrill" of it, but, from watching friends and people on television and stuff, it kind of seems like an addiction. It's like a drug, once you're hooked and like it, you can't stop.
I Agree now that I think about it. It does seem like a drug because its hard to stop.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #15
DrugstoreCowboy
Is Famouz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DrugstoreCowboy

I had my lip peirced. See picture below.

My lip ring got old, I took it out, but i felt naked without a piercing so then I went on to pierce my septum (nose). see below.

I took that out. about a month ago, and went in and got the inside of my lip tattooed. Whats cool about that, is that its hidden from everyone, unless you show them, but also, its not permanant inside of your lip and will eventually go away in about 3 months. But im kinda hooked to having something done, but not too much.

DrugstoreCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #16
Ryusei_
God
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ryusei_ Send a message via Yahoo to Ryusei_ Send a message via Skype™ to Ryusei_

So yea, I have three in my left ear, my eyebrow and my tongue...

As to why I did it, I don't really know. I mean, most of it was just because I just like the way it looked, but I guess in all reality, it fed a little into my masochistic nature.

But for the most part, yea looks.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #17
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

I bet you didn't pay for any of it either. :]
Old 12-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #18
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

no you see the thing is . if i want to have a place to live , then i CAN'T get a piercing. it's not about my mom getting over it or not it's simply not tolerated in my house. i'm graduating this week so maybe my luck will change.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #19
OuterSpace
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well, I have had my ears pierced since I was like 3 or something.. and throughout elementary school my friends got more piercings but I didn't think much of it until like High School... that's when I started liking piercings. And I also got my eyebrow pierced although I kinda regret that.. but it was exciting either way..
OuterSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #20
x3Mamimi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to x3Mamimi Send a message via Skype™ to x3Mamimi

Personally,
I gauged my ears last year too.
To 0's ironically.
But, I took them out..oh, 6 months ago.
and, I think
why the **** did I do that?

I mean, I thought it was awesome then. And I loved them. but now, I wish I hadn't as the holes in my ears are still larger.
all I'm saying is.
cool cool.
peircings are a little hole.
and when/if the thrill goes away so does the peircing.
but a tattoo?
I'm too scared i'll regret it.