Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-1-2003, 12:41 PM   #1
Winter_Candy
FFR Player

Default FFX......How well of a game is it ?

I reall wanna know how well of a game this is before I splurge my money on it.........
Old 12-1-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

I have FFX, and here's what I think about the game. Overall, its a great game. It has cool CG cinematics, fairly good voice acting, and decent graphics (for the time). More importantly, its very fun to play. However, it does have its faults...Most noticeably, the time commitment. This isn't really a fault, just be prepared to put at least 50+ hours into it, because its a HUGE game. The cutscenes are plentiful, but extremely badly done (and eye-bleedingly painful to watch), and you cannot skip them, giving the game very little replay value. Some parts of the game are confusing, with unclear directives, and other parts are so insanely difficult it is frusturating. But all in all, faults aside, its really a very good game. However I'd recommend FFX-2, as its gotten much better ratings and I've heard better things about it, but don't get it if you're a fan of the FF mold.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2003, 04:34 PM   #3
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

FFX and FFX-2 suck.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2003, 04:38 PM   #4
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

Quote:
and other parts are so insanely difficult it is frusturating.
Yeah... like when I killed the last boss in 3 hits... omg...

I liked the game, but it was more of a movie then a game with all the cutscenes... I think there were 51 cutscenes and a lot more.... in game... type scene things.

EDIT: Thinking back a bit more... *spoilers?* yunalesca was pretty hard... unless you had holy which you probably don't by that time...

Heh, I liked how by the end I was doing 99,999 with quick hits with tidus. (Tidus: Quick hit, normal hit, 99,999 each. Yuna: Double cast holy for 99,999 a pop. Auron: Normal hit 99,999 = dead enemy)
Old 12-1-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
thebox
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
other parts are so insanely difficult it is frusturating. .
My 8 year old brother beat the game

If your thinking about buying the game, its only 20 bucks now if i remeber correctly. Just pick it up or put it on your christmas list
thebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2003, 07:47 PM   #6
nelly1432
FFR Player

i think ffx .... wait ... what the hell is ffx? i forgot
nelly1432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2003, 09:39 PM   #7
CocoBeans
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CocoBeans

The game was awesome, but I found it too easy. The only hard bosses were Yunalesca, that stupid dragon thing that kept on healing himself, and maybe Jecht; hard meaning it took me twice to beat them. It was so easy, wasn't very challenging (unless you count in the Ultimate Weapons thing and that stupid Chocobo race), meh, I dunno. The only reason I'm playing it again is for the al bhed language thing and to finally figure out wth they're saying.

EDIT: But if you like awesome graphics and cool music and LOVE Final Fantasy; it's worth getting. Especially if you want to get X-2.
Old 12-1-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
SuperGreenX
Tangy music sauce maker
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to SuperGreenX

How well of a game? wtf...heheh

I thought it was enjoyable. Worth $20 imo.

Wonderful Bite - New SGX Album! You can get it for free, yo!
SuperGreenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2003, 10:00 PM   #9
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
FFX and FFX-2 suck.
Moogy always has the most descriptive comments.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2003, 06:13 PM   #10
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Well, what do you want me to do? Type up a giant report on why they suck? Oh wait, you probably do want me to. :P

Well, I don't, so I'll just leave it at they suck, ok?

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:24 PM   #11
FujiSyusuke4
FFR Player

This game is good, but its long, and all u have to do is get anima and magus sisters and u can beat anything, the aeons are just to strong, but overall its a fun game
FujiSyusuke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:45 PM   #12
In_The_Making
FFR Player

The game ruled. End of story.
In_The_Making is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #13
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX

Wow...you sure brought up an old topic. Well FFX was ok, but I liked FFX-2 more, mainly because of the dress spheres.
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #14
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

And because FFX-2 was simply a better game, albeit totally breaking out of the FF mold.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #15
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

I thought double cast only worked with black magic... dunno been a long time since I've played it...

FFX-2 is awesome. I dunno, people looking for a "serious" RPG probably won't like it, but the story aside, the game mechanics are well done and it's nice to have an RPG that actually takes SKILL for a change.
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:00 PM   #16
qualy
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to qualy Send a message via Yahoo to qualy

I've heard the leveling up system in FFX is shit.
qualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #17
ultima301
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ultima301

The Sphere Grid (leveling up) system is really a unique one, and when manipulated right makes maxing out stats the easiest of all the final fantasies I've played so far...Anyway the game was way too easy. I mean all the forms (3) of the lass bosses combined is about 280,000 hp, while the actual hardest optional boss has 12 MILLION HP (not an exaggeration)..but it's still easy since if you know the game well enough you'll know how you can potentially deal up to 1,499,985 damage a turn from one attack...and attack about 20 times or more before the enemy can strike once.. ^_^.

Also, the sidequests were too few and virtually all of them except for blitzball and the Al Bhed Primer collecting are impossible to access until the near end of the game..

On the bright side, the graphics are amazing and the voice acting is really good (except when Tidus cried...man i HATED THAT) and the story is really one of the best I've seen for a Final Fantasy...since it's so cheap these days you should buy iti f you're into RPGs.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=ultima301 -My Xanga
ultima301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:34 PM   #18
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

FF8 is and always will be the easiest FF game to max your stats out in. Levelling 3 characters to 100 was cake to do in like, 2 hours (probably less if you're any good at the game) and it's pretty simple to get 100 ultimas to max out your str, max hp was EASY, etc etc... I don't remember if you could max EVERY stat out completely, but those that you couldn't max, you could get very high.
Oh yes, and lets not forget zell's 100k damage limit break (kills the hardest enemy in the game in one attack. pretty cheesy.)
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:19 AM   #19
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

I agree, the game is rather easy. I only just started playing it, but I am totally hooked. Seriously, it is pretty much all I have been doing for the past few days. So far, it has been an extremely awesome game.

And not all the cut scenes are bad. It does have a few extremely smooth and very colorful cut scenes. And the levels are beautiful. I would definetly buy it. I mean, it is 20 bucks. I am barrowing my friends at the moment, but I might buy it anyways. (and it doesnt hurt that the Female characters are rather...uh...hot).

Unless the game takes a total turn for the worst (ex. FFVII: Cloud being a dumbass and forgetting who he is, which I hated and thus a major reason as to why I have yet to beat it in 3 years.) I might consider it one of my top ten favorite games.

The only thing that I dont like is the voice acting. I cant stand it. And I wish there was a way I could turn on the Japanese voices.

And the sphere grid system is awesome. I like how it lets you decide how you want to level-up your character.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:29 AM   #20
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

Yeah, it never gets suddenly worse like in FFV11 or a few of the other FFs... although the last boss is pathetic (one or two attacks should).

I liked the game... just all the cut scenes don't make for much replay value... still a good game.